• Total voters

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Some paint them, I toplined mine, but what if the factory gave an option in the first place? Do you like the white, crystaline pattern of your hardtop interior?

I got the coverking topliner, and while not perfect, I find it's a lot more pleasing to look at than the original.

20191221_161252.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I like the white. Inside is already black enough. I may even put down red bed liner for the floor one day!
I can appreciate that view. I had a jk before and could tolerate the white more than I can on the jl with that pattern that reminds me of a Styrofoam cooler. To me, it looks cheap, but that's just my opinion. To each their own.

I do like the red floor idea! I have a sting gray jlur and love the red accents.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I might go with something a bit darker (like grey) if I had any say in the matter, but I don’t. At least the white comes clean easily.

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I painted the inside of my hardtop in my JKU black and love it compared to the white. If I ever get a hardtop for the JL Eco Diesel I have on order then I'll plan on painting that also.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
My 1998 or 1999 TJ (don’t remember the year) was a hard top with like an off white underneath. It looked like cheap plastic and I hated it every time I got in the Jeep. I didn’t understand why they made it look so cheap. I now have the premium soft top which is black underneath. I love the black! I saw it and thought, “Finally!”

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
First thing I did to get rid of the too much in my face white when I took delivery of my JKR, was to install a headliner kit. I ordered the same for my JLR to arrive. I've been tinkering with the idea to paint, wrap, or whatever, all of what is not covered by the headliner, but afraid if chips would peel off, then the result would look even cheaper than the plain white. The hardtop inner pattern is indeed fridge-like :facepalm:

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't like the white before ever even sitting in a wrangler for the first time, and figured changing it would've been the first thing I'd do to it. Now that I own and daily drive one, it being the brightest part of the interior doesn't even blip my radar. I replaced the factory freedom panel latches with a set of red anodized billet aluminium ones from Angency 6, and I sometimes think it was a waste because I tend to forget they're there. Just a rare occasion for looking up, I guess.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I'm guessing Jeep knows people would not pa an extra $500 - $800 for a color selection on the interior of their hardtop. Since a lot of feedback for Wrangler improvements/options comes from meeting owners at places like Moab, and not, say, at the beach in SoCal, when they balance all the ideas for new options, price them out and align that with what Jeeps owners say they want...the option of being able to change the color on the inside of a hardtop simply doesn't make the cut.

Cannot imagine a single person at Moab, for example, telling them this would be a higher priority for them v., say, the steel bumper group, or advanced safety features (though I doubt the Moab crowd said they wanted those, either...LOL).

Would it be a nice option - oh heck yes, IMO. Part of my personal reasoning for choosing Firecracker Red for my JLUR was because the dash came in a red color... And that interior color just clashed (to my eye) with other color options I might have otherwise liked to choose (Blue, for example).

Yet again, though, this leaves us facing the fact that the Wrangler is probably the single most customizable platform in automotive history. :rock: Do whatever floats your boat, i say!