Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
This is just factually incorrect - the type of vehicle does not dictate coverage. I'd also take look at all of the posts out here about people being denied warranty claims because the dealer determine they were offroading based on small scrapes on their skid plates.

First of all this is not a warranty claim. The Jeep is trail rated and will be covered. Maybe it is different in your state. But in Michigan at least. When this happened.

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279603061

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279643974

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279661141

including the medical bills that went along with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279732104

and when this happened in West Virgina on a wheeling trip, the insurance also paid to fix this.

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279806490

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279847511

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 1621279868633

Maybe my facts are just different facts than your facts. My insurance rep specifically said, as long as I am not entered into a timed competition. He said, the Jeep is trail rated and designed and built to be use off road. The manufacturer of said Jeep advertise Jeeps as an off road vehicle and because of that, II am covered, just like my two wheeling buds in the pictures above. The Gladiator was just over $9,000 to fix and the JK was just over $7000 to fix.

Just so you know, SxS and ATVs and Motorcycles that are advertised as an off road vehicle can get insurance and will be covered off road.

Now if you buy a vehicle that is not manufactured for off road use, you may not be covered. Do not take your C8 corvette off road and expect it to be covered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
First of all this is not a warranty claim. The Jeep is trail rated and will be covered. Maybe it is different in your state. But in Michigan at least. When this happened.

and when this happened in West Virgina on a wheeling trip, the insurance also paid to fix this.

Maybe my facts are just different facts than your facts. My insurance rep specifically said, as long as I am not entered into a timed competition. He said, the Jeep is trail rated and designed and built to be use off road. The manufacturer of said Jeep advertise Jeeps as an off road vehicle and because of that, II am covered, just like my two wheeling buds in the pictures above. The Gladiator was just over $9,000 to fix and the JK was just over $7000 to fix.

Just so you know, SxS and ATVs and Motorcycles that are advertised as an off road vehicle can get insurance and will be covered off road.

Now if you buy a vehicle that is not manufactured for off road use, you may not be covered. Do not take your C8 corvette off road and expect it to be covered.
That injury is the worst part. Happy everyone survived.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

How did his arm get hurt like that?. Always good to have a good spotter on challenging stuff, know your limits and your vehicle limits. And if you push it, be ready for the possible consequences. But I get it, shit happens anyway.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
How did his arm get hurt like that?. Always good to have a good spotter on challenging stuff, know your limits and your vehicle limits. And if you push it, be ready for the possible consequences. But I get it, shit happens anyway.
Freezing rain came in before he could get off the trail. The Gladiator was laying on its side, he remover the freedom top to crawl out. His window was open and he went to push himself out through the top and the Jeep slid trapping his arm under the roll bar.

Last edited:

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!

You're lucky. In Massachusetts, any off road use is not covered.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
His window was open and he went to push himself out through the top and the Jeep slid trapping his arm under the roll bar.
oh my god, thats freakin terrifying.

Last edited:

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
I have State Farm Insurance and specifically asked my agent if I was covered off road. The answer was yes, as long as you weren’t doing it as any type of competition.

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
Thanks for this. I like hearing from fellow adventurers. It comes with the territory. That advice you mentioned about doing a liner cover is totally something i was researching, i was looking at vinyl as well. I like the idea of getting it covered because i know its only a matter of time until another boulder threatens me in the trail and i dont want to drive around always paranoid ill do more damage and then the repair money was waisted. Im like you, ive looked into the rocker body protection from poison spider, But i cant justify spending 1000s on some metal. Some painters tape, liner, and a roller might do the trick. The doors are the least of my worries, theyll be half doors at some point anyway.
deff check out monstaliner masters facebook group, they are very helpfull and the owner personally answers questions. its not a bedliner in a sense that it has friction material added to it, its just an epoxy, most ppl put some reducer in it to get a smoother finish and wont reroll mid setup, instructions point to reroll the coating after it setup some and gets tacky the reroll will lift and add some texture. they have a ton of colors and ships out color swatches. the dry reroll is good for pickup beds or interior where you want traction, exterior id reduce it some and roll it nicely. if yours is billet silver ill send a pic of colors i have from my chip collection, and also krylon has a hammered silver that looks very much like billet, but i would call that an experiment, i know montsa is uv stable and a serious coating the krylon color is nice but not sure how it will hold up

Last edited:

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 34CE2088-2FEF-4F0B-A138-FBA50C0BCCD0

Medium quarts grey all the way on the left, closest color, there’s lighter and darker grays but look white, the middle bottom is doomsday and right is get hammered,

Sponsored

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
I’m considering rolling only the top of the hardtop to cut down on heat; leave the gutters/ windows the corners black and the rest medium quarts grey. But probably won’t be for a while. Bigger fish to fry...

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Freezing rain came in before he could get off the trail. The Gladiator was laying on its side, he remover the freedom top to crawl out. His window was open and he went to push himself out through the top and the Jeep slid trapping his arm under the roll bar.
Good or bad, Ted has got some of the best stories and pictures! And his wife drives an XJ too. So Ted, does she happen to have a sister in her early 50's? :LOL:

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
This is a piece of cardboard sprayed with krylon hammered silver eerily similar sparkle and hue. But something about coming close and not matching plus I’m unfamiliar with it long term I’d be hesitant to spray panels, bumpers or accessories heck yea but something about body panels I’d prefer to have a purpose looking semi contrasting liner vs the spray paint. I know years from now the monsta liner will look great...
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 2EE59A4F-BA98-4DAD-8F1F-7320BCC15447
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds EF69CB52-86BE-4F49-90DA-F785FE797951