Deleted

ScooterJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep2019JL
I would just drive it. There are so many cars running around without plates or expired plates it is ridiculous. I am convinced that they have decided that this is not an offense that warrants getting pulled over ever since COVID.
Getting a ticket if you go moves you into a stronger position. What does the DMV say. I’d drive it. You can go to your local District Attorneys office Consumer fraud. They do civil complaints. This might perk their interest especially if more problems with seller.
Sponsored

socalrugger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I agree. The cost of a ticket if one were issued would be far outweighed by the enjoyment of the Jeep. In California you have 6 months to register a vehicle you buy -- I didn't know that until the other day -- but because of covid they extended that time even longer. Wish I had a source on this info, but right now it's my memory.
Chuck-is that right? Im actually in the process of buying/shipping over a 2014 Rubicon from Pennsylvania but Im getting mixed info from the DMV so that would be welcome news.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I can't 🤬 drive it!

I'll give cliff notes version. I bought a 2020 Sahara Altitude with 1,640 miles in Feb.
View attachment 622880

I put 33's on it and drove it until the temp tag expired in April. It's been parked in my driveway since. I still do not have a title and registration! Lots of details I'm leaving out, but Vroom has screwed up all my paperwork and the paperwork from the person they bought it from.

I have missed the prime weather for spring and early summer except for this one camping trip in March. Driving the POS Chevy Equinox rental they supplied is like nails on a chalk board to me. It guts me every time I pull away from the house in that F-ing rental.

I've considered returning it, but finding another with the same features/pkgs today with that low miles is $5-7k more than I got this one. Also, I installed those tires and the superchips (which as you know is only good for the 1 VIN) and if I'm having this much trouble with this transaction, I can't imagine teeing up a return will be anything but more frustration.

I have complained to the BBB and the state consumer protection. Vroom didn't respond to the complaint so BBB closed it. State consumer protection said, tough luck, file a lawsuit. Called 3 lawyers, two never returned my call and the 3rd said, I can put you on our wait list, we have 200 other Vroom cases in front of you! I have well over 150 emails to them, countless phone calls and just not making progress. So I just needed to vent a little.

So, there you have it. Thanks for letting me vent.
Sorry to hear that. This was my buddy's first issue with Vroom. when he traded his Gladiator for his Tesla, He had to be on their case constantly, they fucked up his paperwork anyway, etc. He later sold that vehicle and bought his current Jeep/ Traded in his Tesla and he had no issues compared to the first time.

That would never fly. Vroom provided a rental. Me driving an unregistered vehicle that is not yet mine, is my choice and action. And all it takes is one cop, or one dingaling to be on their phone and cause a wreck or one deer to jump out. Not worth it, at all.
Bingo. As much as it sucks, Don't even risk it.
Sponsored