Last edited:

en480c4

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Range Rover Classic
But why on earth would I want to continue business with them? Yes they have national inventory, but they also have a national problem with titles and registration which is why they are getting fined and sued.
I don't say it lightly... I only suggest it because if you can avoid the $5-7k market hit and $2.5k tax hit, it might be worth some additional pain and suffering. $10k is a lot of money to have to eat because of someone else's fuck up. That said, having been in a similarly frustrating situation with Vroom, I would understand the desire to just move on and take the painful financial hit.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You have possession of the Jeep, a legally binding purchase contract and have secured insurance. You have spent money on modifications/improvements on the vehicle. Don't give it back, they want you to stop calling them. They will just sell it again.

Go visit with an attorney who deals with contracts. Have him send some letters out. It will cost you a couple hundred dollars. You'll be surprised how well it works. Vrooms legal will call down to the guys that handle their docs and tell them to fix the problem.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. Pull a Carfax on it and see where it came from. May be that will help give you some insight.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I just got a call from Vroom. They are having issue with documents from previous seller and asked me to do a return. :(

I already put on new tires, got the superchips to set the speedometer ($1,700), finding a replacement vehicle is $5-7k more than I paid and now that I don't have a trade-in, I'll loose the trade-in tax benefit (+/- $2,500)! 😐
I would find a set of old tires or useless takeoffs, uninstall whatever I installed, take the hit on whatever I took the hit on and return it to them. Order a new Wrangler EXACTLY how you want it for most likely LESS than you paid them (including your trade tax loss). You will be SO MUCH HAPPIER down the literal and figurative road. If I knew you in person and lived near you I would not stop bugging the shit out of you until you did exactly what I said above. I would even help you with the work. Think about it this way ... if you fight and struggle to complete this deal properly, you're still left with a used car that's not 100% to your liking and most likely has an issue you haven't found yet. How many people sell Jeeps to Vroom for no reason?

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
Deleted

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
That's just it, this Jeep is 100% exactly what I wanted. It is basically brand new delivered with 1,640 miles on it and now has 3,300. The interior still smells of brand new leather.

I priced building a Jeep exactly the same, $9k more, with ttt, about $11,500 more. So $11+k more and a 4mo wait for its delivery, not doing it.

Part of my theory along side of not having paperwork, but I think someone messed up with the pricing.
Go out and find a lawyer. There are plenty out there who would want to get this work, especially if you're in Atlanta. Might cost a grand or so but that's better than losing lots more on another Jeep.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
How long do you think it would take to get the paperwork straight if you returned it? The bank would require you to keep making payments until they got notified by Vroom. Don't return it, you are in the better position now, plus you still have their loaner car as your collateral.

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
Deleted

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I figured they just have you in one of their inventory cars.

More than likely when you call, you are getting someone working from home who has little training and no clue. See if you can find a number to their corporate office.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Yeah, forever escalate this and if a return is absolutely the only way this will solve, have them make it right by getting you into a similarly equipped jeep and situation you approve of before any return is executed. Keep looking for and calling lawyers.

If all the paperwork on your end is signed and you've had it for 2 months at this point, I don't see the onus being on you to have to give it back to them, and I would imagine there's some obligation in there that they deliver proper documentation and titling/registration - go through that thing as best you can. I would make as much noise as you possibly can about this, including the bit about the 200 Vroom cases backlogged with the local law firms. Escalate and call corporate and email top execs - be the squeaky wheel. I get not wanting to do business with them again but with the price you paid and the market + national inventory being what it is, it might be beneficial to have them eat that price increase in the form of putting you in another jeep if they truly cannot make this right.

Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Two things:
1. Sorry this happened and I wonder if any of it is your state. I'm in CA and it took four months to get my registration. They even told me I could get a ticket but nothing they could do, it's the way the state had it running.
2. All Vroom knows is your VIN. I k ow this as I just sold to to them and had a long talk with the pickup guy. You could change out everything but the body and sell it back to them, probably make a profit....

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Two things:
1. Sorry this happened and I wonder if any of it is your state. I'm in CA and it took four months to get my registration. They even told me I could get a ticket but nothing they could do, it's the way the state had it running.
2. All Vroom knows is your VIN. I k ow this as I just sold to to them and had a long talk with the pickup guy. You could change out everything but the body and sell it back to them, probably make a profit....
#2 is fraud; if you're gonna want (/need) to pursue legal avenues to rectify this, that's probably not the way to go

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
#2 is fraud; if you're gonna want (/need) to pursue legal avenues to rectify this, that's probably not the way to go
I need to disagree with you here. There are a few more things that need to happen legally for it to rise to fraud. It depends what he says and signs, and what happens during the Vroom inspection. Just calling it a crime though is jumping the gun.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I have been asking about an ETA for completion, they wont give me one. "we dont know."

Rental car as collateral, eh, Enterprise requires a credit card. So I could end up with that bill too.
I would make sure Vroom is paying for your rental, or you're getting screwed twice.
I would also make it clear to them that you don't want to return, IF they can sort out this paperwork. I know it's been a couple months, but if there's a chance I would ride it out.
If you have to return, revert to stock, maybe you're out for the Superchips money, but that may be best case scenario if they can't fix the papers.