Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Jeep brothers and sisters. Being we’re on the subject of mud I’d like to pick your brains.
I recently bought 2 sets of Chinese made traction boards for about 85 bucks each set on Amazon. Stupidly I watched You Tube videos on traction boards AFTER my purchase and saw nicely made in America Action Trax with metal studs. I’d have bought these first if I wasn’t so impatient because I believe you get what you pay for.
Do you guys feel a $350.00 set would’ve been overkill and they’re all basically the same or should I just use the ones I have and if they get crappy just upgrade?
Thanks friends.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I had a similar situation when I was 18yrs old in my Baja bug, 74 super beetle back in 1996. Digging and a friends dad had a dually. Digging was key. The suction between your jeep and that mud is a bee-otch. And that would be me with the shovel, also it was the last time I let my friends try to convince me I can drive through that much mud.
Jeep Wrangler JL I’m stuck at lake Powell (page Az) 0A86D9BF-8872-47D0-B44D-107798E74382

Last edited:

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you can’t get it pulled out then I’d start asking or calling around town for grading contractors or anyone who would be willing to bring a back hoe or track hoe out there to pick it up and move it out of the hole. That route will likely not be cheap unless there happens to be any road construction going on near the lake. Good luck with the recovery.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
What? Resolved? Close or delete? Edited at 1:04am. How did you get it out? This is a great story. We’re all rooting for you!
I feel like we need an update here... op can't just close the thread without concluding the story!
I know huh??
Feel like we've been left stuck in the mud :headbang:
Glad there was resolution, but WHAT???

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
Hello Jeep brothers and sisters. Being we’re on the subject of mud I’d like to pick your brains.
I recently bought 2 sets of Chinese made traction boards for about 85 bucks each set on Amazon. Stupidly I watched You Tube videos on traction boards AFTER my purchase and saw nicely made in America Action Trax with metal studs. I’d have bought these first if I wasn’t so impatient because I believe you get what you pay for.
Do you guys feel a $350.00 set would’ve been overkill and they’re all basically the same or should I just use the ones I have and if they get crappy just upgrade?
Thanks friends.
There are certain things that I don’t mess around with in terms of quality. With recovery equipment I buy quality because while I hope I never need to use it I don’t want to need it and have it break because it was poor quality.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t worry, it happens to us all. Just make sure you even out your jeep recovery karma (for every time you get pulled out or rescued, you should rescue one person). Next winter BOLO for stuck people on the side of the road and carry recovery gear with you. I have a policy that I never will sell a jeep unless I have even or positive recovery karma.

Unless of course you’re the kind of person who considers the money you pay someone to recover you as evening out the karma in which case disregard all this. Not casting judgment at all, I just have my own weird jeep superstitions and traditions.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Sorry guys, I’m just tired, and still in the process of trying to get home. I’ll post an update and explain my idiocy and lessons learned once I’m home.
Forgot to put it in 4WD?

;)

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Forgot to put it in 4WD?

;)
By the looks of that mud and the tires he was running that may not have helped much, maybe even got him in deeper :(

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
I had a similar situation when I was 18yrs old in my Baja bug, 74 super beetle back in 1996. Digging and a friends dad had a dually. Digging was key. The suction between your jeep and that mud is a bee-otch. And that would be me with the shovel, also it was the last time I let my friends try to convince me I can drive through that much mud.
Jeep Wrangler JL I’m stuck at lake Powell (page Az) answers
Had the same thing happen to me when I was 19. Buried my YJ up to the axels. Father came down to pull me out. He got stuck. Tow truck came down. He got stuck. 2nd tow truck came, he towed out the 1st tow truck, who towed out my father, who ran a recovery strap to my YJ to tow me out.
Sponsored