Not open for further replies.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
You forgot the High Altidude Rubicon that will have lockers and sway bar disconnect but 20" wheels and HT tires.
There is NO WAY that I would buy the High Altitude Rubicon alone. No way. it MUST also be the Freedom Recon because I really want the soap dispenser oh, and the Mopar washable diaper basket.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
And then when you're average uninformed customer walks in, how do they make sense of what trim has what, and what they should keep their eye out for?
Honestly, most people just have a few things they want: a certain color, maybe stuff like remote start and heated seats, and possibly some of the new safety tech. I really think the vast majority of people, even those buying jeeps, aren't super concerned with the color/size of the wheels and tires, what type of differential, etc.

My wife is looking for a new car right now and this is her list of wants: "funky" color like green (shade the Kona has she likes), AWD, remote start, heated seats. Beyond that she doesn't really care. We're looking at stuff like the Kona, the Tiguan, possibly that new small Kia crossover.

I really think that's how the majority of car buyers approach things. They're not really car people, so they just kind of have a few things they're looking for. With jeeps you could also get into the roof types, yea, but I highly doubt your average suburban jeep buyer even knows most of what they're buying. I bet there are people on this forum who don't even know all of what they bought, and that's fine.

My point is: average buyer on a jeep lot, salesman shows them a model that has the stuff they want, it's the color they want, maybe has a few random other things, but they don't care whether it's called a "sahara" or "high altitude" or "willys." It looks nice, has the options they want, now onto price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just wait. There is a reference to the Islander in the 2021 Order Guide.
But you will have to check two separate boxes of you want stickers on both sides of the hood...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I think there needs to be more packages. Feast your eyes on the Wrangler SRT-4 package:

2-door only
2.0 only
manual or auto transmission (with paddle shifters of course)
eTorque, but with a way more powerful BSG
full-time AWD with low-range AWD
Rubicon width axles & brakes, 4.10 ratio
JT steering box
20" high altitude wheels
Hardtop only, with painted everything
Sport height suspension with better shocks
Mojave seats & steering wheel
Cheesy SRT-4 hood graphics
On second thought, it's too bad Jeep used the Renegade name as a model... This body kit really fits the SRT-4 style perfectly.

Jeep Wrangler JL I don't get the Sahara {filename}

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
On second thought, it's too bad Jeep used the Renegade name as a model... This body kit really fits the SRT-4 style perfectly.

Jeep Wrangler JL I don't get the Sahara {filename}
Yeah this...this was not so good.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well that's cool. It would have been nice to have one of those before going to the dealership to order mine. You can go in knowing what you want to add. I didn't get to see an actual order list until I was there to do it. I picked all my options using the build tool and wrote them down.
Yeah the build tool is garbage.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I went and priced out a Sport S and a Sahara, as similarly as I could to the Rubicon i purchased a few weeks ago.

So with all the features I would choose in terms of packages, options and features.
Rubicon MSRP is about 57k
Sahara is about 49.5K
Sport S is about 48.9K.

moving from the Rubicon to the Sahara, I lose lockers, gear ratios, suspension features, wheels and tire packages. But you gain a nicer leather dash, depending on your perspective.

moving from the Sahara to the sport S, you lose color matched fenders, you go back to a plastic painted dash, and then you are forced to take sky one touch (Because I want the 8 inch screen with the nicer tech and sound system), and you are forced to choose the mopar perf leather instead of standard leather.

I think the Sahara and Rubicon relationship make pretty good sense. You go from a city/comfort vibe to a very off road capable vibe and the price deltas seem reasonable.

I think if were to word this subject differently, I would say "I don't get the fully loaded Sport S".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.