I can’t freakin decide! HELP!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I would never try to drive our mini in the snow.... not what it's for.
Oh boy I'd have to disagree with you here. I had a Mini Cooper 4X drive and would spend the entire day driving that thing in the snow just for the fun of it. It never once got stuck even when I was in MA for work and it snowed 30".
Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
LOL now you’re giving me ideas 🤔 I’m actually heading to the dealership in a couple days and I’m nervous AF about the pricing. You think it’s going to be impossible to get them down to 40k?
94ED6465-B4DB-428D-BC28-E12C0E0ED15C.png
If you get a Sahara for 40k I'm going to be plenty pissed, since I just ordered my JLU Sport-s for 40K. No one on here yet has been able to tell me if this is a good price or not.

DenverFlash

First Name
Frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK 2 door
I commuted to work for 15 years in VW GTI's that I loved, but this summer I decided to sell my latest GTI and get a Wrangler JK 2-door. I have no regrets. I love the versatility and visibility of my Jeep, but I do miss the speed. But I'm currently building a '32 Coupe with a blown stroker motor just for fun!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I commuted to work for 15 years in VW GTI's that I loved, but this summer I decided to sell my latest GTI and get a Wrangler JK 2-door. I have no regrets. I love the versatility and visibility of my Jeep, but I do miss the speed. But I'm currently building a '32 Coupe with a blown stroker motor just for fun!
Welcome to the forum!

If you want the adrenaline rush of speed, just get the Wrangler 392. With close to 500 HP/500 lbs of torque, 1-inch lift, 33-inch tires, wobbly steering and soft off-road suspension, it will either kill you of a heart attack or get your driver’s license revoked.

:LOL:

Sponsored

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Oh boy I'd have to disagree with you here. I had a Mini Cooper 4X drive and would spend the entire day driving that thing in the snow just for the fun of it. It never once got stuck even when I was in MA for work and it snowed 30".
Yeah our mini is the 3 cylinder FWD lol.

lived in Michigan and our previous vehicles were
97 Grand Prix
95 Pontiac trans Am
99 grand Cherokee
00 VW beetle
13 VW Beetle
14 GMC Terrain AWD
18 JLUS
19 Mini 4 Dr Hardtop

used to drive the Trans Am in the snow for a couple years and the ice and snow caused me to get the grand Cherokee. I still own the Trans Am by the way.

my point is that I’ll just buy another vehicle If I move to another area where it snows. Now we just drive the JL if going anywhere with snow risk.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I love that someone else is going through the same conundrum as me!

I have a 2016 WRX I've loved for the last 124k miles but time for a new car. I'm waiting for Hydro Blue to be available to order my Sport Altitude, but in the back of my mind I'm worried I'm going to really miss the power/speed.

I am getting a 6MT to hopefully keep SOME sportiness. That, and my wife's GLA250 is still a pretty fun drive in Sport mode!
I had a Subaru Impreza Sport (nothing in comparison to your WRX) with 145k miles and gave it to my youngest son to drive when I got my JLUR in July last year. I have been fortunate to have been interviewed on the side of the road by local law enforcement to discuss what those numbers on the white signs mean. As a long-time unintentional supporter of a number of local communities budgets I have learned that the skinny pedal seems to cost more than just higher gas usage. A Wrangler is not going to beg you to see just how fast you can take the twisty road, but you will find yourself driving down roads a Camaro or WRX would take significant damage from, but the Jeep will pass over with aplomb.

I have the 6MT and love it, but recommend turning off Hill Assist. Some don't believe it changes anything, but for me the clutch action became so much more consistent. You will love the Jeep and take the top and doors off and drive it around as it is a blast.

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
I came from a G8 GT to a 1st ever Wrangler early this year. My G8, granted it had 4 doors, was a super fun car. 450hp, loud exhaust, etc. After 6 months in my Wrangler, I have to say the Wrangler is more fun. Yes, I miss being able to hammer the gas and feel / hear everything that comes along with that. But the experience of putting the top back and taking the doors off is incredible. And the one time I've taken my BONE STOCK SPORT offroad, it was the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. Amazingly capable and again - completely stock.

Go for it - I really don't think you'll regret it.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Went in today and got swindled 🤦🏻‍♀️ The good ol bait and switch. Thought I was going to walk out paying 45k as advertised online only to find out that I don’t meet any of the requirements for the discounts. Half of them didn’t even make sense, they were giving a discount to college students and first responders. First responders I totally get but what college student can afford a 2021 jeep? Soooooo blown, they brought me down to 45k just to add over 7k in freight charges, taxes etc.

You know it means business when they get the sales manager to come over to try to talk you into whatever price they’re offering. That happened and I still didn’t budge. They also lowballed me on my Camaro and were only trying to give me 14k 😂 YEA OK! I understand everyone’s trying to make their money somehow but not coming down that much off MSRP really blew me. I will not give up though! This will now make the second shitty car buying experience that I’ve had regarding jeeps but it is what it is. Better luck next time!
Go to this website: Wrangler Deals

I joined this website 362 days before I picked up my Jeep. I found that website on this forum and paid 8% below invoice in Idaho from Kent at Peterson Jeep. Best purchasing experience ever. You pick the model and options you want. They send a quote showing the invoice prices for every line item and then take 8% off the price. There is a small processing fee and that is it. We flew up and they picked us up. I would have been at the dealership for 15-minutes total if the finance guy wasn't finishing with another customer. We drove home back to Arizona and we had a great time. I love the Jeep and so do my kids.

This is a way to avoid the frustration of the "standard" buying experience at most dealers. Everything is agreed to before you order and you know the cost of the vehicle ahead of time. I checked all the numbers and they didn't try anything funny.

Sponsored

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
I remember reading this article last year that Porsche were struggling to understand why people were buying the Wrangler over the boxster/caymen. Obviously very different vehicles but after moving from a 2dr Infiniti G37x to the Wrangler I weirdly understand why. To what others have said, its a different sort of fun, and I love it. I also love that there is generally less stress with keeping it absolutely pristine. Just a few days ago, had an 85 year old back into me at a gas station in Indiana and sure, it was annoying, but also nice that he just hit the rear bumper and I was able to just push it back in place (I did take his details just in case though).

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
Rent one for the weekend. I always recommend renting a wrangler if you've never owned one. The previous owner of my JL obviously hated the way it drive. I bought it used with only 4,500 on the ODO. His loss, my gain. They are not for everyone

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
If you get a Sahara for 40k I'm going to be plenty pissed, since I just ordered my JLU Sport-s for 40K. No one on here yet has been able to tell me if this is a good price or not.
The lowest I could get is 45k so don’t worry! I still feel like that’s high but maybe I’m just crazy.

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Guys, this is like the never ending dealership experience. I went there on Sunday and they’re still trying to finesse me lol. They aren’t budging on 45k for the 2021 High Altitude. I keep seeing the same exact model for everywhere in the DMV area for over $55k. It’s fully loaded with 7 miles on it and for some reason I can’t pull the trigger because I have the little voice telling me “don’t buy a Chrysler” lol. Am I crazy??? Should I just bite the bullet?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Guys, this is like the never ending dealership experience. I went there on Sunday and they’re still trying to finesse me lol. They aren’t budging on 45k for the 2021 High Altitude. I keep seeing the same exact model for everywhere in the DMV area for over $55k. It’s fully loaded with 7 miles on it and for some reason I can’t pull the trigger because I have the little voice telling me “don’t buy a Chrysler” lol. Am I crazy??? Should I just bite the bullet?
Well, now I'm confused (nothing new though). Sunday you said that they wouldn't sell it for $45k. What is the actual out the door price they're asking now before sale taxes?

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored