I finally got the toplift pro!

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Where have I been? This is the first time I've seen this lift. Guess I wasn't looking too hard... Anyone know if they have a forum discount?

I did find a $25 off on their website, May have to get one of these.
Only found the same coupon when we got ours. We enjoy it, but it is pricey.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Someone mentioned extension bars that come with this ( or perhaps it’s an option ) . It would seem if the bars were a bit longer it would support the top and level it better.
Not in far enough. Make sure front rubber hits Cross beam (see pic). I still do not like how back connects with center beam though. Have a call into tech support
Jeep Wrangler JL I finally got the toplift pro! E64F444F-A8EE-4582-99E5-3EF6C5830196

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
The one thing that I do as a security measure though is to wrap hard rubber bungie cords around the bars so that if the ratcheting gear fails, the roof won’t come crashing down on my hood. Might be overkill, but you can’t be too careful.
That’s so funny to me because I had the same fear. (Top crashing down onto my brand new hood) but after time you trust it and don’t even think of it anymore.
P.S. I’ve yet to read about one coming down.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Someone mentioned extension bars that come with this ( or perhaps it’s an option ) . It would seem if the bars were a bit longer it would support the top and level it better.
As Libertyordeath stated, you move the lift forward and leave the back glass open when maneuvering. You don’t close that back glass until you’ve set the top where you want and crank it up.
Also, very important. Lower the top while wheeling it. This makes the center of gravity lower and makes it more stable. Think of the game Jenga. The higher it is the more it’s gonna swing.
What I used to do was unbolt, lift, pull the Jeep forward, set the stabilizer bars, lower it until the glass almost touches the bar you lift with, roll into the garage, set my freedom panels on top of the hard top (I’m still about 2 feet away from the back wall), crank it up again, close the rear glass, roll it back the remaining 2 feet while high up, lock the wheels, see ya in the Spring.

4FB28D51-E29D-41ED-ADB8-6C21932C3518.jpeg

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
That’s so funny to me because I had the same fear. (Top crashing down onto my brand new hood) but after time you trust it and don’t even think of it anymore.
P.S. I’ve yet to read about one coming down.
After nearly 40 years in the fire service, the one thing I learned is to have a backup when securing something. That’s why when we use jacks or air bags, we always use wood cribbing in case the jack or air bag fails. You can never be too careful.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Where have I been? This is the first time I've seen this lift. Guess I wasn't looking too hard... Anyone know if they have a forum discount?

I did find a $25 off on their website, May have to get one of these.
I'm not sure if you bought this yet, but you can save $35 with the code "JL35". It's an extra $10 anyway. I just ordered one last week and drove to their warehouse in Melbourne to pick it up on Saturday.

JeepersCreepers2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Am I the only one who doesn’t put the extension bars on when storing? I tried to slide them in but the top leans slightly forward preventing it. I just decided to not use them and seems to be fine. Assuming they are just a security measure in case of accidental bumping?

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I bought one for my son to use, as he and his kids like to go without the top in the Michigan summers. The top lift pro is stable when holding the hard top, but there is some movement when it is bumped during the hold (not a lot). Since his kids are young, I went to Harbor Freight and purchased a high adjustable stand (various models to chose from) to put under the top while the TLP is holding it to give it a 3 point type of structure. It is really stable now and the parents are very happy with this setup in their garage. It really is a one man, quick operation, to remove and install operation with the TPL.
Any chance you could post a link of the adjustable stand you bought?

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone gets a new one, a word of advice. Don’t over tighten the plastic T’s that connect the steel tubing. They will crack. Trust me. I cracked one of mine today during assembly.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one who doesn’t put the extension bars on when storing? I tried to slide them in but the top leans slightly forward preventing it. I just decided to not use them and seems to be fine. Assuming they are just a security measure in case of accidental bumping?
I used to lift the front of the top while it was on the lift with one arm and use the other to slide the bar in. It’s way more comforting on the roll from the driveway to the garage. Not to mention my hood was underneath so I wanted every safety measure it offered.

3A9F85B2-4522-464E-BBB2-494D20E25E0D.jpeg

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
The way I install the support bars is to separate the two pieces. Then insert the back part in the tube, but going past the the locking point. This puts the tube far enough back that you can install the front part. With the screws down all the way, you can move the bar forward until it locks. Then just adjust the screws at the front.

Agswin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For the guys that have it, how do you remove the extension bars when the top is on the lift? My wife wants to take the top on and off by herself and use the extension bars but when the top is resting on the bars, there doesn't appear a way to remove the extension bars to re-install the top on the Jeep with only 1 person...or are doing something wrong?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
For the guys that have it, how do you remove the extension bars when the top is on the lift? My wife wants to take the top on and off by herself and use the extension bars but when the top is resting on the bars, there doesn't appear a way to remove the extension bars to re-install the top on the Jeep with only 1 person...or are doing something wrong?
Unless they changed it (I have Sky One now) I used to just push the top up with one arm and pull the extension bar out with the other.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Unless they changed it (I have Sky One now) I used to just push the top up with one arm and pull the extension bar out with the other.
Same here.

Mine is still wobbly. I'm not sure if I'm placing my TLP far enough in the Jeep. The rubber pads are lifting where the black rubber soundproofing pads are...

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Same here.

Mine is still wobbly. I'm not sure if I'm placing my TLP far enough in the Jeep. The rubber pads are lifting where the black rubber soundproofing pads are...
See my note up above in this thread. Try to make sure front arms lift from that spot. It levels out the top much better.
Sponsored