Sponsored

I finally understand why people hate mall crawlers

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I'm surprised your Sahara was able to handle that dirt and mud. Seriously, everyone knows the Rubicon is the only model that is designed for off-roading. You are def risking damaging your rig if you keep wheeling it. Saharas and Sports are NOT made for that abuse!!!
I have it on good authority that unless you install 35's and a lift kit any Sport or Sahara will immediately burst into flames the moment it touches dirt.
Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I live on a ranch and use the Jeep as a tool. I see threads like this a lot on here and it makes me wonder how low your self esteem must be to actually hate how or why someone used their vehicle. SMH
I reserve the right to pretty much already know I'm not going to like a person with a lifted Wrangler on low profile tires, angry bird grill, and more RGB lights than a teenager whose parents let them loose in Micro Center with a credit card.

Sure, it's their money. But you look like an idiot.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I reserve the right to pretty much already know I'm not going to like a person with a lifted Wrangler on low profile tires, angry bird grill, and more RGB lights than a teenager whose parents let them loose in Micro Center with a credit card.

Sure, it's their money. But you look like an idiot.
I like my RGB whip and rock lights, although they are rarely on (only off-road). And MicroCenter is fun.

Blue 179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport wrangler 2 door
Let me take a crack at the appeal to non-offroaders:
  • This is one of the only vehicles that defies demographics. I see drivers that are young/old, male/female, rich/poor, all ethnicities. My wife drives a Mini Cooper and I hesitate to drive it because it's thought of as a chick car. I know...that's silly thinking.
  • The nice high vantage point to see over traffic - especially with lift/tires.
  • The ACE rock rails make mine absolutely door ding proof in parking lots.
  • I don't have to worry about scraping the nose on the parking spot wheel stop barriers.
  • The Jeep laughs at roadway irregularities that would swallow up normal vehicles
  • Surprisingly luxurious.
  • Unprecedented resale value. And...my Jeeps tend to sell for more BECAUSE they weren't off-roaded. Every buyer has said that - including those who intend to off-road it.
  • Made in America
  • The image it projects - looks cool
Did I miss anything?

If I was going to off-road I'd buy a SHERP, but that wouldn't be a good daily driver. [And it certainly doesn't tread lightly] :)
This is perfect. But the one that you missed- ability to remove the top/convertible. This was the main reason that I traded in my Cherokee Trailhawk.

yeuda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Renegade Trailhawk
How a person chooses to spend their money is their business. Not mine, not yours, not any one else's. They don't need your permission or your approval. If I choose to buy a TRX, and never drive over 50 mph, and never drive on anything buy a pristine paved road, that's my right, for which I served our great nation for 20 years to defend our freedoms. Same is if I buy a wrangler and only drive it on paved roads to the mall, grocery shopping, and church on Sunday.

And for the record, I've lived on non-graded dirt / mud roads 99% of my life. Nearest paved road to me the past 12+ years in roughly 10 or 12 miles, depending on which direction I'm headed in. 2/3 of the roads in my county are not paved and 1/2 of those are not graded either. So basically, I'm off road a significant portion of my driving time. I don't understanding my neighbors who try to get around in 2 wheel drive passenger vehicles, but frankly, "it ain't none of my business."

Sponsored

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
If it was not for a large number of Wrangler buyers you would most likely not have the vehicle it is today or worse discontinued. (Sale volume talks) I beat my old Wrangler but keep the new one clean for a couple of years.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised your Sahara was able to handle that dirt and mud. Seriously, everyone knows the Rubicon is the only model that is designed for off-roading. You are def risking damaging your rig if you keep wheeling it. Saharas and Sports are NOT made for that abuse!!!
Better not let the significant other hear that LOL

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
The more mall crawlers the better. Off road trails are getting more and more crowded and those of us who do wheel do it, in part, to get away.

I love mall crawlers. Every time I see one or a Jeep that makes me cringe I appreciate the fact that there's one less Jeep like mine

67403170.jpg

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
OP reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my sales accounts some years back. Guy that worked in a school i called on had the jacked up, big tire pickup. Mr Billy Badass of the off road world

So, one day I’m there an he’s running his mouth. Says over the weekend they found a grassy field out in the middle of the country. It had just rained and he was bragging about how “they tore the hell out of that field. Mud flying everywhere”.

So, in the calmest voice I could muster I asked if he had any idea what the field was. He had no idea. I explained that it was a farmer’s wheat field, and he had just destroyed the farmer’s crop.

Mr. Mouthbreather just stood there dumbfounded. Never considered that. I assured him that, had i been the farmer and found him in the act, have held him at gunpoint for the cops.

I love to hunt and shoot. In some areas out west, public shooting ranges are being close because idiots take bottles and junk appliances, shoot them up, then leave the junk behind.

The OP seems a perfect example of someone who will get trails closed. At some point you may realize that “fun” doesn’t have to involve destroying your vehicle or the environment.

I just got a 2021 Rubicon. I paid over $60,000 cash. And no, I’m not going to tear it up on a trail to justify it to you. I have it so that, should I go hunting off road, I can go wherever I want.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I've never gotten "the way I use myJeep is best" train of thought for all the reasons listed above.
That being said, I think we can all unite over our loathing of angry grills... :p
My daughter and son in law wanted to get me the angry grill for Christmas...I'm really glad they asked first.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I live on a ranch and use the Jeep as a tool. I see threads like this a lot on here and it makes me wonder how low your self esteem must be to actually hate how or why someone used their vehicle. SMH
Would you have critical words for someone who insisted on using a Prius as a tool on your ranch? Pretty sure you would.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Would you have critical words for someone who insisted on using a Prius as a tool on your ranch? Pretty sure you would.
Agree.

Prius owners usually have “strong words” for Jeepers who use their tools as intended.

So it’s fair game.:LOL:

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I have a two door Rubicon. There’s no soccer moms driving them and very few mall crawlers made out of them.
And that’s just the way I like it. 👍
Sponsored