Sponsored

I find the lack of door options surprising.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
For a vehicle that is known for mods and doors coming off all I see are tube doors and the half doors by Mopar.
You would think there would be a side market for the half doors or other types.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
For a vehicle that is known for mods and doors coming off all I see are tube doors and the half doors by Mopar.
Soft doors - Bestop
Half doors - JCR makes an aftermarket set, A couple of tube options have metal panel covers available, like Bestop's.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
There like 20 different tube door manufacturers out there right now. From cheap $300 ones to expensive $1500 ones. Use a google search. You can even search them on Amazon.

Sponsored

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
There like 20 different tube door manufacturers out there right now. From cheap $300 ones to expensive $1500 ones. Use a google search. You can even search them on Amazon.
Yeah, he mentioned there are tube doors, but it seems pretty clear the point is that there is not much else... and there isn't. For instance, it is odd that Bestop still does not have their CORE doors for the JL still. Would not surprise me if Jeep isn't letting Bestop release other options, since they can tell them what to do if they want to keep selling soft tops to Jeep.

Not that I care all that much on this subject, and the lack of market interest for things other than tube doors is likely why there are not many options.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I don't imagine there is much of a market for other styles. I'm not even sure why people buy tube doors. They seem silly to me, and a "core" door isn't much different than a tube door. Might be akin to buying a stereo with a volume knob that has eighth stops. Wanna listen to the volume at 8 or 9...naw, how about 8.375.

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I find tube doors ugly and cheap looking.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I do too, but how are they different, functionally, than say "core" doors. Not enough difference to have a different, or large enough, market for both.

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah all the tube door options, only a couple of half door options, I’ll probably end up paying the arm and a leg for the bestop element stuff, cause the mopar OEM stuff is my other arm and leg too, and the JCR doors don’t seal as well as the bestop do supposedly and I want to run them 24/7

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

There is indeed a market.

Bestop teased so-called Core doors for 22 months, after which we learned third-hand that their Accounting Dept. allegedly put the kibosh on the idea.

tykurez

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe, 2021 JT Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL I find the lack of door options surprising. 1663619538596

still waiting for these hah

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There is indeed a market.

Bestop teased so-called Core doors for 22 months, after which we learned third-hand that their Accounting Dept. allegedly put the kibosh on the idea.
Seems backwards. If there was a market for these wouldn't @Bestop accounting department (finance department) be the driver? If there was money to be made why would the department that handles the money put the kibosh on the idea?
Sponsored