Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Thank you.

I am specifically looking for a new 2019, 2020 Black Unlimited Sport with the 4 cylinder, hard top and power windows. That’s it.

Trying to get closest to $32k as possible.
This might be difficult but not impossible. In my area, within 500 miles, a new JLU Sport with hard top and power windows would be at least $35k. I was looking at V6 models, I don't know how much different the I4 might be.

My strategy was to decide how far I would be willing to travel then search online within that distance- cars.com, autotrader.com, cargurus.com. Pick anything that is within your criteria and start sending out emails. Some dealers will come back with a price, some won't. If there are cars you want that you don't get legitimate emails on then start making phone calls. For the dealers that you find interesting, search for independent reviews. Not all dealers are honest with their pricing. Then go buy it.
I found that it is also worthwhile to check websites for any dealers reasonably local to you, I found quite a few dealers in my area that don't list on the cars.com, etc. websites.
In my area I did not find many new or used 2018 and 2019, and the ones that I did find were not much lower than 2020 models. Your area might be different.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
This might be difficult but not impossible. In my area, within 500 miles, a new JLU Sport with hard top and power windows would be at least $35k. I was looking at V6 models, I don't know how much different the I4 might be.

My strategy was to decide how far I would be willing to travel then search online within that distance- cars.com, autotrader.com, cargurus.com. Pick anything that is within your criteria and start sending out emails. Some dealers will come back with a price, some won't. If there are cars you want that you don't get legitimate emails on then start making phone calls. For the dealers that you find interesting, search for independent reviews. Not all dealers are honest with their pricing. Then go buy it.
I found that it is also worthwhile to check websites for any dealers reasonably local to you, I found quite a few dealers in my area that don't list on the cars.com, etc. websites.
In my area I did not find many new or used 2018 and 2019, and the ones that I did find were not much lower than 2020 models. Your area might be different.
Yeah, I am finding it difficult to get one within driving distance under $37k. And I am being told that I don’t qualify for some of the incentives because of the state i live in.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah, I am finding it difficult to get one within driving distance under $37k. And I am being told that I don’t qualify for some of the incentives because of the state i live in.
Think of it this way. You don’t have the pay $4k in ttl like you do in ca.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Think of it this way. You don’t have the pay $4k in ttl like you do in ca.

I’m being told I can purchase a vehicle in California and won’t have to pay the tax, as long as I drive it off their lot and register in Oregon.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I’m being told I can purchase a vehicle in California and won’t have to pay the tax, as long as I drive it off their lot and register in Oregon.
Im saying as a CA resident I would have to Pay about $4k in tax title and license fees you do not have to on a $36-37k purchase.
As an Oregon resident you can purchase the JL from any state and only pay OR fees. Be Thankful!!
Sponsored