I don't get the Sahara

Kyanche

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Kinda reminds me of my anvil JK :D

Edit: Except my JK was a sahara and had the polished wheels. I liked that though! But not those little chrome grille inserts. those are yucky lol.

Advertisement

Kyanche

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So they walk around to the blue Renegade , next to the blue Compass ;)
I can't remember the last time I saw an ocean blue renegade or compass around here. The chances of one showing up at the same food place at the same time is pretty low lol.

Alh84

First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep jl
I bought a New 2018 Sport Jl In August oof 2019. It has all the bells and whistles my buddies Sahara has except for the painted fenders and roof. I see no reason to buy a Sahara.
U don’t have everything a fully loaded Sahara has and the painted fenders and roof are reason enough to buy the Sahara the black fenders and roof look cheap.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
U don’t have everything a fully loaded Sahara has and the painted fenders and roof are reason enough to buy the Sahara the black fenders and roof look cheap.
Indeed. Another is to get the nicer interior parts: the extra padded door armrests and center console with matched stitching on the dashboard, shifter boot and steering wheel; the larger screen, fancy HVAC, etc.

1593520299076.jpeg

Inside my Sahara looks and feels nicer than some so-called “luxurious” cars I owned in the past.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
IROC-Z? Or was that a late 80's thing? I was a young Mustang 5.0 fan boy at the time but respected all things fast.....
Well if you're an older guy, like me, we could talk Yenko COPO 427 Camaro circa 1969.

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
Look. It's simple, really.

If you want to wave at other Jeeps, you get the Sport S and choose the option packages.

If you don't ever wave at other Jeeps, you get the Sahara.

OR SO IT SEEMS
Okay, thats wrong !

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )
I bought a New 2018 Sport Jl In August oof 2019. It has all the bells and whistles my buddies Sahara has except for the painted fenders and roof. I see no reason to buy a Sahara.
Funny, we have 2 Saharas and the reason we went with that trim was the color matching fenders. Plus we needed selec trac for winter. Go figure.
IMG_0741.JPG

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Black hard top is the way to go. I'd be too worried about all of the branches scratching the paint when I'm off road.

OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2005 Jeep Liberty
Funny, we have 2 Saharas and the reason we went with that trim was the color matching fenders. Plus we needed selec trac for winter. Go figure.
IMG_0741.JPG
Now you can get Selec Trac on the Sport. So it is only the color-matched fenders and hard top that delineate the Sahara. But the color matched hard-top isn't standard.

OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Indeed. Another is to get the nicer interior parts: the extra padded door armrests and center console with matched stitching on the dashboard, shifter boot and steering wheel; the larger screen, fancy HVAC, etc.

1593520299076.jpeg

Inside my Sahara looks and feels nicer than some so-called “luxurious” cars I owned in the past.
I agree. I think that should be the standard interior on a Sahara.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now you can get Selec Trac on the Sport. So it is only the color-matched fenders and hard top that delineate the Sahara. But the color matched hard-top isn't standard.
I'm sure he'll trade both in right now... :giggle:

OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure he'll trade both in right now... :giggle:
No clearly he likes the Sahara look with the color matched so that is a good reason to buy a Sahara.

Selec Trac was a good reason too. So was 8.4 Infotainment, leather seats, Led headlights, HD Brakes, 18-inch wheels, one-touch top, etc. I am just saying that now it is much more jumbled.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No clearly he likes the Sahara look with the color matched so that is a good reason to buy a Sahara.

Selec Trac was a good reason too. So was 8.4 Infotainment, leather seats, Led headlights, HD Brakes, 18-inch wheels, one-touch top, etc. I am just saying that now it is much more jumbled.
Much more jumbled yes. I would say the Sahara bundles all of that together and simplifies the purchasing process off the lot. You CAN order a Sport S with absolutely everything on it that puts it in an overlap with the Sahara and Rubicon pricing and equipment (minus the goodies only on the Rubi) but how many dealers get those instead of a group with a variety of options that are priced below their stock of Saharas.
I think the Sahara still makes sense in that context, but I do see your point. I just did a build and price on this Sport S that got it up to 57 grand by clicking pretty much every single option. At that point, I would say why not Rubicon?

1593524179152.png

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...DH,RC4,CMD,CBQ,NHK,MRU,RSD,MHJ,X9,PBM,26S,APA

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Much more jumbled yes. I would say the Sahara bundles all of that together and simplifies the purchasing process off the lot. You CAN order a Sport S with absolutely everything on it that puts it in an overlap with the Sahara and Rubicon pricing and equipment (minus the goodies only on the Rubi) but how many dealers get those instead of a group with a variety of options that are priced below their stock of Saharas.
I think the Sahara still makes sense in that context, but I do see your point. I just did a build and price on this Sport S that got it up to 57 grand by clicking pretty much every single option. At that point, I would say why not Rubicon?

1593524179152.png

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.html#/buil...DH,RC4,CMD,CBQ,NHK,MRU,RSD,MHJ,X9,PBM,26S,APA
About a year ago. I priced out a no option Rubicon and a Sport S with options to make it as close to a no option Rubicon as possible. The S came in about $4K less. With what you still got over the Sport S, the Rubicon was a bargain IMO. The Sport S still missed front D44, Lockers, 4:1 transfer case, high fenders, little bit of lift, larger tires, etc.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
About a year ago. I priced out a no option Rubicon and a Sport S with options to make it as close to a no option Rubicon as possible. The S came in about $4K less. With what you still got over the Sport S, the Rubicon was a bargain IMO. The Sport S still missed front D44, Lockers, 4:1 transfer case, high fenders, little bit of lift, larger tires, etc.
Yeah, I think matching option for option that Sport S I built would clear 60 grand as a Rubicon. The Diesel engine would be the biggest chunk of that, lol. But it would still have the advantage of the Rock Trak transfer case, the lockers, suspension, dissconnects ect.