Sponsored

Deleted

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Go visit with an attorney who deals with contracts. Have him send some letters out. It will cost you a couple hundred dollars. You'll be surprised how well it works. Vrooms legal will call down to the guys that handle their docs and tell them to fix the problem.
I'm going to second this. It's definitely worth the $200 to try and see if you can speed things up.
Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
As for the superchips… call them. Explain what’s going on. They may be able to help. And willing to help for free or really cheaply.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a loan? The bank might be interested in how all of this is playing out. They may have pricier lawyers than you are willing to get as well.
My credit union demands payment in full if they don't get the title within 60 days, they may have extended it a few days with COVID, but they are pretty strict about it...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's pretty easy to change a 2 into a 5.....temp tag expires in 2025
Most dealers print thermal tags now that are instantly registered with the DMV (at least where I live), so if they run the temp tag #, they know it's expired...

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought, go to your local police department and file a fraud and/or bait-and-switch type of report, bring ALL of your documentation... Then send a copy of that police report to Vroom... Always good to have a police record of something like this...

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
Just a thought, go to your local police department and file a fraud and/or bait-and-switch type of report, bring ALL of your documentation... Then send a copy of that police report to Vroom... Always good to have a police record of something like this...
Deleted

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Not a bad idea, then you have a case number showing that's it's been reported by you. There will likely not be a charge filed though, as this is still a civil matter.

Before you do that though, see if there's anyway to contact the previous owner to make sure that the deal was properly handled on their end.

I still wouldn't give the Jeep back if it's everything you want. You have a legaly binding purchase contract. I guaranty if you had a Kia sedan, they would not want it back. All they're going to do is make more money on your Jeep by selling it again.

Are you driving it yet? I would be.

Sponsored

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
But would the insurance be valid for an unregistered vehicle? Can be a real “Catch 22” DMV wouldn’t register without insurance, couldn’t get insurance without a valid registration!!!! Ohhh-Kaayyy!
I've always gotten insurance on any of my vehicles before they were registered. It's a requisite for the DMV in MO.

T.Pigott

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon 2018 Grand Cherokee Overland HA
Occupation
Soldier
Vehicle Showcase
Well, since no help from GA consumer protection, BBB, my lender and no call backs from the 3 lawyers, I'm accepting the offer to do a return. As they cannot get the needed paperwork from the seller and they cannot say how long it would take to get a new title, so they made me an offer. I listed my lost expenses and they are agreeing to pay me that loss as well. I'm pretty bummed, but keeping it in perspective, it's a luxury problem. Ill just start shopping for another one. Will pull the tailgate table out this weekend and maybe tailgate light, but not sure its worth the hassle for a $50 led strip.
Good luck in your pursuit. I hope you find one you can love as much.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
At least it's an end to the madness.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I've always gotten insurance on any of my vehicles before they were registered. It's a requisite for the DMV in MO.
Not in Ca, per insurance co’s suggestion I stood in the long line at DMV to get a permit to “move” the vehicle, took permit to ins. , proof of ins. And back in line at DMV for registration. Not a Good Day!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Eh, I know first hand, here in GA, they are still ticketing for no registration.
File em in the glove box under chicken sh*t:)
Sponsored