• Watchers 2

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
No if I go with a wrangler I’ll will not lease it. I will buy it with an extended warranty tho. If I go back to GC I’ll lease that. I know I’ll never get the ride like a GC summit from a Sahara or rubi but I’ll get other features a GC can’t offer “ no roof and doors when it’s summer time” Sahara offer this. Is this locking axel? I was debating on the full time awd that the Sahara offered for my wife but then I told my self she don’t drive in the snow.

97289629-84E2-438D-87ED-09E4A17EDFBC.png
Put it this way, if you don’t know for sure the difference between limited slip and a locker, as this post implies, you don’t need lockers.
Sponsored

Jaym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Put it this way, if you don’t know for sure the difference between limited slip and a locker, as this post implies, you don’t need lockers.
Unless they start off roading, learn what lockers can do, then want lockers. Then they will wish they would have grabbed the Rubi.

OP
OP

Deleted member 29342

I think most likely I’ll be going with a Rubicon. That way I have everything Covered from the beginning

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I think most likely I’ll be going with a Rubicon. That way I have everything Covered from the beginning
I didn’t see it mentioned that the Rubi has higher wheel wells. I didn’t want that, and do more trails than boulders, and live where there is a lot of snow each winter, so I went with a Sahara so I could get the selec track and added slip diff and tow package with better daily driver handling. I think the slip diff option gives a better axle anyway(?)

Having said that, I ordered mine in fall of 2017 before vehicle production started. At the time the payload capacity was listed at 1,100(ish) lbs.. However, when I picked my Sahara up from the dealer it had a sticker payload of 860! My assumption is (not sure if anybody can help verify/clarify this for me) that the added packages weight offset my payload 400lbs.

I don’t do a lot of towing but I do have tall and heavier dudes that ride with me. If the Rubi gave me a higher payload capacity with the same features (don’t know if that is the case) I would have ordered that instead even without needing bigger tires, lockers, etcs.
Sponsored