Sponsored

I change my mind...I don't want to share the JL with the wife anymore.

jmcgarcia777

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram Limited, 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara, 2017 BMW X4
So.... we bought a Jeep so we would could do some fun things together and now three weeks into this we are scheduling out who gets to drive it on what days. We both have a daily driver and I think we have put more gas in the Jeep than the other two combine since the purchase. I've even tried to rationalized in my head that I should try to sell my truck and get another Jeep...so I don't have to share.
So my question is, does anyone have to share with their significant other and why does owning a JL make you want to spend money you don't have?

P.S. Honey, if you read this post, I love you but....
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Lift it high enough that it is a challenge to get in, put some mud tires, and keep the top and doors off as much as possible. Make it look manlier and less like a Barbie Jeep, so people ask her if that’s her husband’s Jeep all the time. That will dissuade her grabbing for the keys and save you another payment. Ah hell, just buy her one and make it so you have a two door and four door to choose from!

Bgruss75

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (Burned-up 14JUL)
Occupation
Busy
Bought the wife a JL a month ago. Drove hers a couple times and went and got myself one too! We each have our own so there ain’t no bickering or hiding of each other’s keys. But....the first time she drove mine it caught fire :facepalm: So I definitely ain’t gonna let her drive the next one :no:

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My wife is afraid of hurting my Jeep. I rock crawl in it for pete's sake!

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Ummmmm, I think we are in the same boat.
I have a built 13 cummins ram 2500, my wife has a sweet tuned and modded 17 explorer sport.

I keep telling myself I will share nicely but now that our JLUR arrived I’m not sure I can do that

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Your going about this all wrong!

Let her start using it as much as she wants!

Don’t be too obvious about it, maybe a little more and more over time!

After she is finally using it 80% of the time, it time to go get the 2019 Rubi for yourself since she has taken over the other one!

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
My wife drives a 2018 Raptor as a daily driver so it’s not really an issue

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Lift it high enough that it is a challenge to get in, put some mud tires, and keep the top and doors off as much as possible. Make it look manlier and less like a Barbie Jeep, so people ask her if that’s her husband’s Jeep all the time. That will dissuade her grabbing for the keys and save you another payment. Ah hell, just buy her one and make it so you have a two door and four door to choose from!
THIS. lol

I bought mine and she LOVES it. The first thing she said is dont lift it and put bigger tires on, keep it just like this. Thinking your plan will work, heck in a way I think shes right. I would really hate if a lift and bigger tires ruin the power and feel of it now.

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
I am partially considering a manual transmission because my wife cannot drive one. She has demanded that if we go manual I have to teach her.

I don't want her burning out a clutch...

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm buying the manual version so my wife can't drive it. Problem solved.
Nope, didn't work here...drives my manual :/

Wife always saying she hasn't driven it in a long time...which is less than a week. LOL

She drives it to work occasional, but also takes it for after work errands and on the weekend every single time she leaves the house, haha.

Oh well, glad she supported the buy what you want, so I can't complain!

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Bought the wife a JL a month ago. Drove hers a couple times and went and got myself one too! We each have our own so there ain’t no bickering or hiding of each other’s keys. But....the first time she drove mine it caught fire :facepalm: So I definitely ain’t gonna let her drive the next one :no:
OK got to ask, how and why did it catch fire?
Sponsored