Sponsored

I get constant Warranty emails

• Thread starter Deleted member 59498
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 59498

Is there any reviews on the constant zero interest extended warranties? I get them everyday like 86000 miles just give us a call. Anyone bought any of those? I mean I am a low mileage person but years may be good. Anyone bought one? Any comments on it?
Sponsored

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I bought the Mopar extended warranty for my last Jeep, a '14 Altitude JKU, and 3 days before it expired, (40k miles) the two front axle seals started leaking. We were traveling with the RV and were out in Idaho, so a long way from home (Florida) and no way to deal with it myself. Dealership wanted 750.00 for the job. I mentioned the warranty, and it ended up costing me 100.00. When I purchased my 20 JKUD (also in Idaho) I added the Mopar warranty again because of the diesel and associated expensive parts. That said, I wouldn't buy one from someone who contacts you out of the blue. Do a little shopping and check prices and reviews.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59498

Thanks I might give them a call. They are Mopar or claim to be.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I bought the Mopar extended warranty for my last Jeep, a '14 Altitude JKU, and 3 days before it expired, (40k miles) the two front axle seals started leaking. We were traveling with the RV and were out in Idaho, so a long way from home (Florida) and no way to deal with it myself. Dealership wanted 750.00 for the job. I mentioned the warranty, and it ended up costing me 100.00. When I purchased my 20 JKUD (also in Idaho) I added the Mopar warranty again because of the diesel and associated expensive parts. That said, I wouldn't buy one from someone who contacts you out of the blue. Do a little shopping and check prices and reviews.
Were you past the powertrain warranty when that happened? That should have covered it at zero cost to you.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Were you past the powertrain warranty when that happened? That should have covered it at zero cost to you.
I dint think the axle seals are in the powertrain warranty, but under the bumper to bumper 3/36 warranty. At least that's what they said (wear item). I was well past that in time and mileage. If it should have been covered, I got screwed as usual.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I dint think the axle seals are in the powertrain warranty, but under the bumper to bumper 3/36 warranty. At least that's what they said (wear item). I was well past that in time and mileage. If it should have been covered, I got screwed as usual.
I could be wrong, but typically any lubricated drivetrain component is covered under a powertrain warranty. Of course, this is FCA we're talking about. And yeah, axle seals are a wear item, but they shouldn't be toast at 40k miles.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I could be wrong, but typically any lubricated drivetrain component is covered under a powertrain warranty. Of course, this is FCA we're talking about. And yeah, axle seals are a wear item, but they shouldn't be toast at 40k miles.
I think the issue with my old Jeep was the fact that it was towed behind a motorhome for an additional 30k. Still rotating tires, but not showing up on the ODO. Actually, the repair started my interest in looking for a new Jeep. Found the 20 Rubi diesel at another dealer about 40 miles away while camping in Idaho.
Sponsored