First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Guitars & Drums
Definitely sagging. Little to no gear in the back of the jeep - I had "the dealership" that sold me that trailer - the big national one - install and set up the hitch; You think there's some optimization that can be done???
Oh absolutely!! Which WDH did you get?
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
The engine is in the rear on the side by side. Looks like a hitch with less droop would help pick the tongue up a little also. Just not to much as you want some weight on the rear. Unlike the other pic with the camper, it looks like there's no tongue weight on it. I'd prefer a little more tongue weight than none. Wait til your going downhill and off the accelerator. Not fun

AlexJeep90

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport S
If you’re going to do this more in the future, may I recommend you either mod the trailer to move the axle forward and reduce tongue weight, or maybe it’s a simple as backing your toy onto the trailer instead so the engine is more or less over the wheels instead of way out in front.

That amount of squat has me very concerned for your safety.

Could also add a second axle on that trailer, further forward.
I just put 4 door springs on it and will be loading less gear in the back next trip

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just put 4 door springs on it and will be loading less gear in the back next trip
Even with stiffer springs it’s still too much tongue weight. Just hiding the appearance.

Treat the cause not the symptom. Can’t beat physics. It’s going to reduce steering effectiveness when you need it most.