Deleted

en480c4

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Range Rover Classic
I was in a similar boat with Vroom, and will never buy from them, or any company like them, again. I had to park my Jeep for a few weeks after my third TX temp plate expired. Nobody could tell me why they couldn't process my registration. And as has been stated before, there was nobody who could be held responsible.

I was fortunate that my town clerk's office received communication from the company Vroom uses to process the registrations, and I called them directly. After being told it was against policy for them to speak directly with the customer, I was able to convince the person to help me. I was able to put together a conference call with them, the town clerk and myself to get everything sorted out. They sent a corrected check and after buying the Jeep in August and taking delivery in early September, I was able to register my Jeep in January.

The outside company that was used for processing my paperwork was:

Red USA
800 211 3638

I was lucky to have a transaction ID, which allowed me to convince them to work with me. But if anyone else is having trouble, you can always try and you might find a sympathetic ear. I hope this information can help someone.
Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I will never buy from Carvana, buy I've sold 2 vehicles to them now and it's been a piece of cake both times. It is very literally a 15 minute process when they come to pick it up. Sign some paperwork, they drive it around the block to make sure it runs, exchange the money and keys, off they go. Takes them longer to load it on the flat bed.
I sold my 2020 Sport to Carvana back in mid February. They gave me almost $5000 more for my Jeep than I paid for it. They gave me $39,110 then and they just sold it yesterday for $40,990. The originally had it displayed at a higher price, but dropped it because it wasn't selling. It was a base model Sport with only LSD. You could have bought a new 2022 Sport for $36,000. Selling it to them was quick and easy...

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

After hearing all of this, I am glad I did not sell to Vroom. My wife had a 2019 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 and Vroom offered me a ton of money for it. I filled out all the paperwork on line including letting them know it was a lease. Then they ran my credit for some reason and I got dinged for the hit, (at 840) so that did not play into the next part. After setting me up for pickup, they informed me that Vroom was no longer taking in leases! This was after a week of back and forth and filling out paperwork... Sold it to CarMax the next day for about the same price as Vroom offered and had the money in the bank that same day. I think the buying frenzy is now over. Hopefully, prices on used vehicles will come back inline.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That would only get the attention of my lender, then more headaches for me.
There has got to be recourse for someone who is making payments on a vehicle s/he cannot even drive due to dealer/DMV screwups. No?

Have you tried your local news...? They are always looking for a juicy “human story.”

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
Hence the recommendation of filing a lawsuit.

Thought about local news. But not made a call.

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
That would only get the attention of my lender, then more headaches for me.
The lender, which should be the title holder. Which they don't have.

At least in my state the bank Lender is the title holder. By paying on a Jeep they don't technically "own", I feel you could potentially get screwed.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Eh, I know first hand, here in GA, they are still ticketing for no registration.
Where in GA? Come into Atlanta. You can literally do anything you want to while driving. APD doesn’t give a shit. GSP will stop you on the interstates, but that’s about it.

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
Contact your state Attorney General office. Multiple states are going after Vroom over failure to submit title docs.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

100% would make them buy the jeep back F vroom make an order for a new jeep that you like. get it from one of the dealerships than everyone on the forums uses and get back to enjoying life

OP
OP
tegorman

tegorman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Moab
Deleted

Last edited:

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I just got a call from Vroom. They are having issue with documents from previous seller and asked me to do a return. :(

I already put on new tires, got the superchips to set the speedometer ($1,700), finding a replacement vehicle is $5-7k more than I paid and now that I don't have a trade-in, I'll loose the trade-in tax benefit (+/- $2,500)! 😐

Wait that sounds like they're taking cars and selling them before they do their due diligence. That's sounds very illegal. I know you tried to find a lawyer, but keep trying. This sounds like a slam dunk case and they owe you for the time it sat undriven and loss of use. And probably other things you wouldn't think of like insurance you paid on it. Speak to your insurance company as well.

en480c4

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Range Rover Classic
I just got a call from Vroom. They are having issue with documents from previous seller and asked me to do a return. :(

I already put on new tires, got the superchips to set the speedometer ($1,700), finding a replacement vehicle is $5-7k more than I paid and now that I don't have a trade-in, I'll loose the trade-in tax benefit (+/- $2,500)! 😐
I would put it on them to find a suitable replacement with all documentation on hand, and to handle the changeover of the tires. The tax hit alone is not something you should have to bear, and they should be able to find something similar in their nationwide inventory.
Sponsored