I finally got the toplift pro!

TBONE1997

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Sufficient garage space is usually the problem. When I had duel tops I didn’t have the height for a lift set up so I went with the Top Lift Pro. I never regretted it because I was able to pull the Jeep right under the hard top in the warm months.

8B40C809-69A5-400B-9C95-701F774A5F4E.jpeg
Steve-thanks for the pics. I just ordered mine today, Florida to Indiana, FedEx is showing it will be here by Saturday. Holy Cow...it's still winter here, but I'll be ready for spring. You do get $25 off if you sign up for their newsletter, a little is better than nothing. I don't have the ability for a ceiling unit in my condo nor do I have room for anything other than this device and I wanted "Quick and Easy"....my question is, during my order process, I didn't see an add-on for the extension arms, do they come with it? I don't have a soft top yet, so I don't expect the top to be stored on this device for long periods of time, but I think the extension arms would make me feel safer :).
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Steve-thanks for the pics. I just ordered mine today, Florida to Indiana, FedEx is showing it will be here by Saturday. Holy Cow...it's still winter here, but I'll be ready for spring. You do get $25 off if you sign up for their newsletter, a little is better than nothing. I don't have the ability for a ceiling unit in my condo nor do I have room for anything other than this device and I wanted "Quick and Easy"....my question is, during my order process, I didn't see an add-on for the extension arms, do they come with it? I don't have a soft top yet, so I don't expect the top to be stored on this device for long periods of time, but I think the extension arms would make me feel safer :).
Hi Todd, I’m not sure about the discount but the owner of the company (Fred) is a great guy and will speak to you if you have any questions while assembling the lift. Also, as far as I know unless they’ve changed their policy, you do get the stabilizer bars with the lift. Great tool, you’re gonna love it.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
The Top Lift Pro's a great product Steve @sf5211 but there's something I wish it had--and maybe you don't see as necessary.

I wish the 4 wheels on the bottom were those big thick ones you see on wheels barrows, capable of handling grass or less than smooth terrain.

Then again, I'm not sure those bigger wheels have the necessary lock capabilities the Top Lift Pro's factory wheels do. Still more my Freedom Jack's engine crane hardly has such wheels, although it's on my bucket list this Spring to address that. :)
Excellent point Andy, I had a person in the room a couple of years ago say to me “I’ll buy one right now if I can take the top across my grass”. I told him to save his money. I have a spot where my driveway meets the house and you can see from the pic it has settled down about an inch. I had to pull the lift right to the spot, bend down, grab the bar by the wheels then lift and pull at the same time.
Like another poster said, I’m sure if you get creative you can get a set of locking pneumatic wheels.

593378F1-0169-4601-A3D0-24893758CA44.jpeg

jmc713

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how much space is needed in front of the bumper if you use the Toplift Pro to store the top over the hood of the Jeep? I only have 16-18" to work with and I'm wondering if that is enough.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how much space is needed in front of the bumper if you use the Toplift Pro to store the top over the hood of the Jeep? I only have 16-18" to work with and I'm wondering if that is enough.
Good news Jeff, you only need about 1 1/2” . Basically the thickness of the TLP bar. You can put the bar against the back wall and drive your Jeep almost to the wall. Check the picture in my post #13. My garage is tight also but I was able to pull the Jeep below it and still store my doors behind the Jeep. It’s freakin tight though. I have to fold my mirrors in just to close the garage door. This is what it looks like......

14DFEF09-633F-483D-9081-9154804FC918.jpeg

jmc713

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good news Jeff, you only need about 1 1/2” . Basically the thickness of the TLP bar. You can put the bar against the back wall and drive your Jeep almost to the wall. Check the picture in my post #13. My garage is tight also but I was able to pull the Jeep below it and still store my doors behind the Jeep. It’s freakin tight though. I have to fold my mirrors in just to close the garage door. This is what it looks like......
That's great news. Thanks for the quick reply!

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
This is great information and my next purchase. The idea of some form of permanent hoist in my ceiling is not appealing at all. From the videos I’ve seen the ratcheting handle looks very simple and easy to use.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The one thing that I do as a security measure though is to wrap hard rubber bungie cords around the bars so that if the ratcheting gear fails, the roof won’t come crashing down on my hood. Might be overkill, but you can’t be too careful.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Question on what is going wrong with my lift - when it lifts the top off it is tipping forward at a scary angle, and not sitting on the back bars?

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! 15EF7712-AB7F-4F8B-A578-F30B16220B80

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! F4B0651A-97C0-4A8C-B6F7-36191FD0E055

Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Question on what is going wrong with my lift - when it lifts the top off it is tipping forward at a scary angle, and not sitting on the back bars?

Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! F4B0651A-97C0-4A8C-B6F7-36191FD0E055

Someone mentioned extension bars that come with this ( or perhaps it’s an option ) . It would seem if the bars were a bit longer it would support the top and level it better.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Someone mentioned extension bars that come with this ( or perhaps it’s an option ) . It would seem if the bars were a bit longer it would support the top and level it better.
yes I can get it to straighten out to horizontal once I put them in, but was under the impression it should balance better even without them?

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
First time I lifted mine I ran into the same problem, two suggestions: 1) make sure the lift is as far in as possible before lifting. 2) keep the back glass hatch open until you put the extensions in. That will help balance the weight significantly. Hope that helps.

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
Where have I been? This is the first time I've seen this lift. Guess I wasn't looking too hard... Anyone know if they have a forum discount?

I did find a $25 off on their website, May have to get one of these.
Sponsored