Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Congratulations on your Wrangler, I know how you feel, I also have one on order and patiently waiting now (currently scheduled for build, all parts gathered, ordered Oct 19th).

I am also in Pittsburgh, but the dealerships in the area were not really offering a lot off of MSRP or invoice and were treating me as If I knew nothing about buying a vehicle even though I rolled up to the dealerships in a 40K + vehicle. I had to go out of state with Criswell to get a really good deal (which I did, thanks Russell).

Out of curiosity, who did you order with and what is the final price on the vehicle if you dont mind me asking?
Did you try Diehl Automotive in Robinson? That is where I went, and I actually broke a car buying rule by just going to one dealership, but Corina Diehl is a friend of one of my dearest friends and supports my friends Foundation, the Glimmer Of Hope so I emailed Corina asking her about the Wrangler and she emailed back saying to come in to see her Manager at the Robinson location so I did and he gave me ONE HELL OF A DEAL!! I told Corina that she should have advertisements telling people to get a hell of a deal at Diehl! LOL The sales manager Que at Diehl Robinson was amazing as well as the salesman Rod who took and sent in my order.

One question though, how did you find out that yours is currently schedule to build with all parts gathered? I didn't know that it was possible to track your build!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! I'm from PA too (only on the other side!) and just ordered my Willys on Saturday. I am hoping for a Christmas delivery as well but not overly confident with the holidays?! I almost pulled the trigger last year but never did, so now I will probably have to renew my Tread Lightly membership as it expires 12/3 :facepalm:
But that extra $100 will save me $400 so I am fine with renewing and supporting them!

As the other member asked,...what kind of deals are you getting on the west side of the state?
I was tempted to go to Koons or Criswell for the 7-8% off invoice, but I am more interested in the 0%/36 month FCA deal so I went with Kate at Courtesy Jeep in Coatesville. I was shooting for 5% off invoice but we settled at 4.4% so I am happy with the deal. Plus I'd rather buy in state and she was only 1 hour from me compared to the 4+ hour drive each way to the southern guys.

Either way congrats again and please let us know when your Jeep arrives!
Thank you!, I will definitely post a picture when I take possession of my new baby (that is what I am calling her at the moment, I haven't thought of a name yet)!!! I also am hoping for a before Christmas delivery but wouldn't be surprised if it is after Christmas

Sponsored

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Did you try Diehl Automotive in Robinson? That is where I went, and I actually broke a car buying rule by just going to one dealership, but Corina Diehl is a friend of one of my dearest friends and supports my friends Foundation, the Glimmer Of Hope so I emailed Corina asking her about the Wrangler and she emailed back saying to come in to see her Manager at the Robinson location so I did and he gave me ONE HELL OF A DEAL!! I told Corina that she should have advertisements telling people to get a hell of a deal at Diehl! LOL The sales manager Que at Diehl Robinson was amazing as well as the salesman Rod who took and sent in my order.

One question though, how did you find out that yours is currently schedule to build with all parts gathered? I didn't know that it was possible to track your build!
Nice, but you still havent answered the question :)

I wanted to know what your out the door price on the unit is as yes, I did go to Diehl among all the rest of the Jeep dealerships in the area and not one was willing to budge on pricing by any significant amount. Not sure if your deal is good or better than anyone else walking into the dealership because of your affiliation to a friend of a friend but wanted to get more solid pricing as I also know dealer owners and managers in the area and they still were not budging by much. Just wanted numbers to determine if me going out of state was worth it vs what your "deal" was / is.

As an example, I went with Criswell in MD where I got 7% off invoice which between Criswell and Koons (7.5%) is the best price you can get on a factory order. No one could / would even come close to that in the whole Pittsburgh area and outside of it, so im wondering what this mega super one hell of a deal you got is :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
...I will officially be one of you and no longer a Camry person!!!...58 yrs old and I'm acting like a kid!!
I was one year younger when I took the plunge. Boring sedans and generic pickups/suvs over the years, the only other vehicle besides the Wrangler where I felt like a kid while driving was a convertible I owned. Congrats and enjoy!

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Also Order my second jeep this Monday Sport-S (Nacho). I was told the exact same thing.. "It will arrive sometime close to Christmas"...... So now I wait, and cant stop ordering stuff before it gets here. Welcome and I truly feel your pain....

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also Order my second jeep this Monday Sport-S (Nacho). I was told the exact same thing.. "It will arrive sometime close to Christmas"...... So now I wait, and cant stop ordering stuff before it gets here. Welcome and I truly feel your pain....
OMG, This is my first Jeep and I haven't received it yet but I've already got the Jeep sickness! I've been searching sites on line and looking for things to buy for my baby!! It is becoming an obsession! I'm online searching when I should be getting other things done!

OP
OP
Irish Creig

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, it is almost a year for me with my Wrangler! I'm loving it more every day! Today I am setting off on my first long trip, a 14 hour drive from Pittsburgh to Kansas City for my nephews wedding! I can't wait to get on the road. Last year when I was researching, I got a bit worried reading posts about problems, it had me doubting my decision. Thankfully, I plunged right in, ordered and took possession of my 2021 JLU on 12/22/20 and none of the problems have occurred! Its been a dream! Highlights so far was getting bronze wheels, putting 35's on it, a 2.5 lift, wood grained interior installed, having the inside of the hard top painted black with the beige headliners from Hot Heads (best decision ever! Painting it black has made the inside of the hardtop look finished!) along with the full sound assassin package on the floor and hardtop, beige leather seating from Katzkin, and all sorts of other customization things I've done! I believe that I will never be finished with my build! Lots more changes coming, roof top tent, new steel bumpers front and back, skid plates underneath, light strips about windshield and on bull bar (in fact a whole lighting package being added), fridge/freezer in back, 2 level table on swing gate where I will put a coleman stove, and Lord knows whatever else I will dream up! So far I had a blast at Bantam in June, as well as getting my baby baptized by mud at the first ever Great Lakes Jeep Jam (it rained the entire weekend but it was a freaking BLAST!) Driving to KC today and the following weekend I will be up in Slippery Rock for the a weekend of off roading during the Bantam Fall Fest Oct 1st -3rd! Absolutely no regrets and it is the most fun I have EVER had driving a vehicle!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Absolutely no regrets and it is the most fun I have EVER had driving a vehicle!
I'm only at the six month mark, but I can echo pretty much everything you just said. It seems like they worked the big bugs out for the '21 model year, and the Jeep has been great.

When I'm out there on the trail, getting covered in mud and little bits of twigs and acorns and stuff, I still feel a sense of amazement that I'm going to be driving this thing to work tomorrow on the highway, and it will do just fine. It's not the greatest highway vehicle, but it's not a bad highway vehicle. It's perfectly capable of getting you to work during the week, and it's endless fun on the weekends. I've never had a vehicle this fun before.
Sponsored