bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say that you're a bad owner, but Jeep or not, I wax every vehicle I've ever owned. I feel that I pay too much money for these not to take care of them.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

bautistasamuel

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
But I do it frequently. I always like to work with it. Actually, its appearance is a lot to me.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Since I was a kid it was accepted practice to wash your car frequently and wax 2-3 times per year. Other than ceramic, carnuba oil is probably your best protection, not the synthetic shit that some companies put out.

Now for the folks that don't want to do anything to care for their expensive vehicles, do us a favor and in 2-3 years don't squawk about FCA having poor paint and you're all faded or have acid rain spots.

Don't forget the 6 "P" method: Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Owned mine 20 months. Have never waxed it. I take mine through an auto car wash 2-3 times per week except for when doors are off. This includes with soft top or with hard top. Have a car wash across the street from work that I have a monthly pass to.

Did same routine on my JK that I owned for 8 years. Never waxed it. Paint was fine.

I suppose if you get road salts and trail crap off of it routinely enough it holds up ok. At least to an acceptable degree for me.

Come to think of it, I think I waxed a car one time in my life, some 20+ years ago.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Growing up...my Dad taught us to respect and take care of things your hard earned money bought! We, my three brothers and I all learned this.... and every car I have ever owned got the wash, wax treatment every weekend whether it was dirty or not! It was ingrained in us at an early age and I would feel like a lazy f@&$ if I were to ever change that routine....on the plus side I have always gotten top dollar on my vehicles when ever trading or selling.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I bet I spend more time working on my Jeep than 99% of the people on this forum, however, it certainly isn’t on waxing. It’s touching up scrapes on the undercarriage (off-road a lot), it’s greasing, it’s dialing things in, it’s new parts install, removing bug guts and road tar, etc. Seriously, I spend many hours every week doing these things.

I guarantee you my Jeep is one of the best maintained Jeeps on this forum, but again, I don’t see the value in waxing. Got better things to do.

I know there are lots of people that care a lot about the paint and the appearance of it and I think that is great. Jeep ownership is lots of things to lots of people and as long as you enjoy it that is all that matters to me. It’s not that I would be ok with my Jeeps paint looking like crap, it’s just that with regular cleanings it still looks very good.

Plus, trail pinstripes are earned!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I bet I spend more time working on my Jeep than 99% of the people on this forum, however, it certainly isn’t on waxing. It’s touching up scrapes on the undercarriage (off-road a lot), it’s greasing, it’s dialing things in, it’s new parts install, removing bug guts and road tar, etc. Seriously, I spend many hours every week doing these things.

I guarantee you my Jeep is one of the best maintained Jeeps on this forum, but again, I don’t see the value in waxing. Got better things to do.

I know there are lots of people that care a lot about the paint and the appearance of it and I think that is great. Jeep ownership is lots of things to lots of people and as long as you enjoy it that is all that matters to me. It’s not that I would be ok with my Jeeps paint looking like crap, it’s just that with regular cleanings it still looks very good.

Plus, trail pinstripes are earned!
Chacun a son gout

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Since I was a kid it was accepted practice to wash your car frequently and wax 2-3 times per year. Other than ceramic, carnuba oil is probably your best protection, not the synthetic shit that some companies put out.
Honestly you're wrong with your thinking. Synthetic waxes which are Sealants don't provide as much of a shine as a Carnauba Wax does but provide much better protection. They last a lot longer than waxes do (4-12 months depending on what you buy + other factors) and offer much better protection versus the sun, salt, acid rain, harsh soaps, etc. They'll only be removed by polishing. The chemical resistance is very high. In contrast Carnauba Waxes will be wiped out by strong heat or non pH-neutral soap. Even the Spray Sealants available provide much better protection than Carnauba Wax.