I just sold my 2021 Bronco

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It's like people think the market they're selling into is different than the market they'll be buying from.
Trying to explain this to some family members pressuring others to sell their house right now. All they see are the dollar signs coming in, completely forgetting the cost of buy-in of their next place will probably inflate more before they can close.
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I just sold my 2021 Bronco to the dealer I bought it from for $5000 more than I paid him 5 months and 7000 miles ago. Now I am looking to buy a 2021 Wrangler 392 Rubicon, but before I do I need to know it can be flat towed 4 wheels down behind my RV. So far I have not had this confirmed to a level that makes me feel Ok spending $85K plus. I need help!
If you can't flat tow the 392 behind the RV, just flat tow the RV behind the 392! :LOL: That thing is a beast! LOL

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
The 392 market has softened up quite a bit from what I've seen. At the auction they are bringing sticker or a little under.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Made 5K and then going to overspend more than 5K on the 392 :CWL:
Depends on where you get it. I was able to save 10k off MSRP for a 392.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I'm trying to convince myself now is a good time to take money out of the house to do upgrades. Or buy crypto...
Do it before rates increase if you're going to, if the upgrades will be nice for you and the family and nab a sizable increase in value of the property I'd go that route. I want to like crypto, I have some, but I'm not smart enough with it to give advice on it.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Going through vehicles quickly is American. You pay taxes on every flip, and that helps our economy. :)
Not in TN, you only pay taxes on the difference of the trade and the new vehicle... Means we only paid taxes on $770 when we traded my wife's used Jeep on her new one...

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
It's like people think the market they're selling into is different than the market they'll be buying from.
It is though. Bought a 2021 JLR. The "used" market wants to pay me what I paid. Dealer wants to offer 5% under invoice for a 2022.

I had a Bronco order ($48k) I cancelled. If I would have waited, I'd have been able to sell it for $10k over sticker, or $58k (the OPs is used). I could have then purchased a 2022 JLR for less than $40k. That's the reality of the market right now.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I think a few of the members in this thread have forgotten what the true intent of having a Jeep is. And that’s to “enjoy” it. Not to think of it as a “money making” decision. I knew the resale value was pretty decent, but that wasn’t the #1 intent of my purchase. But it is ultimately their money, their decision I guess.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I think a few of the members in this thread have forgotten what the true intent of having a Jeep is. And that’s to “enjoy” it. Not to think of it as a “money making” decision. I knew the resale value was pretty decent, but that wasn’t the #1 intent of my purchase. But it is ultimately their money, their decision I guess.
Flipping shows are all the rage on tv right now, so the mindset of the horde has changed to that.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Not in TN, you only pay taxes on the difference of the trade and the new vehicle... Means we only paid taxes on $770 when we traded my wife's used Jeep on her new one...
You're totally correct Scott, same in most states, but in this case the OP did not trade. He sold to one dealer and will buy from another. Hell...the extra sales tax will eat up the $5K. All of that said, the OP should follow his heart, and get what he wants, but not under the guise of a good financial decision.

Been there; done that.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
The market is the market. Its not going to over pay for your used car and give you a deal on another one. Markets don't operate like that. It might have been like that at the very beginning, but we're a year into inflation now. Everyone's adjusted.
And the OP is looking at a 392, talk about overpriced lol.
yes it is - i sold 2019 Sahara @ 15% over 2019 MRSP and have ordered a 2022 Rubicon @ 10% below MRSP - Cost to change including taxes $3500 to get into a new upgraded model

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
yes it is - i sold 2019 Sahara @ 15% over 2019 MRSP and have ordered a 2022 Rubicon @ 10% below MRSP - Cost to change including taxes $3500 to get into a new upgraded model
yup. the "purchasing" market is split between the one's who need a car NOW vs the ones who can order and wait. Ordering typically results in at least msrp, but typically under if youre not with a shitty dealer. Buying used or a new car off the lot is going to sell for a premium since there arent many vehicles out there to buy if you need one right now
Sponsored