I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds

Chaosmtb

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ 00 XJ 19 jlur
i think the trick is to pull the tape when its still wet, haha deff make sure to find out with the monstaliner! i think its the same if it dries w the tape on it the tape will be like concrete and not come off easy

Sponsored

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Please be careful on internet forums getting insurance advice regarding what is or isn’t covered and why. Simply get a copy of your policy and read it. I don’t say this to say anyone is right or wrong, but most people really don’t know and each scenario is different. The simple truth is some policies cover this and others don’t. It likely has nothing to do with the type of personal passenger auto, a trail rated badge, if you were camping nearby, or the state your in. However, it has everything to do with what your policy says. Some of what has been stated in this thread is accurate, some is partially accurate, and some is flat out wrong but sounds good. If you need a copy of your policy jacket PM me, I can help you obtain it and point you exactly where to look in it.
Also, sorry about the damage, but props for taking that trail on!

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
A few of you seemed to like it, so i went ahead and did the driver side as well.

I used purell on a paper towel to get any over spray that dried, came right off

@Chaosmtb was totally right! Took the tape off while it was still wet and got way cleaner lines on the driver side. Thanks for that heads up!!

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds C85ADCA5-9D40-4951-AEB0-4C2A900CF76E
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds C649A0D2-30FB-4110-B479-AF8A31CC300B

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
A few of you seemed to like it, so i went ahead and did the driver side as well.

@Chaosmtb was totally right! Took the tape off while it was still wet and got way cleaner lines on the driver side. Thanks for that heads up!!

Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds C649A0D2-30FB-4110-B479-AF8A31CC300B
That looks nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
fill roller prime. and use monstaliner. its a roll on epoxy coating that can handle serious events without scratching. when my billet silver jeep gets to many pinstripes ill probably hit the doors below the handles to the rocker keep as much factory paint as possible
This comment is really what got me thinking. The plastidip is a trial run just to see how it looks and live with it for a while. Im intersted in the liner because it will provide much more protection from rocks and debri.

Last edited:

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
This comment is really what got me thinking. The plastidip is a trial run just to see how it looks and live with it for a while. Im intersted in the liner because it will provide much more protection from rocks and debri.
I'm curious how you applied it that evenly. It came out better the second time, but the first time wasn't horrible.

I'm really curious how it's going to hold up on the trail. I like the idea of a peel-off coating. Bedliner would stand up to a lot more abuse, but I have never been able to bring myself to get a bed lined, because the first step is to brutally scuff up the paint.

I'm not sure if I would do this to my Jeep or not, but I don't hate the idea. It's pretty interesting. You get points for style anyway.

OP
OP
jonahgetz

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
I'm curious how you applied it that evenly. It came out better the second time, but the first time wasn't horrible.

I'm really curious how it's going to hold up on the trail. I like the idea of a peel-off coating. Bedliner would stand up to a lot more abuse, but I have never been able to bring myself to get a bed lined, because the first step is to brutally scuff up the paint.

I'm not sure if I would do this to my Jeep or not, but I don't hate the idea. It's pretty interesting. You get points for style anyway.
ill keep you posted on how it holds up. It took 2 cans, with a bit extra to spare for touchup when i see it in the sunlight tomorrow. Im hitting up 2 badge of honors in oregon after i go through the Redwood forest. im military and being stationed up Washington for now.

after those badge of honors ill be at 3 total, just need to order them.

i appreciate your honest opinion. I am also really interested in the bed-liner, seems like it would do wonders on a trail.

now im thinking about doing these for the window so i dont have to deal with glass 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 29EE3684-F0C6-451A-8C76-406537AEC52F

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250

C85ADCA5-9D40-4951-AEB0-4C2A900CF76E.jpeg
C649A0D2-30FB-4110-B479-AF8A31CC300B.jpeg
here you go.....took the liberty to spruce it up a bit for you.......
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 73635DF9-AD0E-4671-85C1-CA7B5002BCE9_1_201_a
Jeep Wrangler JL I Got Some Bad Trail Wounds 752C5D38-5B4A-41B6-B5D8-A4165E96E4FD_1_201_a
Sponsored