Sponsored

I’ve got Aux Switches: how do I connect my accessory lights with wiring harness?

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
so I just bought a set of ZRoadz A pillar lights, which I intend to wire to my factory Aux switches. The lights come with a wiring harness, complete with a relay, fuse and switch. How do I connect that to my Aux leads under the hood? Do I cut off the relay and switch and just wire direct??
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just did that for my friends Jeep, his lights came with inline fuse but switch was on and off only, no dimmer or blinking settings, we just cut it off ran to switch #3 wire under hood (15 amp). Then you can configure how you want lights to work through unconnects settings on radio screen. To come on with or without ignition switch etc... but if switch that comes with it does more than just on and off, you’ll have to get creative.

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Cut off the fuse, relay and switch. That’s all built into the aux already. Just need a positive and ground from the light to whatever aux wire u want. Positive goes to the wire and the ground can be grounded at the ground screw next to the battery in the engine compartment.

OP
OP
Guy N Cognito

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Done. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored