imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
That's normal. It's a Jeep thing.
This is not normal for any vehicle regardless of the manufacture or make or price tag take this vehicle back and demand that they repaint those areas that the factory canā€™t seem to get right and also ask the service manager if he would find this acceptable on his $65,000 JL wrangler unlimited Rubicon let us know what he tells you
Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
This is not normal for any vehicle regardless of the manufacture or make or price tag take this vehicle back and demand that they repaint those areas that the factory canā€™t seem to get right and also ask the service manager if he would find this acceptable on his $65,000 JL wrangler unlimited Rubicon let us know what he tells you
when my 1997 TJ was delivered after ordering. The Moss Green Metallic paint was flawless. and they wonder why I still have my TJ.....btw. The front defrost works perfectly.....Even during the blizzard of 1998.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
This is disappointing....
And what's worse is these paint issues are not even being addressed on the manufacturing level. Still today, a new 2021 Jeep will not have paint underneath the hinges. A profit margin driven tactic. Quality and durability were not factored in.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
These Jeeps are pricey, and some cost more than German made vehicles...if anyone thinks this is acceptable for a brand that has been around for decades they are wrong...bring it back and demand for a repair. If anything, the process should be BETTER than other vehicles due to the fact that some take these off road..

Sponsored

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Give your local dealer one or two cracks at getting it fixed. Keep detailed records of who you talked to, what they said, and when they said it. After the second time start a case with Jeep. Wait a month after that then make an appointment with a local attorney and go from there. Don't threaten your local dealer with an attorney or they will clam up and do nothing from then on out.

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
Make them give you a new door? Any repair, I would make sure I get in writing what the expectation for performance going forward is- ie how long the fix should last.

OP
OP
geem03

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
So I went to the dealer....I have to say my local dealer has always been good to deal with. Little to no backlash when approached with issues with my Jeep.

Same goes for today. I arrived, was directed to the body shop. I told him my concerns and he said nodding his head "the hinges right?" I replied no.... he said "it's around the hinges right?" I replied.... No..... it's on the backside of the door. He said "I don't believe it!" Once he saw it, he said he had never seen it there before. He even pointed out a spot on around my hinge that I didn't notice. He was convinced this was corrosion and not damage to the door that initiated this bubbling.

He took pictures and is going to send them to FCA to get approval of warranty work. He said he doesn't see an issue with approval.

And what's worse is these paint issues are not even being addressed on the manufacturing level. Still today, a new 2021 Jeep will not have paint underneath the hinges. A profit margin driven tactic. Quality and durability were not factored in.
He said it's been an issue with dodge/ ram/ Chrysler for a long time....

He said it really is an issue with poor sealant application and that they will remove the corrosion, apply sealant and then paint. As far as warranty, I am covered for 5 years/160 000km (whichever comes first)..... it'll be mileage for me...

So I should hear from him in a week or so....

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
So I went to the dealer....I have to say my local dealer has always been good to deal with. Little to no backlash when approached with issues with my Jeep.

Same goes for today. I arrived, was directed to the body shop. I told him my concerns and he said nodding his head "the hinges right?" I replied no.... he said "it's around the hinges right?" I replied.... No..... it's on the backside of the door. He said "I don't believe it!" Once he saw it, he said he had never seen it there before. He even pointed out a spot on around my hinge that I didn't notice. He was convinced this was corrosion and not damage to the door that initiated this bubbling.

He took pictures and is going to send them to FCA to get approval of warranty work. He said he doesn't see an issue with approval.

He said it really is an issue with poor sealant application and that they will remove the corrosion, apply sealant and then paint. As far as warranty, I am covered for 5 years/160 000km (whichever comes first)..... it'll be mileage for me...

This was the experience i had with my dealer as well. My rep didnt even try and convince me it was my fault. He took pics and 2 months later it was almost all set. Glad to see you got a good dealer as well.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just kiddin guys. A little sarcasm. This has been the dealer line and fanboy line response to all kinds of issues from rediculously loose steering, death wobble, water leaking door seals, etc. . My opinion is that a JL is a great concept that has an abnormal quantity of design and quality issues, as compared to pretty much any other vehicle in the same price range. It gets a free pass from many people because of it's unique capabilities. Right or Wrong.

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport

Thanks for letting us know Gary. Because of this thread I checked my doors and found out some bubbles in the same area! I also have some on one of the hinges, and since Iā€™m due for an oil change in March Iā€™ll take care of that too.

4EE8FCA7-3038-480B-93CD-D5BA0921741D.jpeg

A5C2877B-5760-49F7-B91B-EDBAB5EAA869.jpeg

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On March 1st, mine will celebrate 3 consecutive months being in the shop for multiple botched attempts at fixing this issue.
At 3 months to fix paint, they are just punishing you for complaining. They are telling you that, if you complain, they will make you wait for your Jeep a long time. Complain again, wait longer. You can get a full paint job in a fraction of that time.
Sponsored