Not open for further replies.

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Not exactly on all accounts. I've seen comments from Rubi owners who have no plans to take it off road. They bought it because they liked the aggressive look.

I wave to every Jeep while in my Sahara and by far I get no waves from more stock Sport owners.

I see a good collection of Sahara owners on here. A possible reason you see few(er) Sahara owners is because they tend to get looked down upon by a select few snobbish elitist Rubicon owners and they dont want to deal with it. I could care less if someone thinks they're better than me because they drive a Rubi. At the end of the day I'm happy with my selection, I'm the one using it based upon my needs. I can mod it just as well as the Sport or Rubi owner, as long as I can pay for it :crying: . And more importantly I'm my own person, not needing validation from others based upon what I drive.
YEP. None of the Snobish Rubicon owners wave at all in Colorado , when we were there.
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not exactly on all accounts. I've seen comments from Rubi owners who have no plans to take it off road. They bought it because they liked the aggressive look.

I wave to every Jeep while in my Sahara and by far I get no waves from more stock Sport owners.

I see a good collection of Sahara owners on here. A possible reason you see few(er) Sahara owners is because they tend to get looked down upon by a select few snobbish elitist Rubicon owners and they dont want to deal with it. I could care less if someone thinks they're better than me because they drive a Rubi. At the end of the day I'm happy with my selection, I'm the one using it based upon my needs. I can mod it just as well as the Sport or Rubi owner, as long as I can pay for it :crying: . And more importantly I'm my own person, not needing validation from others based upon what I drive.
Pretty sure you missed the point entirely. But Ok. Keep being pissy if you like but it’s got nothing to do with Rubicon elitism. That kind of snobbery would lump Sport in with Sahara.

Lemme spell it out - There’s two main kinds of Jeep buyers. Enthusiasts who are specifically buying a Jeep and those who are cross shopping for a mid-sized SUV and happen to ‘like’ the Jeep.

That first camp - most of us on this website - might buy any trim. Including a Sahara if it suits ‘em.

The second group doesn’t know or care about ‘Jeep stuff’, like mods and waves, and is going to mostly buy Saharas for the ‘luxury’ features found on similar sized competing SUVs. And frankly, these buyers vastly outnumber off-road enthusiasts.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

I owned several Rubicons and Saharas in the past, so I know first-hard the benefits and the drawbacks of each.

Sahara does everything I need it to do and does it very well. It has enough capability to take me through 95% of the trails around here, through the winter conditions we get, and it drives smoothly on the freeway and around town.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Part of the problem with the waving back thing is that since the JK's introduction, there's just so darn many jeeps on the road. You barely have a chance to put your hand down. I've thought about mounting one of those rubber hands above the dash so it looks like I'm always waving.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Pretty sure you missed the point entirely. But Ok. Keep being pissy if you like but it’s got nothing to do with Rubicon elitism.

Lemme spell it out - There’s two main kinds of Jeep buyers. Enthusiasts who are specifically buying a Jeep and those who are cross shopping for a mid-sized SUV and happen to ‘like’ the Jeep.

That first camp - most of us on this website - might buy any trim. Including a Sahara if it suits ‘em.

The second group doesn’t know or care about ‘Jeep stuff’, like mods and waves, and is going to mostly buy Saharas for the ‘luxury’ features found on similar sized competing SUVs. And frankly, these buyers vastly outnumber off-road enthusiasts.
IF that was your point you did a horrible job of conveying it in the first message I quoted. You clearly replied from the anecdote regarding the lady who had "absolutely zero intentions of taking it off-road" and your comment is that it's exactly who buys the Sahara. That statement brushes a broad stroke to bundle all Sahara owners in that category. Whether you meant that or not, it what you conveyed in your post.
I'm not pissy, just stating exactly what I see in here that there are some elitist Rubi owners who look down upon Sahara owners. Like I said, I dont need their validation but it does get tiring seeing it. Their shit stinks like mine and we put our pants on one leg at a time.
Here's what I dont understand; what does it matter what those people buy their Jeep for? They've worked hard to gather the resources required to purchase a Jeep. They surely can spend it the way they wish to spend it. Them buying Jeeps helps keep American workers employed and keeping FCA giving us options to add to our vehicles if we so wish to have them.

Sponsored

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
IF that was your point you did a horrible job of conveying it in the first message I quoted. You clearly replied from the anecdote regarding the lady who had "absolutely zero intentions of taking it off-road" and your comment is that it's exactly who buys the Sahara. That statement brushes a broad stroke to bundle all Sahara owners in that category. Whether you meant that or not, it what you conveyed in your post.
I'm not pissy, just stating exactly what I see in here that there are some elitist Rubi owners who look down upon Sahara owners. Like I said, I dont need their validation but it does get tiring seeing it. Their shit stinks like mine and we put our pants on one leg at a time.
Here's what I dont understand; what does it matter what those people buy their Jeep for? They've worked hard to gather the resources required to purchase a Jeep. They surely can spend it the way they wish to spend it. Them buying Jeeps helps keep American workers employed and keeping FCA giving us options to add to our vehicles if we so wish to have them.
you forgot the mic drop emoji

Voodoobones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport JL
I bought a 2019 Wrangler Sport, but I am now realizing it wasn't a normal Sport. I think it has more than what a basic Sport has. I wanted specific things in my Wrangler and it was difficult to find what I wanted without ordering something special from the factory.

The dealer found one that had close to what I wanted. It was a Sport that was built for some reason that had the following:

Ocean Blue Metallic C/C

Bumper Module I

Wheel Flare/DRL Parts Module

Grille Module

Door Trim Panel Module

Glass Module

Center Console Parts Module

Front Fascias Parts Module

Seat Parts Module

Instrument Panel Parts Module

Door Parts Module

Front End Parts Module

Front Suspension Parts Module

Rear Suspension Parts Module

Tire & Wheel Parts Module

Frame Parts Module

Courtesy Lamps

Front Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp

Ft Side Marker/Side Repeater Lamp

Front Fog Lamps

Cargo Lamp

CHMSL Lamp

Halogen Headlamps

Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System

Molded Black Front Bumper

Incandescent Taillamps

Body Color Grille

Dana M186 Front Axle

Blow Molded Black Rear Bumper

Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications

Tire Pressure Monitoring Display

Conventional Differential Frt Axle

Front Floor Mats

GVW Rating - 4900#

Uconnect 3 with 5" Display

Zone 70-Phoenix Arizona

Black Door Handles

17.5 Gallon Fuel Tank

Washington Sold to State Code

120 MPH Primary Speedometer

Black Front Frame Overlay

JL/5403 Vehicle Family

Left Hand Drive (LHD)

Four Wheel Drive (4WD)/(4X4)

Front Seat Back Map Pockets

Driver and Passenger Assist Handles

Illuminated Cupholders

12V Auxiliary Power Outlet

Auxiliary 12-Volt Rear Power Outlet

Locking Glove Box

Two Door

U.S. Dealer Retail

Fixed Long Mast Antenna

Short Wheel Base (SWB)

8 Speakers

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes

Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls

Media Hub (USB, Aux)

Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices

Remote USB Port

Hydraulic Assist Brake Booster

Sport Bar

Full Metal Doors w/Roll-up Windows

Price Class L

Single Top Package

2019 Vehicle Specifications

Outside Temperature Gauge

Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert

Vehicle Information Center

Headlamp Off Time Delay

Speed Control

Cluster 3.5" TFT B&W Display

Base Interior Accents

2 Front & 1 Rear Tow Hooks

Power Steering

Traction Control

Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Normal Duty Suspension

Electronic Stability Control

Hill Start Assist

Electronic Roll Mitigation

Trailer Sway Damping

Dual Note Electric Horns

Fuel Filler Bezel - Black

Vehicle Order Tracking

Silver Platinum I/P Bezels

Manual 6-Way Driver Seat

Tinted Windshield Glass

Washington Ship to State Code

Front Door Tinted Glass

Tilt/Telescope Steering Column

Front Seat Area Carpet

Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield

Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield

Torx Tool Kit

Transmission Skid Plate

R1234YF A/C Refrigerant

Tethered Fuel Filler Cap

Protective Coating and Remover

Frt Pass Seat - Manual Adjust 4-Way

Black Exterior Mirrors

Full Size Spare Tire

Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorage

Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags

Monotone Paint

Low Back Bucket Seats

Easy Access Driver Seat

Easy Access Passenger Seat

Reclining Front Seats

Driver Height Adjuster Seat

Occupant Classification System

Manual 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust

Matching Spare Wheel

Rear Folding Seat

RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating

Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags

Front Stabilizer Bar

Rear Stabilizer Bar

Rear Seat/Wheelhouse/Cargo Carpet

Cargo Tie Down Loops

Rear Compartment Storage Tray

Trail Rated Badge

Accent Color Fender Flares

Jeep Badge

Wrangler Sport Decal

Full Length Floor Console

ParkView Rear Back-up Camera

Outside Tire Carrier

3.45 Overall Top Gear Ratio

Storage Tray

Dana M220 Rear Axle

Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System

Pushbutton Start

Jeep Wave Owner Care (N/A Fleet)

Urethane Shift Knob

Rear View Day/Night Mirror

U.S. Specifications Label

English/USA Language

Hood Insulation

I don't know how different my Sport is from a regular Sport. But I do love it!

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Pretty sure you missed the point entirely. But Ok. Keep being pissy if you like but it’s got nothing to do with Rubicon elitism. That kind of snobbery would lump Sport in with Sahara.

Ok , Ken.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Y'all are all missing the point. It has nothing to do with whether a Rubicon is better than a Sahara or whatever. It was about how the current lineup is confusing with overlapping features and special editions and that the things that make the Sahara really great are not standard.

In some ways I think the Bronco has vindicated me on that. They have one too many trim levels and they group their options into meaningless packages. But they do offer a lot of standard options on the Outer Banks which is their Sahara equivalent. For example, LED lighting, Heated Seats, Driver Assist, and Remote Start.

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Y'all are all missing the point. It has nothing to do with whether a Rubicon is better than a Sahara or whatever. It was about how the current lineup is confusing with overlapping features and special editions and that the things that make the Sahara really great are not standard.

In some ways I think the Bronco has vindicated me on that. They have one too many trim levels and they group their options into meaningless packages. But they do offer a lot of standard options on the Outer Banks which is their Sahara equivalent. For example, LED lighting, Heated Seats, Driver Assist, and Remote Start.
Ok Ken

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I'll agree with that. I believe all the variation of packages with overlapping features is all a marketing ploy. "what can we do to get more people in the doors to buy our vehicles?"

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

What would you consider luxury items on a Wrangler? When I hear luxury, I'm thinking Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Caddy, Lincoln, etc.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.