Sponsored

I have a question about the right place to ask a question. ((Updated, now with pics))

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
So, although I've been a member since 2017, I haven't really been active on the forum until recently. And I wanted to show a couple pics of the wheels I'm considering for my upcoming 392, with it's unique bronze accent's, to get your opinions, (especially since you other 392 peeps may have the same questions about wheels that will work with the bronze accents.) Is that ok to do here, or can I only do that in the wheel & tire thread?

Thanks in advance,
-Rob

EDITED: New Comments begin past this point, Now with lots of pics!

I still hope this is ok to post here, but since a couple of you said to go ahead, I'm going to to give it a shot.

*ALSO, fair warning, this is a little long, to give a little context for what I'm looking for & why. But it's not too bad, so feel free to keep going if you're interested. Or bored.

Ok, so a little context: Nearly every vehicle I've ever owned was black, as it's long been my favorite color. (Yes I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently 😕 ) However, I was admittedly a little bummed when I first saw the configurator pics of the Black painted 392 like the one that I ordered, as it's color scheme comes across a little more "black & gold" (circa 1980's) to me than I expected. I even joked to my wife that it looks about "one screaming chicken" away from Smokey & The Bandit's Trans Am. 😄 (Just google "smokey and the bandit pics" if you're too young to get that reference.)

First world problems, for sure, but I even started contemplating removing or replacing the Rubicon hood stickers that have the bronze borders, and swapping out the tow hooks and any other exterior items that have the bronze 392 theme, so as to accommodate a wider variety of wheel colors, but that seems a little extreme, at least for now.

Anyway, I had already previously Photoshopped (POORLY) my two favorite bronze wheels to a regular Rubicon's configurator pics with the red accents, while I was killing time waiting, so I went ahead and did the same to the new 392 config pics when they came out.

Fortunately (at least for me, I guess) I actually like the black body, bronze accent color combo a LOT better with these aftermarket wheels on, when compared to the stockers. Which was surprising to me that just some different wheels would impact my opinion that much. But, regardless, I am still new to modding Jeeps, even with something as simple as changing wheels and tires, and I am hoping to get your opinions on both the appearance, and the practicality of these.

*Important note: I am just going with 35's for now, and although I may someday go bigger, it likely wouldn't be at least until mine's out of warranty, so not any time soon.

Having said all that, while looking for that "rare" something with both black & bronze colors, these two are the styles I found that I liked the best.

These are both 18x9 Fuel wheels, and I don't believe either of these two styles are beadlock-capable, but I am not much into super-slow-speed rock crawling, so I'm not sure I'll need those if I don't intend on dropping the tire pressure crazy low when I'm off-roading.

Is that an accurate assessment?

(I also am not sure yet what offset I will want/need, nor if these are even available in whatever offset I decide to go with, so any suggestions there would be welcome as well. Along those lines, I prefer a wider stance that may even stick out a bit, as long they won't rub the fenders under full-articulation.)

Anyway, in case anyone is still reading, here ya go. The first several pics are of my current favorite, the Fuel Vapor, and the last several pics are of my second favorite, the Fuel Beast. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Unless of course you're a troll, in which case you can keep your thoughts to yourself. ;)

The first three Pics are Stock Photos of the Fuel Vapor from Xtreme Terrain:

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) ExtremeTerrain - Fuel Vapor

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) ExtremeTerrain - Google Chrome 3_2_2021 5_46_57 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) Stock photo Vapor

*And these are my hilariously amateur attempts at photoshops with the Vapors:

(and before anyone says it, don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job.)

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 2 Side Shot Top On Fav Wheels Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 4 Side Shot Doors On Top Off Fav Wheels Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 6 Half Doors Top Off Fav Wheels Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) Side Shot Full Naked Fav Wheels Wallpaper attempt 2

Now, Here are Three Stock Photos of the Fuel Beasts from Xtreme Terrain:

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) ExtremeTerrain - Fuel Beast

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) ExtremeTerrain - Google Chrome 3_2_2021 5_48_59 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) Stock photo Beast

*And finally, here's the last of my photoshop attempts, with the Fuel Beasts:
Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 1 Side Shot Top On Fav Wheels 2 Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 3 Side Shot Doors On Top Off Fav Wheels 2 Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 5 Half Doors Top Off Fav Wheels 2 Wallpaper

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) Side Shot Full Naked Fav Wheels 2 Wallpaper

Clearly I've had way too much time to fill while waiting.....

But, that's all I've got. If anyone actually made it this far into my thread, let me what your thoughts are.

Thanks as always for any help,
-Rob
Sponsored

Last edited:

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
So, although I've been a member since 2017, I haven't really been active on the forum until recently. And I wanted to show a couple pics of the wheels I'm considering for my upcoming 392, with it's unique bronze accent's, to get your opinions, (especially since you other 392 peeps may have the same questions about wheels that will work with the bronze accents.) Is that ok to do here, or can I only do that in the wheel & tire thread?

Thanks in advance,
-Rob
Permission granted. Fire at will.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Lets :movember:. I bet a few of us are going to end up with some of the same options gold/bronze rims are limited especially if your going with beadlocks. I think the Dirty life DT-1 look the best so far in the color accent. Black Rhino make a few as well and they look to be lighter. Method also has a decent looking pair. Lets see what you've got.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
I’m looking at the Black Rhino Barstows and plan to put 37” ridge grapplers on. Im not a huge fan of tires sticking out so hoping the -18 offset and 4.56 backspacing isn’t too far out from the fenders. An inch or 2 out from the fenders would be ideal.

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, my original post is now updated, with the pics. I hope it's ok to post this here, please let me know if it's not!

-Rob

Last edited:

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Both of those look really good, that's the beauty in these rigs we all get to make them just how we want it. Awesome choices! You going to be taking request on photoshopps?

OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Both of those look really good, that's the beauty in these rigs we all get to make them just how we want it. Awesome choices! You going to be taking request on photoshopps?
I don't know about requests, I'd be embarrassed to admit how long I spent making these! 😄

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob97RR

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like the Vapor, and great photoshop skills.
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, but these are actually the first time that I successfully made some that didn't look like they were made by a kindergartner!

Plus, these were relatively straightforward since I basically took the wheels and tires from photos of a black JLU and put them into the configurator pics of an also-black JLUR. And yet they still took me forever! 😄

The Vapors look a little more "modern" to me, and the Beasts look a little more old-school, with a more basic six spoke design, but I liked that both had black accents, verses being solid bronze.

KrawlSpace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 3L eco Rubi
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, but these are actually the first time that I successfully made some that didn't look like they were made by a kindergartner!

Plus, these were relatively straightforward since I basically took the wheels and tires from photos of a black JLU and put them into the configurator pics of an also-black JLUR. And yet they still took me forever! 😄

The Vapors look a little more "modern" to me, and the Beasts look a little more old-school, with a more basic six spoke design, but I liked that both had black accents, verses being solid bronze.
Rob,
I am not a computer expert so I couldn't tell that you had done any photoshop-ing. Don't even know how to photoshop so I'll stick with my day job.

Anyway, not that it is worth anything as we all know about opinions, but if I were doing it, I'd choose the Beasts because of their simplicity. They also seem to stand out more. For me, the Vapors look too busy and not enough of the bronze.

Enjoy your 392! I'll have to wait a bit to get one.

Sponsored

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara

Thanks in advance,
-Rob

EDITED: New Comments begin past this point, Now with lots of pics!

I still hope this is ok to post here, but since a couple of you said to go ahead, I'm going to to give it a shot.

*ALSO, fair warning, this is a little long, to give a little context for what I'm looking for & why. But it's not too bad, so feel free to keep going if you're interested. Or bored.

Ok, so a little context: Nearly every vehicle I've ever owned was black, as it's long been my favorite color. (Yes I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently 😕 ) However, I was admittedly a little bummed when I first saw the configurator pics of the Black painted 392 like the one that I ordered, as it's color scheme comes across a little more "black & gold" (circa 1980's) to me than I expected. I even joked to my wife that it looks about "one screaming chicken" away from Smokey & The Bandit's Trans Am. 😄 (Just google "smokey and the bandit pics" if you're too young to get that reference.)

First world problems, for sure, but I even started contemplating removing or replacing the Rubicon hood stickers that have the bronze borders, and swapping out the tow hooks and any other exterior items that have the bronze 392 theme, so as to accommodate a wider variety of wheel colors, but that seems a little extreme, at least for now.

Anyway, I had already previously Photoshopped (POORLY) my two favorite bronze wheels to a regular Rubicon's configurator pics with the red accents, while I was killing time waiting, so I went ahead and did the same to the new 392 config pics when they came out.

Fortunately (at least for me, I guess) I actually like the black body, bronze accent color combo a LOT better with these aftermarket wheels on, when compared to the stockers. Which was surprising to me that just some different wheels would impact my opinion that much. But, regardless, I am still new to modding Jeeps, even with something as simple as changing wheels and tires, and I am hoping to get your opinions on both the appearance, and the practicality of these.

*Important note: I am just going with 35's for now, and although I may someday go bigger, it likely wouldn't be at least until mine's out of warranty, so not any time soon.

Having said all that, while looking for that "rare" something with both black & bronze colors, these two are the styles I found that I liked the best.

These are both 18x9 Fuel wheels, and I don't believe either of these two styles are beadlock-capable, but I am not much into super-slow-speed rock crawling, so I'm not sure I'll need those if I don't intend on dropping the tire pressure crazy low when I'm off-roading.

Is that an accurate assessment?

(I also am not sure yet what offset I will want/need, nor if these are even available in whatever offset I decide to go with, so any suggestions there would be welcome as well. Along those lines, I prefer a wider stance that may even stick out a bit, as long they won't rub the fenders under full-articulation.)

Anyway, in case anyone is still reading, here ya go. The first several pics are of my current favorite, the Fuel Vapor, and the last several pics are of my second favorite, the Fuel Beast. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Unless of course you're a troll, in which case you can keep your thoughts to yourself. ;)

The first three Pics are Stock Photos of the Fuel Vapor from Xtreme Terrain:

Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) Side Shot Full Naked Fav Wheels 2 Wallpaper

*And these are my hilariously amateur attempts at photoshops with the Vapors:

(and before anyone says it, don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job.)

Now, Here are Three Stock Photos of the Fuel Beasts from Xtreme Terrain:

*And finally, here's the last of my photoshop attempts, with the Fuel Beasts:

Clearly I've had way too much time to fill while waiting.....

But, that's all I've got. If anyone actually made it this far into my thread, let me what your thoughts are.

Thanks as always for any help,
-Rob

The vapors look sick AF but with the black I'd go with the beasts.

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
I plan to go with fuel diesels on my Sting gray 392. I have the on my RAM Rebel now and are basically same as beast but with more spokes. Here’s a pic on my ram for reference.
Jeep Wrangler JL I have a question about the right place to ask a question.  ((Updated, now with pics)) 7E9FB779-74AC-4A72-B35F-A01FA9E98EBD
Sponsored