Sponsored

I have had it!!! #FreeMyJeep - end the KZ status!!!

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Not going to make you feel any better but mine arrived in 19 days from order to delivery. I ordered in Feb...JLUR, hardtop, fully loaded. Dealer thinks the plant had a Jeep already configured to what I wanted and just swapped it in as my order.

As for repairs...I do think many of the earlier builds had issues and maybe they are being held back for repairs. Not sure how many the line built before releasing to the public but anytime you start mass production of anything the first few batches are gonna have issues. This is probably what order in Feb/Mar are being delivered sooner.

Also depends on your options. Soft top seems to be the main hold up.

How you get yours soon.
Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I wasn’t given that information. Sorry
I ordered my JLU February 9 and they still have no ETA is been completed since March 16 sitting in a field someplace. It’s just hard to believe that there has been a lot of issues for a new car more than the average and they sold more jeeps in March then in the history of jeep! So I guess there’s nobody to blame except us.... what’s funny about the whole thing is that with all the chaos including accessories by Mopar they raise the price 750 bucks, go figure !!

crash13

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Just another FYI, Mopar is now acknowledging that there is a problem with the springs, they are in the process of fixing the problem.
Also some delivered Jeeps have had weld issues and steering issues, including one person losing steering control while driving on the freeway! Not sure about you, but if it takes a few extra weeks to double check, I'd rather a have a perfect Jeep, or at least very well inspected, delivered to me. However, I will agree that delivery issues should be a no-brainer. Hire more drivers!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Also some delivered Jeeps have had weld issues and steering issues, including one person losing steering control while driving on the freeway! Not sure about you, but if it takes a few extra weeks to double check, I'd rather a have a perfect Jeep, or at least very well inspected, delivered to me. However, I will agree that delivery issues should be a no-brainer. Hire more drivers!
At the exorbitant shipping fee they charge, "shipping issues" isn't a valid excuse. They charge $450 more to ship from America to America than Toyota does to ship a 4Runner from Japan to America.

For $1445 I could probably get a vehicle on a truck to go across the country, today.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At the exorbitant shipping fee they charge, "shipping issues" isn't a valid excuse. They charge $450 more to ship from America to America than Toyota does to ship a 4Runner from Japan to America.

For $1445 I could probably get a vehicle on a truck to go across the country, today.
Very true! They should let the dealers go get them, not charge us the 1495 and just pay the dealers! It would be less.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I can beat your late delivery. I ordered Mojito and was told that assembly won't start until mid-May. I also ordered the Trail Rail Management System and was now told that due to parts delay...assembly won't start until end of May/early June. So delivery will be mid/late July for orders placed in April.

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
UPDATE

Ok... I think Jeep is no longer updating their system or negative PR pressure is the only solution to getting your Jeep. On Tuesday 4/17 I reached out to JEEP Cares and was told my JLUR was in KZS, also had confirmed this with the dealer prior to asking JEEP Cares but I wanted to start barking and thought I would try there first. That went as well as I am sure you all know....they told me its still in KZ and had no idea when it would ship.

So I contact FCA North America - radio silence. No reply.

I then took to Twitter and created #FreeMyJEEP and tagged it on every Jeep ad I could find on Twitter. The next morning I had a bunch of emails from Jeep Cares and even more from FCA since they were also tagged in my Twitter feeds. They wanted my VIN and said they would get back to me. In the mean time I kept up my twitter campaign. The next day (two days later) I receive an email from FCA stating the vehicle had been delivered to my dealer. Stunned and completely not believing it I contacted the dealer. They said, "Nope...that thing is in KZS still according to the system". So I emailed them the letter from FCA so went out and walked the receiving area and see if it came in. A few hours later I was told it really had been delivered, yet the system still showed it as KZS.

So.... either FCA stuck that JEEP on a truck and sent it out to CA or it was already on a rail car and JEEP has decided not to update the status of their system. So.... no idea what to say about it. Other than...the "trucking" company forgot to give the dealer the bill of lading so my dealer cant do my PDI until they get that. But I am going to go down to the dealer in the morning and get all the paperwork done, inspect the welds, test drive, go through the check list (thank you to who ever created it) and see what I really have. I am half expecting it to be not there when I get there but we will see.

#FreeMyJeep

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I hit KZS today according to my dealer. I knew I heard KZS somewhere else today. I even asked around about and duh you mentioned it in a reply to me earlier today. How long have you been in kZS?
Well technically still in KZS although the vehicle was shipped to my dealer. I pick it up tomorrow ... fingers crossed. So I started KZS about 4 weeks ago.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE

Ok... I think Jeep is no longer updating their system or negative PR pressure is the only solution to getting your Jeep. On Tuesday 4/17 I reached out to JEEP Cares and was told my JLUR was in KZS, also had confirmed this with the dealer prior to asking JEEP Cares but I wanted to start barking and thought I would try there first. That went as well as I am sure you all know....they told me its still in KZ and had no idea when it would ship.

I then took to Twitter and created #FreeMyJEEP and tagged it on every Jeep ad I could find on Twitter. The next morning I had a bunch of emails from Jeep Cares and even more from FCA since they were also tagged in my Twitter feeds. They wanted my VIN and said they would get back to me. In the mean time I kept up my twitter campaign. The next day (two days later) I receive an email from FCA stating the vehicle had been delivered to my dealer. Stunned and completely not believing it I contacted the dealer. They said, "Nope...that thing is in KZS still according to the system". So I emailed them the letter from FCA so went out and walked the receiving area and see if it came in. A few hours later I was told it really had been delivered, yet the system still showed it as KZS.

So.... either FCA stuck that JEEP on a truck and sent it out to CA or it was already on a rail car and JEEP has decided not to update the status of their system. So.... no idea what to say about it. Other than...the "trucking" company forgot to give the dealer the bill of lading so my dealer cant do my PDI until they get that. But I am going to go down to the dealer in the morning and get all the paperwork done, inspect the welds, test drive, go through the check list (thank you to who ever created it) and see what I really have. I am half expecting it to be not there when I get there but we will see.

#FreeMyJeep
UPDATE

#FreeMyJeep
UPDATE

#FreeMyJeep
Are you in Cali? Can you send the check list. Also, how can I get on that Twitter feed? My JLU has been done since March 16 ( cleared for shipping), it was supposed to be delivered between April 2-6, then April 9-16, then April 27 and now no ETA??? I’m so frustrated with jeep, this is my first time ordering a Jeep and it’s been the worst experience that I have ever come upon when ordering a vehicle. And I’ve ordered a few cars in my time.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, hit the reply multiple times...
How can I get on that Twitter feed? My JLU has been done since March 16 ( cleared for shipping), it was supposed to be delivered between April 2-6, then April 9-16, then April 27 and now no ETA??? I’m so frustrated with jeep, this is my first time ordering a Jeep ( let alone on a jeep) and it’s been the worst experiencethat I have ever come upon when ordering a vehicle. And I’ve ordered a few cars in my time.

Can you also send me that checklist and any contact numbers, so I can start my crusade in finding my jeep.

OP
OP
xeon

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Sorry, hit the reply multiple times...
How can I get on that Twitter feed? My JLU has been done since March 16 ( cleared for shipping), it was supposed to be delivered between April 2-6, then April 9-16, then April 27 and now no ETA??? I’m so frustrated with jeep, this is my first time ordering a Jeep ( let alone on a jeep) and it’s been the worst experiencethat I have ever come upon when ordering a vehicle. And I’ve ordered a few cars in my time.

Can you also send me that checklist and any contact numbers, so I can start my crusade in finding my jeep.
Yes I am SoCal. and the frustration is shared.

First start by logging onto Twitter at www.twitter.com. If you don't already have an account you can create one for free.
Once your account is setup you can use the search bar for #FreeMyJeep It will take you to the thread. Google is also very quick to pickup just about everything related to a hashtag ("#") so you can also google search #FreeMyJeep and read/view some of the posts that way but you will have to wade through all the form posts with it as well. You will want to "Follow" Jeep, and any and all other JEEP things you like.

The delivery checklist can be found at Delivery Checklist.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR

First start by logging onto Twitter at www.twitter.com. If you don't already have an account you can create one for free.
Once your account is setup you can use the search bar for #FreeMyJeep It will take you to the thread. Google is also very quick to pickup just about everything related to a hashtag ("#") so you can also google search #FreeMyJeep and read/view some of the posts that way but you will have to wade through all the form posts with it as well. You will want to "Follow" Jeep, and any and all other JEEP things you like.

I am in San Diego, my date is May 23rd. Maybe we will be train mates, vs inmates.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase

I was inspired by your #FreeMyJeep campaign and started something similar earlier this week. You tweets were awesome. I need to adjust a few things based on your advice but my status did change 2 days ago. So maybe.... Congrats on getting yours!

Oh just checked Twitter and it appears I got a nibble....

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.30.21 AM.png

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
So JeepChat just said....

Randolph: What the system shows is that your Black 2018 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON has been delivered to the dealership.

The sad part is I am not sure I believe it but....maybe....Just maybe.... It's 9AM here so the dealer just opened.
Sponsored