Sponsored

I got my new Jeep Rubicon 2022 with XR !

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
If you order it, you are price protected via buyers order. I think you need to have a conversation with dealership to getting something in return for added charges. Since it is a new vehicle you can unwind the deal unless there is a “no cooling off clause” in sales contract.
Sponsored

oldman

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited JL SS, ordered 2022 Rubicon XR
If you order it, you are price protected via buyers order. I think you need to have a conversation with dealership to getting something in return for added charges. Since it is a new vehicle you can unwind the deal unless there is a “no cooling off clause” in sales contract.
Search this forum for the "price protection notice sent by JEEP to all dealerships who took 2022 customer orders prior to the January 17, 2022 price increase". I ordered my 22 Rubicon XR on
Dec 27, 2021, delivered on July 23, 2022 with a price increase MSRP of $2500, but dealership accepted the original MSRP and the discounted $3000 for placing the order. IT's your money, fight for a refund!!

20220204_145236.jpg

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Search this forum for the "price protection notice sent by JEEP to all dealerships who took 2022 customer orders prior to the January 17, 2022 price increase". I ordered my 22 Rubicon XR on
Dec 27, 2021, delivered on July 23, 2022 with a price increase MSRP of $2500, but dealership accepted the original MSRP and the discounted $3000 for placing the order. IT's your money, fight for a refund!!

Jeep Wrangler JL I got my new Jeep Rubicon 2022 with XR ! 20220204_145236
Oldman, you bring up a good point. If the OP has his VON build sheet, 4EA should be on there (usually it's at the bottom of the laundry list of options). That 4EA is his price protection proof. Show it to the dealer as well as your pic above and he has valid proof to get some money back.

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Stick you posted shows Doors off mirrors, but photo looks like mirrors are on the doors. Did the forget that option?

OP
OP
MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022
It is my understanding if the dealership put the order in before the price increase, they locked in their price with FCA, so your price could have been locked in as well. The price increase was for 2022 ordered after the FCA price increase, and was honored on any ordered prior to that date.

Nice Jeep, but I think the dealership pocketed that $2,500.
Thank you all for your replies. Yeah... I think the dealer was not honest, but I think it's too late to try get something back.... I think all I can do at this time is to make bad reviewes of them (Arrigo Sawgrass in South Miami)... Other than that, I will put it behind and enjoy my iron horse !

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022

Jeep Wrangler JL I got my new Jeep Rubicon 2022 with XR ! 20220204_145236
Wow ! That's a great point ! The document you posted does give me anmunition to go fight with the dealer. Thank you very much ! Do you know where I can find the entire document?

OP
OP
MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022
Stick you posted shows Doors off mirrors, but photo looks like mirrors are on the doors. Did the forget that option?
I did not know, but the off-mirros don't come attached to the Jeep. They come in a box, so you can attach them when you take the doors off. I was suprised when I saw them... I thought they would be already part of the Jeep and I would be able to move them from inside wit hthe little bottoms.... But no....

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
Thanks for the update. I thought they were permanent and replaced the mirrors in the door. Good to know. I guess one needs to install and uninstall depending on door usage.

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
Thank you all for your replies. Yeah... I think the dealer was not honest, but I think it's too late to try get something back.... I think all I can do at this time is to make bad reviewes of them (Arrigo Sawgrass in South Miami)... Other than that, I will put it behind and enjoy my iron horse !
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!…

I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Credit - Delta House

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Josue, if you can't get the $2500 back at least make them give you those new sweet Florida plates with the Jeep on it...
looks great and Congrats!

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
The dealer ripped you (and who knows whoever else) off with that one. This form of dealer-snakery when the pricing updates is well known at this point, and just shouldn’t happen. They owe you, dude.

Give them a chance to do the right thing and refund/compensate you, and if they don’t, go to war. $2500 is no joke. Good luck!

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
To some folks, $2,500 isn't worth the phone call, ammirite?

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Ordered my '22 JLUR XR on 12/14/21 with a $500 deposit. MSRP on my build at that time was $65,540. When built (3/16/22 delivery), the MSRP/sticker had gone up to $68,340. Asked my dealer then to make sure we were still on at the original price, and as others pointed out, they noted the price protection in place with my order date prior to 1/17/22. My dealer did right by me!

In any event- you're gonna love it! Sorry it took you so long to get it!