I have never waxed my car but ....

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Hello , I have never waxed my vehicle once in my entire life but these corona days I've got so much free time that I decided to wax the Jeep . I do not enjoy to spend much time washing a polishing my wheels so what would you think is an easy and safe type of wax to apply by hands where I will be done in 1/2 hour doing the job. Please name me some well known products I can get at Walmart or NAPA . I do not need some Hollywood sunshine just a basic product that will offer extra protection and some shine to the paint. Thank you.
Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Hello , I have never waxed my vehicle once in my entire life but these corona days I've got so much free time that I decided to wax the Jeep . I do not enjoy to spend much time washing a polishing my wheels so what would you think is an easy and safe type of wax to apply by hands where I will be done in 1/2 hour doing the job. Please name me some well known products I can get at Walmart or NAPA . I do not need some Hollywood sunshine just a basic product that will offer extra protection and some shine to the paint. Thank you.
I personally use a variety of high quality products from my local detail distributor, but Iā€™m the type that spends hours shining my vehicles.

For what youā€™re looking to do, I highly recommend Mothers car care products. Their Spray wax is really good And you can use on your wheels as well.

If you havenā€™t cleaned your wheels in a while, I recommend using Mothers Foaming Wheel and Tire cleaner first. This will remove deep dirt and grime off the wheel and tire as well as brake dust.

If you decide to go for an even deeper clean, try their clay bar system as well. It is extremely high quality and will leave your paint as smooth as glass.

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I use Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All ( https://washwax.com/collections/wash-wax-all/products/wash-wax-waterless-car-wash-kit ), and Iā€˜ve been very satisfied with the results. Because I can use it on all my JLā€™s exterior surfaces, it makes for a really easy application, especially with so many nooks & crannies, and the dissimilar materials (paint, plastics, glass).

I prefer the wet application method, but it can be used as a waterless product as well (which I do for between wash/wax touch-ups, but not if my JL is really dirty). Also, the manufacturer claims that this stuff leaves a UV protective coating; I am hoping this may help prevent graying of the black plastic bits.

This stuff is very easy to apply and leaves a great shine!

Amazon has it.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Walmart now sells Chemical Guys, use it. Some of the best detailing supplies and it smells great. Chemical guys has videos on their website showing how to use their products to get the best effect too.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Turltle Wax has something similar. I've discovered a whole world of You Tube detailing videos, I recommend you watch some showing the Meguiars. That will also expose you to the similar products. Start with this one

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Turtle Wax Seal and Shine or Turtle Wax's Spray Ceramic Coating would work best for you. Cheap, durable and they leave a good shine. Chemical Guys is at Walmart and I would definitely avoid their products.. Average but overpriced, not worth the money.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I'm a fan of Meguiar's products too. It's primarily all I use anymore. It's not top of the line, but it's not the base stuff either.

Turtle Wax is also a good choice. They've been around forever. They have a decent product at a low price, which is probably why they've been around so long. Turtle is great for the type of automotive detail person that you're describing yourself being. It's affordable, it will do the intended job, it goes on easy enough, and it can be found at most retail and automotive stores.

Good luck, happy polishing.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Ditto on the Aero Cosmetics waterless wash and wax but only when the doors and or top is off, otherwise I do a yearly clay bar with MacGuyers Ultimate wax (Takes very long), but mostly wash then spray wax and Turtle Wax seal n shine is the best and under an hour total.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a fan of Meguiar's products too. It's primarily all I use anymore. It's not top of the line, but it's not the base stuff either.

Turtle Wax is also a good choice. They've been around forever. They have a decent product at a low price, which is probably why they've been around so long. Turtle is great for the type of automotive detail person that you're describing yourself being. It's affordable, it will do the intended job, it goes on easy enough, and it can be found at most retail and automotive stores.

Good luck, happy polishing.
I am glad the brand isn't called LIZZARD . I do not like to move much faster than turtle so it will probably be turtle wax.:)

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I used these products and was super pleased, took some time to do it as I washed, dried, clay barred and then did the pre-cleaner and finally the ceramic spray
Jeep Wrangler JL I have never waxed my car but .... 39FDBF54-C69E-4EB1-A55C-72ACE63D525F
Jeep Wrangler JL I have never waxed my car but .... AAADAD07-FE03-4A7B-9B6D-3CB66AC24179
Jeep Wrangler JL I have never waxed my car but .... 6A9367E0-AA46-4D62-9263-1D6039327F9F
Jeep Wrangler JL I have never waxed my car but .... E15AA1E9-FA6B-4598-9607-C1582865F85B
Jeep Wrangler JL I have never waxed my car but .... 299C7DAA-1BA5-4065-8060-215AD817B344

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used these products and was super pleased, took some time to do it as I washed, dried, clay barred and then did the pre-cleaner and finally the ceramic spray
39FDBF54-C69E-4EB1-A55C-72ACE63D525F.jpeg
AAADAD07-FE03-4A7B-9B6D-3CB66AC24179.jpeg
6A9367E0-AA46-4D62-9263-1D6039327F9F.jpeg
E15AA1E9-FA6B-4598-9607-C1582865F85B.jpeg
299C7DAA-1BA5-4065-8060-215AD817B344.jpeg
great job , I think you could easily start up a detailing garage:)

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
- Mothers wheel cleaner for the rims and tires
- turtle wax ceramic was
- turtle wax ceramic spray
- pinnacle vinyl rubber protectant
- invisible glass for windows

I operated a detailing business for years and Mothers and Turtle Wax as good of a job as any of the higher priced products. I use the Ceramic spray on my rims as well and they come out fantastic. As for my plastic trim and rubber( interior and exterior) I use Pinnacle. It does NOT leave a greasy wet shine( I canā€™t stand that ). It has more of a ā€œ factoryā€ look but has UV protection. My 2020 Rubi 2 dr is by far the easiest ride Iā€™ve ever detailed.
Sponsored