Sponsored

I can literally see the Milestar Patagonia tires wearing!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
The more they wear the more road noise you'll get.

I also got REALLY weird wear at pressures in the low 20's, which should be PLENTY of pressure for a JL on 38x13.50s. Of course most will argue my wear could be due to the stock 7.5" wide wheels -- and I don't care to argue but the type of cupping and bubbling I was getting just wouldn't jive with narrow wheels as an explanation for me.

I've finally started running 30psi per LiteBrite's claims of speaking directly with MileStar. All I know is I don't have much to lose trying a higher pressure now.

Regardless this is definitely my first and last set of Pats
I’m on stock wheels as well but 37s.
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I’ve been running mine at 36-37 psi in primarily Texas heat. Wearing evenly but quickly so far.
Same here. 36 psi. I haven't noticed any irregular wear. I can say that unless you air down for any off road they aren't that impressive. But at about 18 psi, they are great off road. Not so great in the snow but doable if you have a heavy right foot. And I'm still a little concerned about wet pavement braking at 36 psi.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Same here. 36 psi. I haven't noticed any irregular wear. I can say that unless you air down for any off road they aren't that impressive. But at about 18 psi, they are great off road. Not so great in the snow but doable if you have a heavy right foot. And I'm still a little concerned about wet pavement braking at 36 psi.
My 22 year old shit box XJ with stock brakes can easily overwhelm the Pats 33s traction during braking on a slightly damp surface. I am like what the fuck, puny drum brakes for the win in the back and weak calipers in the front. Hold the fuck on and give yourself some room to stop. It would be one thing if the brakes were made for that big of a tire on the SBXJ, but they sadly are not and still overpower the Pats.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I wheeled at 37, 25, 18, 15, and 10 lbs so far. They did everything I needed them to. The chunking occurred at 37.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here's a shot of the weird round bubbles I was getting in the lugs (this of course isn't literal bubbling, like an air pocket - just a description). This was more prevalent on the front but was also happening on the rear, so that makes toe a hard argument to support

This was after about ~11k miles. If I get 22k out of these I'll be astonished - I bet at 20 I'll be tire shopping

IMG_20200817_132631613.jpg

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Another shot of funky wear -- again, maybe I was just too low at ~24psi

Even my 38's at Load Range C claim to be good for 3k# per tire, so if you ran max sidewall pressure you should be capable of supporting a 12k load, well over double what my JLUR weighs even loaded with camping gear, cooler, dogs etc

IMG_20200817_132645083.jpg

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a shot of the weird round bubbles I was getting in the lugs (this of course isn't literal bubbling, like an air pocket - just a description). This was more prevalent on the front but was also happening on the rear, so that makes toe a hard argument to support

This was after about ~11k miles. If I get 22k out of these I'll be astonished - I bet at 20 I'll be tire shopping

Jeep Wrangler JL I can literally see the Milestar Patagonia tires wearing! IMG_20200817_132645083
I see similar wackiness and regarding your other post you simply can't put these at 24 psi, it will trigger this to happen.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I've had a few sets of Pats on my JL and this last set wore out in about 15K miles. I was put in touch with Martin a events manager for Tireco and he said he would take care of me on my next set. This was in April and wasn't quite ready because I just put on an old set of Toyos. I hit him up a million times the beginning of June to put my order in and he's never answered my emails, text or phone calls. The last time I called he told the operator to tell me he would call me right back. I've never heard back. He's as bad as their tires. Maybe he'll see this and prove me wrong but until then I would never recommend Milestar tires. One more thing, these tires were not bad a year ago when you could buy 38s for $190 and 40s for $225. Now the prices have gotten to the point I can buy great tires for close to the same price. Clowns like litebrite who make a living out of pimping shit did this. Thanks for nothing Martin and Tireco.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I see similar wackiness and regarding your other post you simply can't put these at 24 psi, it will trigger this to happen.
Yeah you have to run a minimum of 34psi for daily driving.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'm riding on 37" milestars at 31-32psi with 2k miles on them and was driving in light rain today...tires were easily braking loose going around turns. Decided to go with it and work on powersliding. :handsinair: @mgroeger

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm riding on 37" milestars at 31-32psi with 2k miles on them and was driving in light rain today...tires were easily braking loose going around turns. Decided to go with it and work on powersliding. :handsinair: @mgroeger
LOL!!!!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I've had a few sets of Pats on my JL and this last set wore out in about 15K miles. I was put in touch with Martin a events manager for Tireco and he said he would take care of me on my next set. This was in April and wasn't quite ready because I just put on an old set of Toyos. I hit him up a million times the beginning of June to put my order in and he's never answered my emails, text or phone calls. The last time I called he told the operator to tell me he would call me right back. I've never heard back. He's as bad as their tires. Maybe he'll see this and prove me wrong but until then I would never recommend Milestar tires. One more thing, these tires were not bad a year ago when you could buy 38s for $190 and 40s for $225. Now the prices have gotten to the point I can buy great tires for close to the same price. Clowns like litebrite who make a living out of pimping shit did this. Thanks for nothing Martin and Tireco.
Pricing is what had me sold. When pricing gap becomes slimmer then it’s time to consider a better tire. I lmao at the litebrite comment. Agreed.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Pricing is what had me sold. When pricing gap becomes slimmer then it’s time to consider a better tire. I lmao at the litebrite comment. Agreed.
Yeah I was kinda new to following people on YouTube and had no idea what whores people are.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Yeah I was kinda new to following people on YouTube and had no idea what whores people are.
They are not whores, they are sales people. Their job is to sell products via their Youtube content. This is no different than any other actor you watch on conventional TV. The Milestar are great free tires. Not so great if you are paying full price for them and then paying to get them mounted on bead lock wheels.
Sponsored