Sponsored

I am trying to choose between KO2 or duratracs?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have seen several instances where the duratracs had irrepairable side wall punctures, with things you would NOt think could do that kind of damage . Like 1/2" dia piece of a branch about 6 inches long sticking all the way through the side wall . I would go KO2. There are other really good all-terrain tires out there as well that maybe better than either. Take a hard look at cooper tires. I just sold my JKU with a set of 35-70-17s Coper ATP and these were very good.

I personally had a set of falkens AT that lasted 88,000 miles and something about the tread compound gave it the best traction ( for me) that i have ever had. There was a writ eup on tires ( so many) that gave the tire the tire the high ratings on many traction surface than the old BFG, which i found to cup easily and wear poorly. That being said they don't make those falkens any more.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
If you want snow and ice traction, KO2 all day long.

marcdm

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara... preceded by 2012 JKU Sahara, Multiple CJ's, TJ's even XJ, WJ & WK2... yup, Always loved my jeeps :)
Your point on the product loyalty is spot on. I’ve been running the BFG from its original AT, to KO, and now KO2 for almost 30 years. I’ve tried a couple variations over the years - but more to have a second set of true MT’s then for other AT’s.

You come to know and like attributes of products that address the needs of use. I suspect I’ll forever be loyal to the BFG as I’ve just had such good success with them.. but I was honestly giving the RG a look as it seemed a good option and was available in a preferred size I wanted to try. But in the end, product familiarity lead me to stick to what I knew.

Truthfully - probably going to be happy with any of the 3.

My KO2s that came stock were 32" so fairly close. Ridge grapplers are 34" at 30psi.

No snowflake rating. I bought mine based on a ton of research for best all around tire and snow performance (live in Maine so snow performance was very important, but also all around for highway too etc).

Had the stock KO2s on until I swapped a week ago. It was good on snow, we just got 7+" two days ago and the ridge grapplers performed awesome too. Probably won't go wrong either. I'd look at some threads on Jeep forum regarding people talking about long term with all of them. Problem with jeep people is we are so loyal to our products and prideful so I find it hard to find an unbiased view sometimes. I have only had ridge grapplers for a week so no expert, but I can say that I chose them on my extensive research.
http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/wheels-tires/1705-nitto-ridge-grappler-hybrid-theory/

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wheels-tires/1611-testing-nittos-new-ridge-grappler-tire/

Last edited:

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I like my Duratracs. I live in the mountains of Colorado so I wanted an aggressive tread. I also have E rated tires. I honestly can't tell much of a difference in ride from my stock tires. I run them at 35 psi. No road noise also.

I also saw the manager at my local shop with Duratracs and he had 45,000 miles on them. They still looked new so I was impressed.
Sponsored