Sponsored

I drove a 392. Shouldn't have done that.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Also notice the MPG - 8.5 for the last 89 miles. Sounds like someone might have been driving it pretty hard (maybe just offroad?).
Doesn’t have to be driven insanely hard to get that. Just a lot of short drives in traffic.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airpark used to have a sales guy who was very competitive priced and active on the forums. Jason Demonto. But that was years ago, and I don't know if he is still there.
He’s been gone for about 6-7 years now unfortunately. I think he left around 2015-2016 time frame. He was a good dude. Bought my first wrangler from him. Wheeled a few times in Moab with him and his red LJ, too.

JRudi392

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Unlimited RHD, Jeep Rubicon 392 Gobi
Doesn’t have to be driven insanely hard to get that. Just a lot of short drives in traffic.
I drive mine pretty hard in mostly short drives and average around 12.9.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive mine pretty hard in mostly short drives and average around 12.9.
I’m averaging 9.2 mpg right now with all city driving as of recent. Lots of stop and go. To be fair I’m full throttle a lot lol— lots of launches. Not a daily though so when I drive it I really drive hard I suppose. I also have the 4.56 gears.

my assumption is lots of idling and short drives in traffic with lots of throttle.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
For sale, getting test drives— yet showing 8.5 MPG , some people clearly don’t know how to take a proper test drive!! 😉 That’s at least 2 MPG too high! 😊

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I just checked HB’s site and they actually have 12 392s in inventory, all with a $25k markup! The cheapest one is listed at $107k. They’re smoking crack.
Hell I think the msrp of $80k is smoking crack. 🚬

I love the 392 engine but not at that price. Id rather buy 2 vehicles for the price of one over 2 extra cylinders. But that's just me.

And after owning several 392 Challengers the 2.0T that's in my Jeep continues to impress me. It's definitely not lacking in power, I average 21mpg and it actually sounds cool. It has it own unique deep pur. And you can hear the turbo spool up all the time.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I love the 392 engine but not at that price. Id rather buy 2 vehicles for the price of one over 2 extra cylinders. But that's just me.

And after owning several 392 Challengers the 2.0T that's in my Jeep continues to impress me. It's definitely not lacking in power, I average 21mpg and it actually sounds cool. It has it own unique deep pur. And you can hear the turbo spool up all the time.
I did a B&P on a diesel Rubi before ordering the 392 ($77,620 inc shipping) the diesel was about $69K (shipping?)when optioned with all the standard “options “ included on the 392,add cost of a lift (don’t remember if beadlock capable wheels were an option, if not add price) water diverting hood, and a couple other 392 specific items NA, it substantially lessens the “shock” of the 392’s price. Disclaimer—I wouldn’t have gotten some of the “options” if they were not “standard”.🤔

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I did a B&P on a diesel Rubi before ordering the 392 ($77,620 inc shipping) the diesel was about $69K (shipping?)when optioned with all the standard “options “ included on the 392,add cost of a lift (don’t remember if beadlock capable wheels were an option, if not add price) water diverting hood, and a couple other 392 specific items NA, it substantially lessens the “shock” of the 392’s price. Disclaimer—I wouldn’t have gotten some of the “options” if they were not “standard”.🤔
That seems high for a diesel as well. I guess prices aren't getting any cheaper that's for sure.

I do love the 392 engine I just can't justify it to myself. Especially with gas prices as high as they are.

I guess it helps if you have deep pockets. I don't. So there's that. 🤣

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
April 21 prices, why I can’t verify the diesel wheel option but it was just under $69K. It would have been nice to not be required to get paint matching T&F, nannies, advanced nannies, stereo I don’t listen to, 7.5 in “upgrade” wheels and maybe a couple more if I thought about it..meant as a reply to JeepViking13

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I have the 2.0T and it has impressed me as well. My biggest complaint is the throttle delay and turbo lag. A throttle controller has helped minimally but there is still lag between input, action and then another delay for the turbo. It's pretty annoying IMO. I noticed zero lag in the 392 and obviously that also solves the turbo lag issue.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
If you get a $6-8k additional discount from what most dealers do for an order on a 392, post it here. They will have more business than just you.

I would prolly order one to sell.
There are quite a few dealers offering this. Ordered my 23 for 8.5k off in June of this year. Just search the board.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Check out this thread for summary of the best dealers to order from for deals. There is a column for 392. The 392 discounts and allocations do seem to be more fluid than regular wrangler.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ratberts-dealers-below-invoice-spreadsheet.95841/

as someone said, fly in and drive back if you have the time or just ship it.

those that tell you there’s no deals on a 392 prob paid over MSRP for one off the lot or aren’t reading the Ordering and 392 section on here

good luck!

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR
Only people saying that are people that haven’t actually ordered one. If you are going to order one you will find that out for yourself.
I recently ordered one for about $7K below MSRP🤷‍♂️

I also got a quote just a couple days ago from a dealer in South Texas for about $5K below MSRP.
Sponsored