I accidentally trigger the alarm from the key fob once a week

baz

First Name
Baz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Any way to make it so that you have to press it twice?
Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don't know a programmable way to do this or if one exists.

What's the mechanism by which the alarm button is activated? For example, is it going off in a pants pocket or are you accidentally pressing it?

If the former, maybe Adam Trunkey's alternative FOB better recesses its panic button for your needs and may be right for you.

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Wrangler-JL-c34349008

There are many reviews of the product on this forum.

While Adam's fob is smaller, if you really want to take fob size down there's my DIY:

IMG_3154.JPG

(That's an American Quarter in the picture for scale, I only bother to say sir given your Canadian extraction.) It's hard by design for the panic button to go off because it's really inset. It's just the transponder chip, circuit board and battery in that box. The adhesive cork on the front allows me to establish the fob's orientation without looking at it, say while in the dark or a pant's pocket.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/smaller-key-fob.25099/

You can learn more about the transponder chip from Adam's installation video here:

Reactions: baz

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The Tazer JL has the option to disable the panic button. It is super sensitive and for the first few weeks I set mine off all the time. However,I guess I got used to it because it rarely happens anymore.

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
The Gibson Leatherworks fob holder recesses the buttons and completely solves the problem.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The Gibson Leatherworks fob holder recesses the buttons and completely solves the problem.
Excellent point....both windowless AND windowed version where one need not remove the fob from the holder to see and actuate the buttons solves the problem I've found.

….and some variations of this excellent product permit out of pocket wear....but, much as I love it (in part because I have the out of pocket variations),

when pocket space is tight, this big fob's size grows, even only if a little, with placed into a pocket with the holder attached--motivation for my micro fob above :) mine easier to lose too.;)

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer JL has the option to disable the panic button. It is super sensitive and for the first few weeks I set mine off all the time. However,I guess I got used to it because it rarely happens anymore.
I'm always leaning up against something and setting it off. The other day, there were 3 cars in my driveway, I set my alarm off, and all three cars alarms went off at the same time. Talk about confusion, everyone was looking at each other totally confused.....

Reactions: baz

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I did, it keeps the switchblade key from popping open and recesses the buttons so they don’t get pushed while in my pocket......:)

2CE288F0-9898-4B89-B8A5-42FFC7268D02.jpeg

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah, I was thrilled to remember that the Tazer just disables it. I keep meaning to see if it worked....
Sponsored