I got a lemon JL?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
UPDATE: got a phone call from dealership saying the generator needs to be replaced
Great that the dealer diagnosed the problem. Hopefully the parts are available and you get back on the road soon!
Advertisement

OP
OP

jjjstc

First Name
JJJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
UPDATE: dealer replaced the generator. However, they still could not figure out the power steering issue.

NelsonB

First Name
Nelson
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I have a 2018 JLU that had somewhat similar problems (electrical). The instrument cluster would start going nuts - throwing dozens of codes. I first had it in to my Jeep dealer 3 times. Once they thought they had found the issue - a crushed electrical connector in the transmission. Then it happened again; this time (while driving on a secondary highway) the power steering went out and the transmission shifted to 1st gear and wouldn't upshift (cluster going beserk/warnings, etc.). I pulled off the highway, shut the motor off; waited a few minutes and started it...all was again ok. I got it home and immediately called the dealer. This 4th time they kept it for 8 days and found a bad connection under the instrument cluster. They fixed that and it's been about 6 months without any more issues. I think they fixed it this time, but I wonder and still feel a little uneasy as the power steering and transmission issues could have been really bad. In defense of the mechanics, these electrical issues are almost impossible to replicate in the shop. Good luck with yours!

Robull

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
I traded in my 2014 JK and bought a new 2019 JL Sahara in December 2019. Only 3 weeks after the purchase, I saw a lot of issues with this brand new JL:
1. check engine light came on, with code U0074
2. battery warning light came on, showing low voltage
3. auto start/stop warning light came on, the vehicle could not start after it was auto off
4. most dangerous problem: the steering wheel lost power when I was exiting the highway. I had to turn the wheel very hard to exit the highway, and suddenly the steering power was back and I nearly had an accident. This steering problem happened nearly every one minute 2 days later on my way to the dealership for diagnostic.

And one thing I am not sure if it is normal or an issue: the ETC light came on after I started the vehicle, but it disappeared very quickly.

The vehicle is now in dealership for diagnostic. I filed a claim in Chrysler's customer service website, and they contacted me saying they are reviewing my case. I will update the post when I get response from dealership or Chrysler.
trollllll

shoregrrrl

First Name
Wendy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
My 2018 Sahara JL had the same bizarre set of crazy electronic mishaps all at once in the middle of the last intersection before I reached the dealer. I was taking it in cuz the check engine light had been on for six weeks and they (dealer) kept telling me it would go off. Well, it didn’t and then I could have killed someone when everything electronic went bonkers simultaneously in that intersection. Dealer towed it into bay and the computer codes that spewed out were five pages long single-spaced. They gave me a loaner, I left my new Jeep there for almost two weeks, they tightened stuff, they replaced the battery, they did all sorts of things and I’m happy to report that since then all of the nightmares were abated - except for the PIA wandering steering issue, which was not any better after the many attempted fixes, including the latest V41. So hang in there - it gets better it just doesn’t get perfect.
upload_2020-1-13_18-8-18.jpeg

OP
OP

jjjstc

First Name
JJJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
UPDATE: got my JL back from dealership yesterday. They found the loose connection of the ground strap of the 48V battery. They tightened it, and so far so good.

Advertisement

JKS Manufacturing

Advertisement