Sponsored

I couldn't get it all in

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Oil that is- I couldn't get all of the oil in.

I went to the local parts store, bought a mopar filter and 5qt jug of oil. Drained the old oil out, cold, and went on with that. The oil that came out wouldn't all fit back in the puffed out 5 quart jug, lacked about half a cup. This was my first oil change, I bought the vehicle used from a dealer in another city, it had been in their loaner fleet. The car hs 7500 miles on it, the sticker on the windshield said service due 8300 miles, the instrument panel said 60% oil life. I don't know when they did the oil change but they are likely recommending a fairly short oil change interval. I'm about to take a long trip and thought I should start out new. The dealer obviously had more than 5 quarts in there but maybe not a full 6 quarts?
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oil that is- I couldn't get all of the oil in.

I went to the local parts store, bought a mopar filter and 5qt jug of oil. Drained the old oil out, cold, and went on with that. The oil that came out wouldn't all fit back in the puffed out 5 quart jug, lacked about half a cup. This was my first oil change, I bought the vehicle used from a dealer in another city, it had been in their loaner fleet. The car hs 7500 miles on it, the sticker on the windshield said service due 8300 miles, the instrument panel said 60% oil life. I don't know when they did the oil change but they are likely recommending a fairly short oil change interval. I'm about to take a long trip and thought I should start out new. The dealer obviously had more than 5 quarts in there but maybe not a full 6 quarts?
I wouldnt worry too much about it. Obviously overfilled, but if it was by less than a quart you should be fine.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Fist off a heartfelt Giggity on the title, but second I wouldn't sweat it. Like was stated, probably over filled.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Bought used? Someone gave it the dealer optional 6qt oil change last time.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
What, nobody going to say it?? Classic joke?? Am I the only one who read the title of the thread and thought it??
It deserves a classic "That's what she said" response.
Sponsored