First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A sport rubicon or Sahara rubicon?
A real Rubicon. The only Rubicon. In honor of the passionate few who worked tirelessly to not only create it, but to ensure that it would remain available to like minded fellow jeepers. It should remain the way they meant it to be, it's own submodel.

Cudaclay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLU
Yes it does.

Advanced Safety Group has
  • Advanced Brake Assist
  • Full Speed Forward Collision Warn Plus
  • Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop (Unavailable with some configurations)
  • Automatic High-Beam Headlamp Control (Unavailable with some configurations)
  • Enhanced Adaptive Cruise Control (Unavailable with some configurations)

20200630_160037.jpg
Sorry. You are correct. However when I optioned my 2019 out only the Sahara showed that and I couldn't do the configuration on the sport.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
center armrests with extra padding
The first thing I remove. A compact electric cooler goes there. Anything else there is simply stupid. Put a pillow on top if you need an armrest. As you can see, leaving the console in makes it too high for an armrest. Fridgeless consoles are the most stupid accessory foisted by manufacturers. I sold mine to a fool for $100! The market offers a number of choices regarding compact coolers. A little ice in these things does well and the ice stays around all day.

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/aleko-9-can-mini-car-fridge-compact-cooler-alek2873.html

Jeep Wrangler JL I don't get the Sahara TooHigh

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure your definition of luxurious, but in my mind luxurious is not associated with wrangler. I have no idea why they are adding all of confusing editions.
You know why?? Because they can. Don't get me wrong, I think it muddles the trims when there are so many "editions", but Jeep can do what they want and get away with it because we the people will buy.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So hear me out. The Sahara is maybe the street Wrangler, or sometimes referred to as the more luxurious Wrangler.

But if you look at the 2021 order guide there is barely anything you can get on a Sahara you can't get on a Sport. And the few things you can't (body colored fenders, body colored top) you can get on a Rubicon.

At this point the trims don't make any sense. It's not that a Sahara is bad, it is that the things that would make the Sahara a meaningful trim don't come standard. Leather seats, safety packages, premium soft top or body color hard top, headliners, alpine, 8.4 infotainment, LED lights. These should all be standard on the Sahara.

As it is they have to offer everything they offer on a Sahara on a Rubicon because Rubicon owners have to get whatever they want. Otherwise they pout.

Ideally, Jeep would have three core trims:

Base - Like Sport today
Mid-Tier - Like Sport S today but with a better name
Luxury - Sahara with the standard features above

Rubicon should be an off-road package that can be added to any of the above. Truly special vehicles like the Mojave would be a trim level with its own set of options.

Tell me I'm wrong.

(Edited because I didn't realize that Selec-Trac is available on the Sport.)
I agree. When I got my 2018 the sahara was the perfect mix but if I had a chance to buy again now it would either be a rubicon or a willys.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The only Rubicon. In honor of the passionate few who worked tirelessly to not only create it,
The 90s after market created the Rubicon. Lifts; 33"+tires; 4:10 or better gearing; Detroit lockers, ARBs etc.; all common in the '90s on serious CJs. Bronco had it right 66-74, then they screwed it up. "Available options during the 10-year production of the first Bronco included a CB radio, an auxiliary gas tank, a power take-off, a winch and a post-hole digger." The post hole digger allowed you to stick something into the ground to winch to. Jeep indeed, finally caught on by 2004. Saw the "Rescue" concept in a 2004 car show.
https://moparinsiders.com/inside-design-2004-jeep-rescue-concept/

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The first thing I remove. A compact electric cooler goes there. Anything else there is simply stupid. Put a pillow on top if you need an armrest. As you can see, leaving the console in makes it too high for an armrest. Fridgeless consoles are the most stupid accessory foisted by manufacturers. I sold mine to a fool for $100! The market offers a number of choices regarding compact coolers. A little ice in these things does well and the ice stays around all day.

https://www.wayfair.com/outdoor/pdp/aleko-9-can-mini-car-fridge-compact-cooler-alek2873.html

Oh Gawd...a $50,000 JL meets the JC Whitney catalog...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Let me explain:
Using JC Whitney as a derogation (Oh Gawd...a $50,000 JL meets the JC Whitney catalog.) toward my suggestion regarding a better use of space in an expensive vehicle, I used the metaphor "empty suit" to describe a fridgeless console as something lacking substance or purpose occupying precious space. Much like your response to my opinion. Got it?

Go.fukk.yourself

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Go.fukk.yourself
Preach. You can replace your center console with a cooler, or you can act like better-than-y'all high society. No middle ground lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.