johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
I just sold my 2021 Bronco to the dealer I bought it from for $5000 more than I paid him 5 months and 7000 miles ago. Now I am looking to buy a 2021 Wrangler 392 Rubicon, but before I do I need to know it can be flat towed 4 wheels down behind my RV. So far I have not had this confirmed to a level that makes me feel Ok spending $85K plus. I need help!
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I just sold my 2021 Bronco to the dealer I bought it from for $5000 more than I paid him 5 months and 7000 miles ago. Now I am looking to buy a 2021 Wrangler 392 Rubicon, but before I do I need to know it can be flat towed 4 wheels down behind my RV. So far I have not had this confirmed to a level that makes me feel Ok spending $85K plus. I need help!
If you don’t mind me asking, why’d you sell it?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
You can flat tow it, although jeeps with the LED lights have been known to have issues when being flat towed - they constantly “wake up” and the battery ends up dead. There’s a company out there that sells an adapter kit that helps fix this issue. Not 100% sure if it’ll work with the 392 though. If you can find the massive flat towing thread on these forums you’ll be able to find lots of answers.

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
You can flat tow it, although jeeps with the LED lights have been known to have issues when being flat towed - they constantly “wake up” and the battery ends up dead.
You can also wire the "toad" car with a 7-wire harness to enable battery charging. If you ad in a DC-DC charger, you can make sure the battery is topped off when you get to where you're going.

Sponsored

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Damn, that's amazing. I should've done that. I canceled my order for my 2021 Bronco (which just arrived at the dealer the other day), then bought my Wrangler instead.

I turned in a low mileage lease recently too. So many opportunities to make a few bucks that I missed out on. Oh well. Good for you!!!

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
$5000 may seem like a lot to many people, but when you factor in the cost you will spend on a 392 (which will be significantly more than the Bronco), hmm....I don't know if it would be cost effective in the end. Aren't dealers charging like $10k-$15k over sticker for 392s nowadays? The used/new car industry is crazy now, just like the housing industry. People are selling their homes for a significant profit just to find out they will spend $100k-$150k more on a new house of equivalent size. It's crazy out there!

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
$5000 may seem like a lot to many people, but when you factor in the cost you will spend on a 392 (which will be significantly more than the Bronco), hmm....I don't know if it would be cost effective in the end. Aren't dealers charging like $10k-$15k over sticker for 392s nowadays? The used/new car industry is crazy now, just like the housing industry. People are selling their homes for a significant profit just to find out they will spend $100k-$150k more on a new house of equivalent size. It's crazy out there!
“Aren't dealers charging like $10k-$15k over sticker for 392s nowadays?”

Not all dealers. Only the shitty ones

148BB356-628E-4FB4-AD6C-4B2F7EF162A1.png

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
totally agree. i know chapman in horsham pa is a really good dealer to order a 392, trx, or even bronco through. you'd be paying under msrp with them.

don't even get me started with the housing market :angry:

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
It's like people think the market they're selling into is different than the market they'll be buying from.
If you're shrewd enough to sell a almost new vehicle for a 5k profit, you're probably shrewd enough not to overpay for its replacement. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored