Sponsored

I’m so excited it arrived 😡 @ExtremeTerrain I thought I heard a C-130 overhead.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
That’s unfortunate. But the condition of the packaging doesn’t matter too much….. it’s really a question of if the stuff inside is undamaged and intact. If it was packed very well inside, there is a good chance nothing is damaged despite the box looking like it had 10 rounds with Tyson.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my front bumper from Extreme Terrain and it showed up only slightly damaged, just a few little scratches and the passenger side top corner was chipped, easy fix. I ordered my side steps from them too at a pretty good discount and the box they came in was damn near perfect, so were the side steps. its hit or miss.

Could be worse... could have been a AC-130

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
This is why companies like Shrockworks and LOD pack their stuff so well. It's a pain to get their products unwrapped, but rarely do they show up damaged. While I'm not a fan of Extreme Terrain, this isn't their fault, this is on DV8 and how they choose to cut corners to save some money on shipping.

Usually these things ship via freight to shops and they don't get damaged that way, but when shipped to a person a box needs a lot more packaging material to handle UPS and FedEx system. Plus it looks like DV8 picked a low quality box, I'd expect much thicker walls like a 500# cardboard. That looks like a 250# wall.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I received a Rival bumper in much the same condition. I don't blame them, it didn't leave that way. However the condition of the box didn't matter since the the box only existed to contain a giant bouncy banana and make it square. Deep inside the giant bouncy banana was a pristine bumper.

I'm just glad it showed up. Delivery delays are brutal now.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Usually these things ship via freight to shops and they don't get damaged that way, but when shipped to a person a box needs a lot more packaging material to handle UPS and FedEx system.
I don't think it matters much. I've received quite a few LTL deliveries here at the house. I've had stuff show up looking like hammered hell, and I've had stuff show up in pristine condition. It's the same story with UPS and the like. A lot of it depends on how the shipper packaged it, and a lot of it just depends on luck.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I literally had a box show up wide open the other day. I caught the driver and said you couldn’t even just close it by hand for me if I wasn’t home? Really wide open! I was surprised cause ups for us is usually awesome. Fed ex well I am usually just happy if I get my package vs having the driver try to steal it. Ya 2 times now had a driver say it was delivered and it wasn’t there. Driver said said both times oh I’m on my way. Then why did you say it was delivered. Both times I was home when it happened. Both times with very large expensive lego sets.

I second lod as mentioned above bullet proof packing with the foam injection and double boxing. Those guys rock!