I’m stuck at lake Powell (page Az)

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Had the same thing happen to me when I was 19. Buried my YJ up to the axels. Father came down to pull me out. He got stuck. Tow truck came down. He got stuck. 2nd tow truck came, he towed out the 1st tow truck, who towed out my father, who ran a recovery strap to my YJ to tow me out.
Dang. And the thread starter thought he had it bad. In 1998, I took my YJ out on the sand on Oahu’s north shore near Dillingham Airfield, by Kaena Point, got stuck there too. Deep sand. Took about 7 of us to just push it. Was buried up to its Ass. Got it out. Only had it out that far so we could have a radio at a bonfire. Young and dumb.
Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Man, this story takes me back to 2001 when I was wheeling my Tacoma 2wd, and decided to go through a much smaller version of what the OP was stuck in... it resulted in me pushing the front of my truck backwards while my girlfriend at the time was manning the wheel...

Rough night but got us out without any recovery equipment and got transported in my truck bed to some showers near the beach to get all the mud off. Great memory, but will never attempt shit like that again without skids or atleast a buddy with a winch.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Years ago the tractor got stuck, the ‘84 Chevy s-10 got buried trying to help, then the ‘87 Chevy k-20 got buried trying to pull out the s-10. Then the tow truck came, tow chain broke trying to pull the k-20 out and came right through the front windshield!
omg what a day! Lol!

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
So there I was, in Freda MI on a logging road with 30 minutes until my shift began at the local bar in Houghton. My friend was stuck and I thought I’d haul him out with a tow strap. Then I got stuck, walked out and called a ride, lost all credibility at work for being late. . . By 4 hours.

Next day my friend, who I underappreciated until recently, hauled us out with his truck and some common sense.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I watched a really stuck JK get it's tow hitch torn out while a big old army truck was attempting to pull it out.

Don't let people with unlimited traction, big tow chains, and lots of power hook to your jeep and give'r is the lesson by watching that. Poor Jeep probably was never the same after getting it's sphincter torn out of it like that.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Meanwhile we all share our idiocy, all day. Awesome.
I was once stuck on Crawl Daddy. Totally hung up from looking under Jeep. A couple big boulders and a log and just could not get traction to climb the log - was wet and all the bark polished off. I was getting ready to winch it "up and over"

Then the spotter came over and said "turn 1/2 driver and back up slowly; and when I say cut hard passenger."

10 seconds later unstuck and had to go put the winch bits away.

His two pieces of precious advice:

"You got into that position without slipping and falling off anything so why can't you get out of it the same way?"

"Don't take that route - it looks easier but big bare wet logs never are."

That lesson was sometimes another set of eyes, especially if well skilled, are more important than anything bolted to your Jeep.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Dang. And the thread starter thought he had it bad. In 1998, I took my YJ out on the sand on Oahu’s north shore near Dillingham Airfield, by Kaena Point, got stuck there too. Deep sand. Took about 7 of us to just push it. Was buried up to its Ass. Got it out. Only had it out that far so we could have a radio at a bonfire. Young and dumb.
Beautiful point though. Was just there last week.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I was once stuck on Crawl Daddy. Totally hung up from looking under Jeep. A couple big boulders and a log and just could not get traction to climb the log - was wet and all the bark polished off. I was getting ready to winch it "up and over"

Then the spotter came over and said "turn 1/2 driver and back up slowly; and when I say cut hard passenger."

10 seconds later unstuck and had to go put the winch bits away.

His two pieces of precious advice:

"You got into that position without slipping and falling off anything so why can't you get out of it the same way?"

"Don't take that route - it looks easier but big bare wet logs never are."

That lesson was sometimes another set of eyes, especially if well skilled, are more important than anything bolted to your Jeep.
I know that log! :LOL: Had a great spotter (@chevymitchell) but it definitely sucked trying to gain traction over that thing.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sorry guys, I’m just tired, and still in the process of trying to get home. I’ll post an update and explain my idiocy and lessons learned once I’m home.
Well, we are impatiently waiting. Hmmmmm????

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
With all of the electronic gadgetry in a Wrangler they failed to develop a feature that works like Toyota CRAWL. Undoubtedly one of the best pieces of software that was ever developed for an off road vehicle. It would have got that thing unstuck easily.
Sponsored