I finally got the toplift pro!

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
See my note up above in this thread. Try to make sure front arms lift from that spot. It levels out the top much better.
Thanks, I'll try that next time. So the red circle is where I want the first set of rubber pads. Makes sense as the top seems to be front heavy. Wish TLP would update their videos, because it's definitely not how they recommend we do the lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! tl
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'll try that next time. So the red circle is where I want the first set of rubber pads. Makes sense as the top seems to be front heavy. Wish TLP would update their videos, because it's definitely not how they recommend we do the lift.

Correct. If I don’t it wants to tip forward before lifting. I found that works best

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! BB3CF3C4-7F31-4429-B9ED-51B4E7B14E3C
Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! AAF94215-2735-4356-A94A-C56722F721CE

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
If you ever break these they are basically drum rack clamps.

https://www.amazon.com/Goedrum-Drum-Rack-Clamp-Poles/dp/B014CX124S

If anyone gets a new one, a word of advice. Don’t over tighten the plastic T’s that connect the steel tubing. They will crack. Trust me. I cracked one of mine today during assembly.
I used to lift the front of the top while it was on the lift with one arm and use the other to slide the bar in. It’s way more comforting on the roll from the driveway to the garage. Not to mention my hood was underneath so I wanted every safety measure it offered.

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! AAF94215-2735-4356-A94A-C56722F721CE

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
karynm8621

Thank you. I would have never thought of it being us for Drums. It goes to show that we can always learn something new. Again... thank you.

Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Found a new use for my TLP during the winter.

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! 50FB6FC2-EE2B-4F30-A3B3-681847125E76
Nice job
When I had mine I did the same thing except I wrapped the twill top with blankets and tape. I then put a 3/4” thick pipe through the hinges and hung mine upside down.

Agswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We called TopLift and there answer was "don't use the extensions, they are a pain and we are discontinuing them on future orders"

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
We called TopLift and there answer was "don't use the extensions, they are a pain and we are discontinuing them on future orders"
100% agree with that. Mine have been next to the garbage can for a while.

Sponsored

scarp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Taco, 2021 JL Willy's
My jeep is on the train - should be here any day!
Two questions:
1) I'm thinking of getting Hothead Headliners. The subject of TopLift and headliners has come up in threads, but I haven't seen a definitive answer - does the TopLift damage headliners?

2) The door cart seems very specific to the OEM doors. If I get tubes or half-doors, will the cart work for them? It's kind of pricey if it's only going to be useful in the summer, and i need another solution for the summer doors.

OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Two questions:
1) I'm thinking of getting Hothead Headliners. The subject of TopLift and headliners has come up in threads, but I haven't seen a definitive answer - does the TopLift damage headliners?

2) The door cart seems very specific to the OEM doors. If I get tubes or half-doors, will the cart work for them? It's kind of pricey if it's only going to be useful in the summer, and i need another solution for the summer doors.
1) I have mopar headliners. The toplift pro did not damage my headliners. It leaves marks on it if holding the top for a long time, but the marks go away over time.
2) I think the door cart is overpriced. Taking the doors off is really easy unless you are really weak.

scarp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Taco, 2021 JL Willy's
1) I have mopar headliners. The toplift pro did not damage my headliners. It leaves marks on it if holding the top for a long time, but the marks go away over time.
2) I think the door cart is overpriced. Taking the doors off is really easy unless you are really weak.
Sounds good re: the headliners.
re: the cart, I was just talking about the door cart, not the removal attachment tool. I used to just leave my JK doors leaning against the wall and I don't want to do that with the new jeep. I like wall-mounted solutions, but my garage is very narrow and very long, so a cart-type system would be better, especially if it fits under the TopLift.

Thanks,

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Two questions:

No, the TLP did not ruin my head liners when I had my JK.
The door cart is great if you have limited space like me. It’s so narrow I can store my doors behind my Jeep.
You’d have to modify the cart for half doors because the regular doors are held by a holder at the top of the doors.
As far as tube doors, they’re so light I just hang them on the garage wall.

26E815F3-2B2E-4431-975B-567B8BA53A9A.jpeg

8351862D-9317-4DA9-8E64-BB1890412E7D.jpeg

0D1F2461-C326-4733-B11A-EAD3C12DD5B7.jpeg