Sponsored

I have to vent my frustation with rugged ridge.

fuelfox4949

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Occupation
Capt of the Wiggle Wagons.
back in December i ordered a soft top from rugged ridge because it fit all my needs.
it was labeled as being a fastback style, that you could open the top over the driver and passenger or you could fold it all the way back like the Mopar brand.

now since it was December and the instructions say not to install it tell its 70 degrees out and i live in Minnesota i kept my hardtop on for my first winter with my new jeep.
fast forward to last week when i was just poking around trying to find pictures of what it would look like on a 2 door jeep. i stumbled on someone asking a question if the top folds down, rugged ridge replied "No it does not." however before i purchased the top there was a answer where rugged ridge said "it folds back to the spare tire like the Mopar top."
now i am confused and i ask rugged ridge "does it fold back like you claim it did on 5/24/21 or does it not fold back like you answered a few days ago"
they did not post the question or reply to it, now i check today and they changed there answer back on 5/24/21 saying "no it does not fold back" to cover there tracks.
to me personally that is a very sketchy low thing to do by trying to sweep your error away.
thankfully i took pictures of the replies before they changed it so i will post them below.

thanks for allowing me the long rant so i can blow of some steam and rugged ridge you can F*** off!!!

i know everyone has had bad luck with companies and purchases throughout there life and that's just simply how life is.
but if anyone wants to share some stories... well lets hear them.

Jeep Wrangler JL I have to vent my frustation with rugged ridge. 20220411_112528
Jeep Wrangler JL I have to vent my frustation with rugged ridge. 20220417_105526
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
While it's been thankfully rare, I have encountered a couple of vendors who've played reindeer games. They either retroactively edit their ad copy or Review posts (as Cody experienced), or disallow reviews from verified purchasers that have anything less than glowing content.

The foregoing has occurred with well-known motorcycle parts suppliers; I've not yet come across any examples in the Jeep community.

Sketchy? You bet. I have a long memory in such matters, though, so the offenders won't ever see another dollar from me. That's about all we can do from our seats.

Conversely, I will sing the praises of those vendors who are honest and forthright, and/or go above and beyond to serve their community. I'm fortunate to know more of them than I do the ones who don't always play it straight.