I give you Sting-Gray!

Jetg

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 911 convertible, 18' Macan PP
I heard she’s great. But I have a trade and that seems to complicate things. My last out of state deal didn’t involve a trade so the thought of going out of state seems more complicated now.
Maybe sell it local and rent a car while waiting ? I don’t have a trade in so no taxes savings. Even if I did it would make up the difference in deal with Kim. I believe it is a 1800-2k deficit between local dealers and Kim. I can fly at 200 and get the total trip under 400. Worth it for me I can pay more but I will get them to install a lift and winch etc at such a low cost is only makes sense. It will then be covered by Jeep.
Sponsored

johnnyp26

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubi Hard Rock
8AD98C08-8622-4A73-9A55-207F70D6D5C1.png
Mopar IG confirms Sting Gray.
Wow, while I'm glad we know that is way darker than I was hoping for and appears to be significantly darker than Destroyer Gray which stinks. It basically looks like a flat version of Granite to me.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
30889470-442F-47CD-BA10-388EB2E9241A.jpeg
E36D5394-7CB3-4021-B2DB-AD690B86429B.jpeg
These are from mopar official IG
Just like Punk'N; this still could not be the actual shade of Gray. These are catalog pictures; not very accurate. My dealer has said it's the same as Destroyer Gray and many others have said the same. Get me a picture of a JL sitting out in broad daylight taken with a non-cell phone camera as was done with Punk'N; that is Sting Gray.

Also can everybody please stop guessing until what I said above actually happens. Thanks.

Last edited:

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Can anyone confirm if the sting gray is available for order?

Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won’t be available to order until mid/late-March
Interesting. My dealer ordered a Punk'N Rubicon last week, but it still shows "late availability" on Jeep's website identical to the sting gray.

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport S 2-door
Interesting. My dealer ordered a Punk'N Rubicon last week, but it still shows "late availability" on Jeep's website identical to the sting gray.
Website isn’t fully up to date and is missing options and info. People have posted correspondence from FCA/Jeep that have stated Sting-Ray won’t hit the ordering system until March. It’s dumb that Jeep does this but oh well :headbang:

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Just Depends on what’s available in the newest dealer ordering guide.... which is updated frequently.

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I believe the "late availability" was referring to the initial launch where only certain colors were available. They have been slowly adding more colors with sting-gray and mojito still waiting to be released (I believe).

Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just Depends on what’s available in the newest dealer ordering guide.... which is updated frequently.
I will have my dealer check tomorrow to see if the sting gray is indeed available. Will update once notified. Thanks for the heads up.

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
I will have my dealer check tomorrow to see if the sting gray is indeed available. Will update once notified. Thanks for the heads up.
It’s not in there.... not till the end of the month or mid-March. Jay will update the forum as soon as it is added. If anything about this forum... Jay is on top of the FCA updates like a hawk.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m thrilled with destroyer gray or a darker shade of it, so happy either way. I’m asking my dealer frequently as well and will post if I hear anything.
Hello neighbor, I see you're in Albany. I am in Malta.
Sponsored