Sponsored

I gotta admit

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I love yellow and black together, always have, thus my ordered Hella.

That said, I saw my first Chief Blue Wrangler up close, in person tonite. Ohhhhh, man, that is really nice.

I'm not gonna say I went out of my way and whipped across 2 lanes of traffic into the CVS parking lot to compliment the gal driving it, but I sure did.

Am I right they discontinued it along with or before Hella?

How long was it in production?
Sponsored

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
I love yellow and black together, always have, thus my ordered Hella.

That said, I saw my first Chief Blue Wrangler up close, in person tonite. Ohhhhh, man, that is really nice.

I'm not gonna say I went out of my way and whipped across 2 lanes of traffic into the CVS parking lot to compliment the gal driving it, but I sure did.

Am I right they discontinued it along with or before Hella?

How long was it in production?
For the hell of it, I just played with the builder on jeep.com and chief blue is currently an option

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
You cannot order Hella Yella nor Chief Blue. Both are colors I love. I kept waiting for yellow be be available with the soft top (I have no place to store a hard top so dual tops was off the table) but it was discontinued. Chief blue has been gone for a few months at least.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
For the hell of it, I just played with the builder on jeep.com and chief blue is currently an option
Unfortunately, that is always updated last. Well after it can no longer be ordered. It doesn't make sense to me either, it can only result in customer disappointment.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately, that is always updated last. Well after it can no longer be ordered. It doesn't make sense to me either, it can only result in customer disappointment.
Actually it does make sense. 95% of customers buy off the lot. So build tool includes what might be on lots. That is why it lags what you can order.

otherwise it would disappoint customers who use it to find something at a dealer to buy.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I also love Yellow/Black, Still have a detonator yellow JK but for some reason don't like the Chief blue. I do love the Hydro so that's what I got on my JL. Hydro blue pearl looks better in person than pictures and is available now if you want to check it out.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
but did you get her number, are you going on a Jeeping trip?

I also love the yellow and black combination, unfortunately my wife frickin hates it. So it was a no go for me.

I always loved yellow and black corvettes.

Jeep Wrangler JL I gotta admit 1627554670578

Jeep Wrangler JL I gotta admit 1627554721937

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Actually it does make sense. 95% of customers buy off the lot. So build tool includes what might be on lots. That is why it lags what you can order.

otherwise it would disappoint customers who use it to find something at a dealer to buy.
I guess that does makes some sense, once you build it the first thing the build tool does is search lots for something similar. So it's really just a lot search engine.

But there could be better notice for those who place orders. A warning that X color can't be ordered after so-and-do date would create a sense of urgency for some people and make some orders happen.

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber

I get that, but when I ordered my JLUR in May, the website did not have chief blue as a build option. Didn't have gecko at that time either. Seems strange they'd add it back when you can't order it. Don't get me wrong- I'm not arguing its availability, just seems stupid on the part of Stellantis. But that may be par for the course moving forward

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I guess that does makes some sense, once you build it the first thing the build tool does is search lots for something similar. So it's really just a lot search engine.

But there could be better notice for those who place orders. A warning that X color can't be ordered after so-and-do date would create a sense of urgency for some people and make some orders happen.
FWIW, I've found there is some disconnect between what the builder says dealers have, and what they actually have. I was able to find new Wranglers on Autotrader that the builder said didn't exist.
I still don't understand why they discontinue colors, robots do most of the work. They should give us every option available, MAKE THE PEOPLE HAPPY.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm with you - Chief Blue would be what I'd want if I didn't get a Hellayella already. Or Sarge'n'tan.

I personally like that Jeep cycles through a lot of different colors each year. Way better to have short-lived color runs than deal with the greyscale plus red and dark blue palettes that every other manufacturer seems to offer. Plus, I'm sure it helps sales because buyers may want to jump on the newly-offered colors and helps dealers so they aren't stuck with several years of unpopular colors on their lot.

Overall I think it's good they change it up but I get that it's annoying as a buyer if you're particular about a certain color. I happened to get lucky when I bought my leftover '18.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Very few people order. They just don’t care about making the website accommodate people who factory order.
Sponsored