Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Went in today and got swindled 🤦🏻‍♀️ The good ol bait and switch. Thought I was going to walk out paying 45k as advertised online only to find out that I don’t meet any of the requirements for the discounts. Half of them didn’t even make sense, they were giving a discount to college students and first responders. First responders I totally get but what college student can afford a 2021 jeep? Soooooo blown, they brought me down to 45k just to add over 7k in freight charges, taxes etc.

You know it means business when they get the sales manager to come over to try to talk you into whatever price they’re offering. That happened and I still didn’t budge. They also lowballed me on my Camaro and were only trying to give me 14k 😂 YEA OK! I understand everyone’s trying to make their money somehow but not coming down that much off MSRP really blew me. I will not give up though! This will now make the second shitty car buying experience that I’ve had regarding jeeps but it is what it is. Better luck next time!
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Went in today and got swindled 🤦🏻‍♀️ The good ol bait and switch. Thought I was going to walk out paying 45k as advertised online only to find out that I don’t meet any of the requirements for the discounts. Half of them didn’t even make sense, they were giving a discount to college students and first responders. First responders I totally get but what college student can afford a 2021 jeep? Soooooo blown, they brought me down to 45k just to add over 7k in freight charges, taxes etc.

You know it means business when they get the sales manager to come over to try to talk you into whatever price they’re offering. That happened and I still didn’t budge. They also lowballed me on my Camaro and were only trying to give me 14k 😂 YEA OK! I understand everyone’s trying to make their money somehow but not coming down that much off MSRP really blew me. I will not give up though! This will now make the second shitty car buying experience that I’ve had regarding jeeps but it is what it is. Better luck next time!
Why don't you just order custom from the factory. Koons in Tyson's Corner does 8% under invoice (they charge a $899 processing but it's the best deal I've found in Delmarva). The order guides on this forum give you all of the info you need to figure out what the price would be.

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Why don't you just order custom from the factory. Koons in Tyson's Corner does 8% under invoice (they charge a $899 processing but it's the best deal I've found in Delmarva). The order guides on this forum give you all of the info you need to figure out what the price would be.
That’s not a bad idea, I just instantly shut out Koons because I had a horrible experience with their collision center but I suppose their sales are different. Also anything in Tysons is 💰 but I’m going to keep an open mind. Thank you!

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
That’s not a bad idea, I just instantly shut out Koons because I had a horrible experience with their collision center but I suppose their sales are different. Also anything in Tysons is 💰 but I’m going to keep an open mind. Thank you!
I don't see why you'd think that Tysons Corner would be more expensive. MSRP is MSRP. And invoice is invoice. Their 6-8% under invoice is the same price in Tysons Corner as any other location.

Koons is legit. I'll be buying my 4xe from them in the spring.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol!
As been said a Camaro and Wrangler are two completely different vehicles. For better or worse a Wrangler is unique from anything else on the road. People either love Wranglers or legitimately hate them. There's not much of an inbetween. Where you fall in that spectrum is up to your experience with a Jeep.

Visibility on Wranglers are great. It's one of the few things unanimously enjoyed about Wranglers(that and a heater that rivals the surface of the sun.) The windows are large and the vehicle is boxey. You have a great view from the front, looking to the side and out the rear view miroor. There's no blind spot with properly set mirrors. Visibility is one thing you'll appreciate.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
$7,000! They were even worse than what I thought they would be. Well, at least you went in with your eyes open.
:like:
Later,
Johnny

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
$7,000! They were even worse than what I thought they would be. Well, at least you went in with your eyes open.
:like:
Later,
Johnny
YES! Thank you for the heads up!

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap
I decided to make the switch from an 05 Mustang GT to a 2018 JLUR not to long ago. The thing I miss the most is the power/acceleration and the handling. Do I wish I still had my car, Yes. Do I wish I had my car more than my Jeep, No. but I do want another sports car along with the jeep in the future

A1E37F31-66DF-41CA-B73F-35FE7E966E27.jpeg

8582D56B-D108-4662-ABA8-CC86163F746E.jpeg

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I too am in this club. I’ve had a Camaro, Corvette and Mustang. Living in a state where it snows I used to pray I’d make it home from work on snowy days.
My Jeep has made my driving experience as fun as my first car that I got at 16 years old.

Snow unless measured in feet is no longer an issue.
It’s got plenty of power
It has a comfortable drive
It can go off road
I can open the roof and remove the doors

Im 56 now so it’s been 40 years of driving. If the good lord gave me another 40 years It’d be all Jeep’s

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
RagTopDeluxe said it better than I can.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!you will Love yours too
I sold my Jeep when I moved to Arizona, it was one of the 5 previously owned. This one was a 4 banger with air conditioning, that would over heat in Arizona stop and go traffic. So I got rid of it and bought a truck, my wife soon took over the truck and I bought a BMW 135, then A Nissan 370, Then a Honda Tricked out Rocket, had a 69 Camaro etc, etc, When I got into my new Jeep I felt like I had just walked into the home I grew up in. I Love my Jeep I will always have a Jeep and you will love yours too... If you want fast, get the new Hemi 392 that's about to come out. Who knows what you will pay for that. But I assure you it will be quick.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Rhonda, I suggest you get even.

Find a forum friendly dealer, get your Jeep from them. Then go to the dealership you mentioned with the paperwork from the other dealership, find your salesman and his manager and then ask them to review and go over it with you.

Presentation is everything. Whip it out, show it to them and then ask them if they’ll be willing to match. Make sure they see the price of everything the other dealer has agreed to.

Don’t worry, they won’t match it. And just watch how they react. It’ll be fun.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
I have my JL and I also have a convertible BMW. The BMW is fun to drive and enjoyable, but for some reason I prefer the Jeep 2 times over the BMW. I think you will not even look back after getting your new Jeep.
Sponsored