I’m so tired of companies taking my money and not shipping!🤬

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
The dishonesty of the putting things for sale on your website that you do NOT have, may never be able to get , but get paid for immediately is just disgusting! Here are 2 examples of what I’m talking about. The 2 companies that took my money for a product they never produced and I’m still in the process of getting my money back, are still “selling” the same product they don’t have to other unsuspecting customers!
I agree if the company is dishonest or misleading. If you click on the rotopax item, it says that it's on backorder for 180 days. If something says it's on backorder for more than a month, I would be willing to bet that anything goes and you get it when you get it.

I also understand that Northridge wants your money up front so they can order the product. Imagine being a ma and pa shop and having somebody order something for $50 that's on backorder. Ma has to front the $50 to buy it, hope you don't cancel the order, and send it on. If you were to cancel, then ma and pa would have to figure out what to do with it.

Ideally, I would like to go to a site, buy a part and have it ship the same day. I understand that not everything is like that though and while it's frustrating to have to wait, that's sometimes all we can do.

northridge.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I agree if the company is dishonest or misleading. If you click on the rotopax item, it says that it's on backorder for 180 days. If something says it's on backorder for more than a month, I would be willing to bet that anything goes and you get it when you get it.

I also understand that Northridge wants your money up front so they can order the product. Imagine being a ma and pa shop and having somebody order something for $50 that's on backorder. Ma has to front the $50 to buy it, hope you don't cancel the order, and send it on. If you were to cancel, then ma and pa would have to figure out what to do with it.

Ideally, I would like to go to a site, buy a part and have it ship the same day. I understand that not everything is like that though and while it's frustrating to have to wait, that's sometimes all we can do.

northridge.png
I totally get what you are saying about the back order time now, however when I purchased mine it didn’t say that. Also the 180 days is a big fat guess. They’ve been out longer than that now. They don’t know if they will EVER get more, but the’re still willing to take your money today.
My .02.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I wonder how many of these rotopax locks @Northridge4x4 has backordered for customers. I doubt they would want to share that information with us, but it could be a lot of money they’re holding onto for “us”. Or maybe they gave it to rotopax and are just hoping they don’t fold................lol I can’t see any reason for them to be paid before an item ships.

I don’t really like the idea of more laws, but maybe it’s time for some legislation on taking money immediately for a product that a 3rd party has to produce.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
There is a lot of info here and a lot of moving parts.

Couple things.We are still a Rotopax dealer and we will be getting more once they can supply more than just there retail customers. So we will be getting more we have thousands on order with them currently.

We do process the order once the order get put in and with that you get put in line and the day the inventory shows up the warehouse picks it and ships it , we try and provide accurate lead times but in this ever changing environment the lead times we are getting from our vendors are pretty much never accurate. I personally put 180 days because if you still order that I feel its safe to say you are willing to wait for the product.

really the only reason we need money up front is once the inventory comes in it ships out the same day and there is no way we could call everybody that day, make sure they still want the product , charge the order and then ship the order. its not a perfect system but during normal times it works pretty well as normally our lead times are fairly accurate.

we also dont hold your order hostage if you ever want to cancel a simple call or email can get that done and we of course dont charge any fees and it gets done really quickly.

In regards to having items on our site that are not in stock. that wont ever change. Mainly for Google if we add and remove products all the time it would not be pretty for our SEO ranking. We have live inventory on all products so the customer knows prior to placing an order if we have it or not. if we show it in stock 99.99999% of the time we do have it and it will ship the same business day if ordered prior to 2pm pacific. Most of our customers really like the fact that we show live inventory and show what we dont have in stock and are willing to wait for it.

- in regards to your question we have 3 on backorder right now... i dont mind telling you we are not trying to be deceptive in any way we are actually the total opposite...

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
There is a lot of info here and a lot of moving parts.

Couple things.We are still a Rotopax dealer and we will be getting more once they can supply more than just there retail customers. So we will be getting more we have thousands on order with them currently.

We do process the order once the order get put in and with that you get put in line and the day the inventory shows up the warehouse picks it and ships it , we try and provide accurate lead times but in this ever changing environment the lead times we are getting from our vendors are pretty much never accurate. I personally put 180 days because if you still order that I feel its safe to say you are willing to wait for the product.

really the only reason we need money up front is once the inventory comes in it ships out the same day and there is no way we could call everybody that day, make sure they still want the product , charge the order and then ship the order. its not a perfect system but during normal times it works pretty well as normally our lead times are fairly accurate.

we also dont hold your order hostage if you ever want to cancel a simple call or email can get that done and we of course dont charge any fees and it gets done really quickly.

In regards to having items on our site that are not in stock. that wont ever change. Mainly for Google if we add and remove products all the time it would not be pretty for our SEO ranking. We have live inventory on all products so the customer knows prior to placing an order if we have it or not. if we show it in stock 99.99999% of the time we do have it and it will ship the same business day if ordered prior to 2pm pacific. Most of our customers really like the fact that we show live inventory and show what we dont have in stock and are willing to wait for it.

- in regards to your question we have 3 on backorder right now... i dont mind telling you we are not trying to be deceptive in any way we are actually the total opposite...
listen I have done other business with you and all has gone well, and I’ll most likely buy from you again. I really don’t have a problem with Northridge, I have a problem with the system that has had its flaws exposed. I have been bringing you up because of my direct experience with the rotopax lock. I’ve done business with some places that didn’t charge my card until the product shipped. I believe if you really wanted to you could find a way to do the same.

That would be best for the customer wouldn’t it? If the answer is yes, then my next question is.......why don’t you?

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I dont know that I have an answer for that currently. I can see it from both sides. And trust me its not us needing the money its more of a speed to get product out the door and being as efficient as we possibly can. And customers are split on it as well.

And I am all for changing the way we do business if its best for the customer and the business but it also doesn't happen overnight.

We are working on a program that you can enter in your email address and it will alert you when the product you are looking for comes back in stock so you can then place your order if you dont want to be put in line.

OP
OP
av8or

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I dont know that I have an answer for that currently. I can see it from both sides. And trust me its not us needing the money its more of a speed to get product out the door and being as efficient as we possibly can. And customers are split on it as well.

And I am all for changing the way we do business if its best for the customer and the business but it also doesn't happen overnight.

We are working on a program that you can enter in your email address and it will alert you when the product you are looking for comes back in stock so you can then place your order if you dont want to be put in line.
Excellent! Now we are communicating. My thought is if a product is backordered and the customer already knows they are going to have to wait, what’s 1 or 2 more days to process once the product is available. If you don’t charge them first, then there would be nothing left to do if the product never was to be available, except notify the customer that the item is no longer available.

I’ve been looking for the second lock for the last month, and have paid for one 4 times, and I still don’t have it. Northridge was one of them. One of the sellers still has not reimbursed me. I’m sure you can see the problem. It’s really not right for any of these companies to charge until shipped.

RubicoReza

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Has anyone ever ordered from Artemis Overland Hardware? I ordered a Garage Smart Top lift from them on July 9th. Emailed them a week later and they say it’s about to ship. It’s been 11 days. What the limit in # of days to wait? The summer is flashing before my eyes and I’d like the too off.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Every in stock item I ordered from Northridge 4x4 has arrived at my front door in pretty much less than a week. Even most out of stock items arrived sooner than the expected delivery time. Two exceptions were an Icon steering stabilizer and Rotopax mounts. The latter of the two seem to be mentioned a lot on this tread. Northridge was also very good keeping me updated and I was surprised how often they emailed me. Now maybe they’ll give me some free stuff. 👍

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some really expensive plants back in February. I finally got a notification a little while ago that they were expected to ship in October. I ought to just file fraud charges and to hell with it, but I'm curious if they will ever actually ship anything.
Maybe they're not yet legal in your state? ;)

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I've been getting the same left and right too... after a week, if I see it hasn't shipped, I demand an immediate refund.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Every in stock item I ordered from Northridge 4x4 has arrived at my front door in pretty much less than a week. Even most out of stock items arrived sooner than the expected delivery time. Two exceptions were an Icon steering stabilizer and Rotopax mounts. The latter of the two seem to be mentioned a lot on this tread. Northridge was also very good keeping me updated and I was surprised how often they emailed me. Now maybe they’ll give me some free stuff. 👍
I've had the same experience with Northridge 4x4, which is why they continue to be my go-to source. Their inventory and shipping eta's on each product page have always been on point, and only one recent part was delayed beyond the original 30 day to ship status. It was for the RockJock Antirock sway kit. I used the chat function on their site, which immediately had me connected to a very helpful Northridge employee that was quick to call the manufacturer for an update. It was a simple materials shortage, but a promise that it would be shipped in no more than 30 days. They were polite and apologized for the delay. I told them that I fully understand the current craze and that my main concern was that it was still in the pipeline.

As for free parts, technically they already do that for us forum members. The JLWRANGLERFORUM coupon code has saved me at least $3k at this point, which has helped bloat my parts pile. Some real wishful thinking, would be finding @Tech Tim wearing a scuba mask in one of the boxes, to help knock down the pile. :rock: :LOL:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It didn't work so well last we tried that....

Jeep Wrangler JL I’m so tired of companies taking my money and not shipping!🤬 iu
That just made me lose a gulp of water out of my nose... hahahahaha!

From the looks of it, that poor guy must've sounded like a 10yo girl that just found a spider crawling up her leg. :CWL:

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Maybe they're not yet legal in your state? ;)
It won't be much longer before they're selling those plants at Walmart on the Gifts for Mom rack in front of the store, as far as that goes. Virginia is all set up to be the next Colorado.

No, I tried to buy some pretty hellebores. $100 for three plants, and if I ever get them, it will have taken eight months. I'm betting I never see them anyway. Crooks.
Sponsored