jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Hey Y’all

I know it’s been a little while, but I wanted to come give an update.

I made it to Washington, 1300 mile trip through San Fran, Crescent City, and Portland. The duct tape on window held up great and no noticeable road noise. Although it’s hard to hear much over roof rack/light-bar wind noise.

The day after I got to WA, I dropped off the Jeep at the local shop. Adjuster came out and everything is finalized, repairs have started. Shop is saying the repairs are all cosmetic and should take less than a few weeks. The hardtop will be the most time consuming thing, shop owner is saying these can take up to 3 weeks to ship.

I got to talk to the shop owner a bit, he’s a fellow Jeeper and had a TJ out back. We talked upgrades and did rig walk arounds.

Really missing my Jeep at this point, but it’s given me time to think about where I want to go next. Looking at getting a stubby bumper and 35s ready as homecoming gift.

Thankfully my buddies letting me use his OBS GMT400 Silverado with 350 small block. Things been a pleasure to drive, 4 inch lift and 37s.

I’m hoping my accident will end up helping others in the future. Considering these JL’s are still new and we’re learning, it’s good to compile all this information for future reference.

Attached is the full list of repairs, I hope it helps others get ideas of what to expect with prices for trail damage, etc. This thread has been a pleasure and I’ll make sure to take photos when I pickup.

The few pages I didn’t include contain insurance policy, claim number, and vehicle information.

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 093169BD-B192-44A5-91F4-3BF1240F03A3
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 86DEFC73-D7D2-4A4C-AAB0-11D7B7B22F9F
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 8D7201C4-FE9F-4CEF-A120-153EAD22A6A5
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 5B39541E-C58F-4E87-9C2D-2B4CD1A0C276
Sponsored

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Hey ya’ll,

Been a while. First update, Jeep repair will be finished July 15th. Lots of issues with getting the fenders and hardtop. Supply shortages. I suggest don’t wreck your Jeep during this time.

On a good note, just got my badge of honor today. This signifies my ability to take risks. 😂
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 6B84567A-2F0A-4F46-BDAD-F463716768ED

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Y’all

I know it’s been a little while, but I wanted to come give an update.

I made it to Washington, 1300 mile trip through San Fran, Crescent City, and Portland. The duct tape on window held up great and no noticeable road noise. Although it’s hard to hear much over roof rack/light-bar wind noise.

The day after I got to WA, I dropped off the Jeep at the local shop. Adjuster came out and everything is finalized, repairs have started. Shop is saying the repairs are all cosmetic and should take less than a few weeks. The hardtop will be the most time consuming thing, shop owner is saying these can take up to 3 weeks to ship.

I got to talk to the shop owner a bit, he’s a fellow Jeeper and had a TJ out back. We talked upgrades and did rig walk arounds.

Really missing my Jeep at this point, but it’s given me time to think about where I want to go next. Looking at getting a stubby bumper and 35s ready as homecoming gift.

Thankfully my buddies letting me use his OBS GMT400 Silverado with 350 small block. Things been a pleasure to drive, 4 inch lift and 37s.

I’m hoping my accident will end up helping others in the future. Considering these JL’s are still new and we’re learning, it’s good to compile all this information for future reference.

Attached is the full list of repairs, I hope it helps others get ideas of what to expect with prices for trail damage, etc. This thread has been a pleasure and I’ll make sure to take photos when I pickup.

The few pages I didn’t include contain insurance policy, claim number, and vehicle information.

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 6B84567A-2F0A-4F46-BDAD-F463716768ED
I just saw this…………. I’m in shock! It looked like a lot of just cosmetic damage, but jeez, $10000? Well that’s why we have insurance.
sorry about your Jeep, but looks like you will have a nice spiffed up ride once again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I just saw this…………. I’m in shock! It looked like a lot of just cosmetic damage, but jeez, $10000? Well that’s why we have insurance.
sorry about your Jeep, but looks like you will have a nice spiffed up ride once again!
I learned my lesson and got a trail badge to always remember. 😂

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the updates through it all. Glad it’s all working out and you’re ok. I guarantee you and your buddies will tell the story about “that one trail” many times over. Lastly, thank you for your service, I grew up out in Washington near Fort Lewis / McChord AFB. Wonder if you can still explore some of those tank trails… ;)

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Thanks for the updates through it all. Glad it’s all working out and you’re ok. I guarantee you and your buddies will tell the story about “that one trail” many times over. Lastly, thank you for your service, I grew up out in Washington near Fort Lewis / McChord AFB. Wonder if you can still explore some of those tank trails… ;)
Thank you and it’s my pleasure to serve. I moved out here a month ago and I’m stationed on NAS Whidbey Island. Unfortunately I dropped the Jeep off at the shop the week I arrived, so it’s been a month of no exploration. I’m excited to get it back and try some of the local trails including Mt. Baker and Cascade mountains.

if you have recommendations I will make a list of things to check out!

I have a new GoPro and a YouTube channel that’s ready for my Jeep to come back.

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I browsed through this a while back, glad to hear it’s getting repaired! I can’t remember if you mentioned, but did you say who your insurance company was, and how they have treated this for you?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Thank you and it’s my pleasure to serve. I moved out here a month ago and I’m stationed on NAS Whidbey Island. Unfortunately I dropped the Jeep off at the shop the week I arrived, so it’s been a month of no exploration. I’m excited to get it back and try some of the local trails including Mt. Baker and Cascade mountains.

Try the Washington Back Country Discovery Route if you have time. Pretty tame for the most part, but beautiful scenery.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Given that the shop is/was waiting for parts, you should be wheeling the S$#% out of the Jeep *prior* to repairs. Just saying.

Good luck, and hope the repairs look great.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I learned my lesson and got a trail badge to always remember. 😂
When my bud did this earning a trail badge,

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1624360522082

He put the trail badge on upside down. as that is how his Jeep was on the badge trail. Insurance covered all the repairs.

Maybe you will find a creative way to mount your badge as a conversation starter. It is a great story after all. Some of the best stories have adversity that all ends well.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

The cascades have plenty of small towns. When my sister was out there we visited Omak, and another Swiss town that I don't recall the name, very nice places. The Cascades are unbelievable. We went in august and were walking on a glacier in shorts. Very unique place. On the Pacific side of the cascades it is lush green, once you go over the mountain on the other side, there is nothing but dessert. Looks like the OLD WEST. Very cool. That's where Omak is. You have to go the Omak Stampede. Also on the roadsides in August huge blackberries are plentiful for the taking.
Great place, I'm jealous.

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I browsed through this a while back, glad to hear it’s getting repaired! I can’t remember if you mentioned, but did you say who your insurance company was, and how they have treated this for you?
Insurance is Progressive and overall a great experience.

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Try the Washington Back Country Discovery Route if you have time. Pretty tame for the most part, but beautiful scenery.
I will be checking this one out for sure. Since moving up here I’ve been going out every weekend and finding new spots.
Sponsored