Sponsored

I drove a 392. Shouldn't have done that.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
No doubt an auto is better offroad (and on) but that isn't the point.

Can a MT handle a 392 in a Jeep???
Cadillac CT5-V has 600+ HP and peak torque with a manual transmission. Jeep just doesn't want to build it.
Sponsored

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
I made the mistake of driving one too... (at Huntington Beach WAY inflated prices... ) there needs to be a support group...

On a side note... thankfully they do not come in orange... or it would be in my driveway now...

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Xtreme Recon
I had a chance to drive my buddy's 392 this week. I knew it was going to sound badass and pull like a beast, but I'm screwed now. I need one. The combination of the V8 rumble with the look and capability we already love is automotive perfection. Damn it.

If anyone has a dealer rec in the southwest or west, preferably Phoenix, I may have to order one. I hear others are ordering well under MSRP now, which is great, but it makes it even more compelling.

If you're given the chance to drive one, don't do it unless you are ready for a very expensive test drive.
Try York CJDR in Prescott Arizona. They are upstanding folks and should provide a solid deal.

Sponsored

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I drove one a few months ago. It was kind of neat but only in a novelty sense. It didn't do much for me. The sound was nice for testing purposes but the power was muted by the girth and weight of the beast so I wasn't impressed with that or the supposed acceleration. If you want it, buy it but buy it becasue you want to save the money and hassle of putting your own 8 cyl engine in a Jeep, not because of forum hype. I went to look at it over forum hype but I'm glad I was able to remain objective. Comes with age I guess, at least I get something for as much age as I have. Don't get me wrong ... I did like it and it was definitely cool but not worth losing sleep over. The 2015 Mustang GT I owned was more noteworty and fun to drive.

Last edited:

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Out west, dealers that are known for aggressive pricing are Dennis Dillon, Peterson CDJR and Dave Smith in Boise, ID, and Huntington Beach CDJR in Southern California.

Having said that, current market conditions have altered how many dealers do normal business.

Good luck.
Seriously??? Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach are Asking $123,000 for 392s!😱

JRudi392

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Unlimited RHD, Jeep Rubicon 392 Gobi
I drove one a few months ago. It was kind of neat but only in a novelty sense. It didn't do much for me. The sound was nice for testing purposes but the power was muted by the girth and weight of the beast so I wasn't impressed with that or the supposed acceleration. If you want it, buy it but buy it becasue you want to save the money and hassle of putting your own 8 cyl engine in a Jeep, not because of forum hype. I went to look at it over forum hype but I'm glad I was able to remain objective. Comes with age I guess, at least I get something for as much age as I have. Don't get me wrong ... I did like it and it was definitely cool but not worth losing sleep over. The 2015 Mustang GT I owned was more noteworty and fun to drive.
Supposed acceleration?? 0-60 - Rubicon 392 XR 4.0 seconds. 2015 Mustang GT 4.4 seconds.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
These things are very tame until you want it to perform. I get all kinds of things that hear my 392 and want to play, most of them embarrassed In the end. Sure, some have a little on me, but I’m in a Jeep. And never a Mustang has come out on top.

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
These things are very tame until you want it to perform. I get all kinds of things that hear my 392 and want to play, most of them embarrassed In the end. Sure, some have a little on me, but I’m in a Jeep. And never a Mustang has come out on top.
I describe the 392 like the hulk. It is very calm and meek like Bruce Banner driving around town, but you step on it and it just wakes up into an uncontrollable beast. Half the time when I get it and trolling people I realize I am only at half throttle...

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
The novelty of fast SUVs definitely wears offs. It's a party trick. If you want to go fast get a sports car. My Jeep is perfectly happy in the right lane. A tool for every job.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
When I test drove my 392 I had been driving a 700 HP Ram TRX for three months. And to be honest, the 392 felt a little timid in comparison. But, ... I have owned Jeeps for almost 50 years, and I knew right away that the 392 was by far the best driving, most impressive Jeep I had ever driven. And that included a 2012 JKUR with an AEV 6.4 hemi transplant. I bought the Jeep right after the test drive.

I bought it off the lot at Cedar City Motors, in Cedar City, UT, which is just 50 miles north of the Arizona border on I-15. I paid MSRP of $85K for it. When I had bought the TRX I told the salesman I also wanted a 392, and they called me when they got one in that had been ordered, but the buyer had backed out of the deal.

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
I use Air Park Chrysler/Jeep in Scottsdale, because they have a good Service Department, that is Mod friendly. I have no idea as to their pricing of new Wranglers.
I use Chapman in Scottsdale and when I was there a couple of weeks ago, they had an all black everything 392 for about 10% under sticker. It’s probably gone and it is the only 392 I have seen there. I went to Air Park service once. It was good but Chapman is much closer to where I live.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
I use Chapman in Scottsdale and when I was there a couple of weeks ago, they had an all black everything 392 for about 10% under sticker. It’s probably gone and it is the only 392 I have seen there. I went to Air Park service once. It was good but Chapman is much closer to where I live.
WOW..392 FOR 10% UNDER STICKER. Maybe the Dealers are going to finally get back to dealing with us...
Sponsored