Sponsored

I can literally see the Milestar Patagonia tires wearing!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Yeah I was kinda new to following people on YouTube and had no idea what whores people are.
What? Who wouldn't promote a tire/part if sponsorship by companies was how they earned a living? It's their job...I'm happy they support their products with legit wheelin videos. Also, if you chose a tire solely based on watching one youtube channel where they openly disclose that Milestar sponsors them, that's a problem.

Is Peyton Manning a whore for doing Papa John's commercials?
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What? Who wouldn't promote a tire/part if sponsorship by companies was how they earned a living? It's their job...I'm happy they support their products with legit wheelin videos. Also, if you chose a tire solely based on watching one youtube channel where they openly disclose that Milestar sponsors them, that's a problem.

The true question is do you think Peton Manning actually eats Papa John's pizza.

At least Litebrite wheels what they promote, and wheels harder than 99% of the people on this forum.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The true question is do you think Peton Manning actually eats Papa John's pizza.

At least Litebrite wheels what they promote, and wheels harder than 99% of the people on this forum.
Agreed....Peyton seems like a pizza hut kind of guy..

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
They are not whores, they are sales people. Their job is to sell products via their Youtube content. This is no different than any other actor you watch on conventional TV. The Milestar are great free tires. Not so great if you are paying full price for them and then paying to get them mounted on bead lock wheels.
One thing I wish all of these types of people would do is clarify that. There are some who do, they will straight up say I paid full price for these or I got a massive discount. Because the guy who gets a massive discount or even free product... I'm going to weigh his opinion less than the guy who took his own cash and shelled it out for a product. He's got skin in the game and his opinion will weigh more with me.
We are pulling the trigger on Cooper STTs and also the KMC 233 beadlocks for the Mrs. jeep. Will be selling the DV8 beadlocks with TPMS sensors and the Pats on them to recoup some $$

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
They are not whores, they are sales people. Their job is to sell products via their Youtube content. This is no different than any other actor you watch on conventional TV. The Milestar are great free tires. Not so great if you are paying full price for them and then paying to get them mounted on bead lock wheels.
"I was kinda new to following people on YouTube". I guess you missed this part.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger

I started following them when all they had was the Land Cruiser and Brittney was working for Kevin with insurance claims. So yeah this was before the whole "whore" thing began. Thanks.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase

I don't know about Peyton, but back when I lived in Florida, I frequently saw Shaq gets takeouts from Papa John's.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I started following them when all they had was the Land Cruiser and Brittney was working for Kevin with insurance claims. So yeah this was before the whole "whore" thing began. Thanks.
I followed them until my wife caught me watch a video titled "bikini....shaft....naked....", and she angry destroyed my laptop, and now I am not allowed to watch anymore.

Just kidding.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Patagonia's are very low quality tires that perform well for the first 10k miles. A lot like Coopers and other brands.. THE best tires are made by TOYO and NITTO (toyo company).

I've had experience with BFG and Goodyear.. they just can't compare in the realm of tires we can buy (not race tires)
Other than maybe being slightly louder than new (id expect that being the case with all tires) I have no problems after over 20k miles on my SST Pros. Majority on road and then a little bit offroad at 5psi. Most people ive seen like them, not sure where you're getting the Cooper being subpar from. Also, I kind of like the fact that not a lot of people are "influencing them." I feel like anyone with over 5k subsribers on YouTube has Nitto or Milestar. I think the real influencers now a days are people who aren't paid to promote.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not BertJl or whatever... here's a pic of my fishing spot in CO yesterday. As you can see, I'm still stock (mostly) on 35'' toyo MT's. Pardon the smoke we have 300 sq miles of fires.

I AM a huge fan of Nitto and Toyo (Nittos parent company)

Jeep Wrangler JL I can literally see the Milestar Patagonia tires wearing! 1598218221257

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Oh is that you? I saw the instagram link and thought you were implying something. My apologies.

My name is Bert..

KodeMechanic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Found this thread while doing research for some new tires and it's steering me away from Patagonias. Sounds like they can act as a decent hybrid tire, unless you plan on changing pressure for every type of weather and road condition, it might not be worth the savings.

The tradeoffs as I see them...

recommended pressure = Quieter/less wear... but smaller contact patch with safety issues in wet weather.

lower pressure = better ride, no slipping around in the rain... but accelerated wear and noise.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Found this thread while doing research for some new tires and it's steering me away from Patagonias. Sounds like they can act as a decent hybrid tire, unless you plan on changing pressure for every type of weather and road condition, it might not be worth the savings.

The tradeoffs as I see them...

recommended pressure = Quieter/less wear... but smaller contact patch with safety issues in wet weather.

lower pressure = better ride, no slipping around in the rain... but accelerated wear and noise.
Yep, want to buy a set of 5? I just bought Coopers... lol.

If you run them at 34 psi they are decent but expect to quick wear and decent handling. They aren't that harsh to me because I don't have a fused neck like my wife does. I'm running them on my Jeep right now to smooth them back out and at 34 psi they aren't that bad and I am a pretty "spirited" driver. I haven't had them break loose in the rain because I am mindful of any of the big tires in the rain.
At this point I believe the price is going up on them so it's not all that great of a deal anymore. The Mrs. did love the off road, nice and grippy when they are on the new side.

If you are going to get a stupid low price then it might be worth it but if you are only $50 per tire away from teh cost of a Cooper it's not worth it.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yep, want to buy a set of 5? I just bought Coopers... lol.

If you run them at 34 psi they are decent but expect to quick wear and decent handling. They aren't that harsh to me because I don't have a fused neck like my wife does. I'm running them on my Jeep right now to smooth them back out and at 34 psi they aren't that bad and I am a pretty "spirited" driver. I haven't had them break loose in the rain because I am mindful of any of the big tires in the rain.
At this point I believe the price is going up on them so it's not all that great of a deal anymore. The Mrs. did love the off road, nice and grippy when they are on the new side.

If you are going to get a stupid low price then it might be worth it but if you are only $50 per tire away from teh cost of a Cooper it's not worth it.
I Just did a 4 hour drive from PA to DC in the rain. This is the first time driving them in the rain with the 34 PSI Milestar told me to run. Drove the speed limit and this thing was getting all kinds of lose in the rain. They suck.
Sponsored