I can’t freakin decide! HELP!

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Ok guys, I’ve been researching and looking for Sahara Unlimited’s for over a year. When the color matched bumpers came out, I was sold! I’ve never owned a Jeep though, lol! Total newbie here but I’m on the fence. I grew up and learned how to drive with a Jeep Cherokee so I have a little bit of cred.

Besides that, I’ve only owned 2 door sports cars since I was 17. I currently own a 2017 Camaro that I absolutely adore but the blind spots should be illegal. I’m used to no back seats and horrible vision but this car tops the cake. I can barely see when it’s raining hard and I hydroplane nearly every damn time being that I’m driving a damn tank! I just need visibility in my life, lol! So what I’m asking is...am I going to hate life after switching from a sports car to a Jeep Wrangler? Yes, I’ve driven them many times before because I’ve rented them every summer for the beach. But I’d love to hear from someone who’s done the switch and was it worth it?! Thanks!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
I traded my 2014 Camaro convertible for a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
No regrets
I also have 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon I still love

A74EAEEF-15DB-4368-ACE9-44E064CD731D.jpeg

47346529-7F65-41C6-BFE3-0167DC7C5348.jpeg

B4D22943-FB89-45C5-802E-9AF0AE71F1B0.jpeg
Ok this makes me feel better! Thank you! Your Jeeps are gnarly! Def diggin that!

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
It’s gonna be hard to say goodbye to her....

Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 8B1A9218-AF95-4EA3-951A-B7BE4362BC0F

But I think it’s time for a badder bitch...

Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 8B1A9218-AF95-4EA3-951A-B7BE4362BC0F
It always depends on your needs. I moved across the country 3.5 years ago and left my 95 Trans Am in my father in laws storage shed. Only had room for 2 cars, my wife has a fuel efficient vehicle, 37+ mpg 4 door mini cooper, and i drive the utility 2018 JLUS. JL goes to ski trips, and we try to drive hers everywhere else, but the JL is nice to take everywhere. We do lots of hiking, skiing so it's nice to have the utility vehicle on all our trips. She drives about 70 miles round trip daily so the fuel economy is nice for her. I'm 20 miles round trip so it's all right. She also works from home a lot, 2 days a week and i drive the mini on those days. Do i miss my Trans Am? Every day sure, but I also realize it's not what i need in my life. Daily commute never gets above 50mph, and never over 3,000 rpm. City traffic is horrible.

To answer the question directly, you will miss the power to weight ratio, but probably nothing else.

but honestly you have a Chevy Colorado in the back here, do you really need to switch for 2 utility vehicles? I would never try to drive our mini in the snow.... not what it's for.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My Miata wasn’t as powerful as your Camaro but it was a blast and I loved it. It didn’t love me back (knee and shoulder issues) so it had to go.

I traded it in for my Rubicon and am very happy. It’s a different kind of fun!

IMG_5989-X3.jpg

(that two door is now a four door :like: )

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I love that someone else is going through the same conundrum as me!

I have a 2016 WRX I've loved for the last 124k miles but time for a new car. I'm waiting for Hydro Blue to be available to order my Sport Altitude, but in the back of my mind I'm worried I'm going to really miss the power/speed.

I am getting a 6MT to hopefully keep SOME sportiness. That, and my wife's GLA250 is still a pretty fun drive in Sport mode!

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
I think that if you realize you are talking two totally different types of vehicles here. My JLU Sport S sets in the garage beside my 2009 C6 Corvette. Totally different. The Jeep handles rain or snow with ease, while the Corvette, with It’s wide tires hydroplanes at will.
Now if the roads are dry....... Well you know.
I love both of these vehicles and would not part company with either. Each is designed to do a certain job. Both make good daily drivers.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Dude... (assuming you’re a dude, hope that doesn’t offend you)

You’ll be fine. My wife and I had a 2012 Mustang and 2012 Camaro at the same time, both with manual transmissions, and we loved them... but I had to get back in a jeep and she needed more room and visibility so I got my jeep and she got her 4Runner. No regrets for either of us. The only thing I liked about her Camaro was the IRS and the Tremec transmission. That thing was a pillbox. You’ll love the freedom that you get with a jeep... freedom to configure it how you want (doors off or on, top off or on, freedom panels off or on, etc) and the visibility and the freedom from constantly being worried about keeping it perfect. It’s just a totally different ownership experience.
Good luck!

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
It always depends on your needs. I moved across the country 3.5 years ago and left my 95 Trans Am in my father in laws storage shed. Only had room for 2 cars, my wife has a fuel efficient vehicle, 37+ mpg 4 door mini cooper, and i drive the utility 2018 JLUS. JL goes to ski trips, and we try to drive hers everywhere else, but the JL is nice to take everywhere. We do lots of hiking, skiing so it's nice to have the utility vehicle on all our trips. She drives about 70 miles round trip daily so the fuel economy is nice for her. I'm 20 miles round trip so it's all right. She also works from home a lot, 2 days a week and i drive the mini on those days. Do i miss my Trans Am? Every day sure, but I also realize it's not what i need in my life. Daily commute never gets above 50mph, and never over 3,000 rpm. City traffic is horrible.

To answer the question directly, you will miss the power to weight ratio, but probably nothing else.

but honestly you have a Chevy Colorado in the back here, do you really need to switch for 2 utility vehicles? I would never try to drive our mini in the snow.... not what it's for.

No I totally get it, the speed and pick up is definitely going to be missed but sometimes ya gotta switch it up. I won’t miss the cops following me every time I come off an exit onto the highway with that pickup 😂

Oh and the Chevy Colorado is my Dad’s, we were just doing an impromptu Chevy photoshoot at my parents house 😆 Clearly there’s a theme in my bc family 🤔 lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
My Miata wasn’t as powerful as your Camaro but it was a blast and I loved it. It didn’t love me back (knee and shoulder issues) so it had to go.

I traded it in for my Rubicon and am very happy. It’s a different kind of fun!

IMG_5989-X3.jpg

(that two door is now a four door :like: )
Thank you!! Love this!

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
I love that someone else is going through the same conundrum as me!

I have a 2016 WRX I've loved for the last 124k miles but time for a new car. I'm waiting for Hydro Blue to be available to order my Sport Altitude, but in the back of my mind I'm worried I'm going to really miss the power/speed.

I am getting a 6MT to hopefully keep SOME sportiness. That, and my wife's GLA250 is still a pretty fun drive in Sport mode!
Omg same!!!! I knew I wasn’t the only one 😂

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Dude... (assuming you’re a dude, hope that doesn’t offend you)

You’ll be fine. My wife and I had a 2012 Mustang and 2012 Camaro at the same time, both with manual transmissions, and we loved them... but I had to get back in a jeep and she needed more room and visibility so I got my jeep and she got her 4Runner. No regrets for either of us. The only thing I liked about her Camaro was the IRS and the Tremec transmission. That thing was a pillbox. You’ll love the freedom that you get with a jeep... freedom to configure it how you want (doors off or on, top off or on, freedom panels off or on, etc) and the visibility and the freedom from constantly being worried about keeping it perfect. It’s just a totally different ownership experience.
Good luck!
Lol def not a dude but it’s cool! Definitely feeling the vibes that it’s not going to be a bad switch or decision so thank you! Def a hard decision and there’s just something driving a sports car on a free highway 🌞

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
No I totally get it, the speed and pick up is definitely going to be missed but sometimes ya gotta switch it up. I won’t miss the cops following me every time I come off an exit onto the highway with that pickup 😂

Oh and the Chevy Colorado is my Dad’s, we were just doing an impromptu Chevy photoshoot at my parents house 😆 Clearly there’s a theme in my bc family 🤔 lol
Ha my family too. My uncle was GM Powertrain for many many years. My dad because he got the GM Employee Discount through his brother always bought GM vehicles end of story. I told him a few years ago, you just go to the dealer and say, "I'm not paying a penny above employee pricing" or 5% below invoice, and someone will work with you. That's what i did... and after that my mom has a pretty loaded Grand Cherokee, from about 2 years ago, and my dad just bought a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 in it.... now he knows how to deal with dealerships he's never going back to GM haha.

Good luck on the JL looks like you made up your mind.

OP
OP
Rhonda13

Rhonda13

First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Camaro LT
Ha my family too. My uncle was GM Powertrain for many many years. My dad because he got the GM Employee Discount through his brother always bought GM vehicles end of story. I told him a few years ago, you just go to the dealer and say, "I'm not paying a penny above employee pricing" or 5% below invoice, and someone will work with you. That's what i did... and after that my mom has a pretty loaded Grand Cherokee, from about 2 years ago, and my dad just bought a Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 in it.... now he knows how to deal with dealerships he's never going back to GM haha.

Good luck on the JL looks like you made up your mind.
LOL now you’re giving me ideas 🤔 I’m actually heading to the dealership in a couple days and I’m nervous AF about the pricing. You think it’s going to be impossible to get them down to 40k?
Jeep Wrangler JL I can’t freakin decide! HELP! 94ED6465-B4DB-428D-BC28-E12C0E0ED15C
Sponsored